Page 49 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #481
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    We could get by on a 1/4 of what we spend today. Easily.
    But for how long - that is the real question.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #482
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,452

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    But for how long - that is the real question.
    Until a credible threat comes along. We can always ramp up, if need be.

  3. #483
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Until a credible threat comes along. We can always ramp up, if need be.
    And if time permits. We have also been told this about border control and immigration law enforcement for decades, yet it never seems to actually happen.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #484
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    $200 Billion tops.
    LOL, and where do you get your expertise? But lets say you are right and we have a 200 billion dollar budget for the military, that is 500 billion less in deficit which still leaves us with a 700 billion dollar deficit. Do you not realize how poorly informed you are?

  5. #485
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,452

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    And if time permits. We have also been told this about border control and immigration law enforcement for decades, yet it never seems to actually happen.
    Actually, border fears are another on the long list of Right Wing paranoia. No one crosses the border anymore. If anything, the illegals are going back home.
    The number of undocumented immigrants living in the United States fell to an estimated 11.1 million in 2011 from about 12 million in 2007, according to an analysis of Census data released Thursday by the Associated Press. About 80 percent of undocumented immigrants come from Mexico and Latin America.

    Illegal immigration drops after decade-long rise
    See. Lots of fear about nothing. That's how the Right makes their bones. You never noticed that?

  6. #486
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,452

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, and where do you get your expertise? But lets say you are right and we have a 200 billion dollar budget for the military, that is 500 billion less in deficit which still leaves us with a 700 billion dollar deficit. Do you not realize how poorly informed you are?
    Do you know the deficit is rapidly shrinking?
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...l-shrink/?_r=0

    The federal budget deficit will fall to $759 billion for the fiscal year that ends this September, a $214 billion improvement from the projection made in March, as spending cuts, tax increases and an improving economy begin to tame the government’s red ink, the White House budget office said on Monday.
    You shouldn't call others poorly informed. You're kind of a laughingstock.

  7. #487
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Actually, border fears are another on the long list of Right Wing paranoia. No one crosses the border anymore. If anything, the illegals are going back home.


    See. Lots of fear about nothing. That's how the Right makes their bones. You never noticed that?
    Yes, that is due to the booming Obama economy!

    I cannot believe how naive you are, I live in TX and can tell you how wrong you are but that doesn't matter because since you cannot see it you don't believe it unless you are told by some leftwing site that you want to believe.

  8. #488
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,544

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Actually, border fears are another on the long list of Right Wing paranoia. No one crosses the border anymore. If anything, the illegals are going back home.


    See. Lots of fear about nothing. That's how the Right makes their bones. You never noticed that?
    Great argument there, Skippy. Crime is dropping "all by itself" too - so should we simply relax and celebrate that fact or continue to try to eliminate it?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #489
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I think you are so invested in the tyranny that you enjoy your chains.
    There is much truth in what you say.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #490
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,452

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Great argument there, Skippy. Crime is dropping "all by itself" too - so should we simply relax and celebrate that fact or continue to try to eliminate it?
    Sorry, I'm not in fear of little brown men crossing the Rio Grande to come take my job. The militarization of our Southern Border is proof that the Right has run amok. Racist pigs.

    Funny, no one talks of building a fence along the line with Canada.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •