Page 44 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    There is evidence all around the world that government run medical programs are corrupt, inefficient, slow and more costly. Just open your eyes.

    You don't have to go far and you can do the research in English by looking at the mess north of the border. The Supreme Court of Quebec stated waiting lists do not constitute care. Which tells you what? That up to that point government had treated waiting lists as care. What a system... but that's typical of government.
    Factually, that's not true. Nearly all of the world has some form of UHC, and they spend far less than we do. You guys cherry pick and often misrepresent information. Both are dishonest tactics.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #432
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ROTFLOL... oh yes, some things are increasing, but not near the leaps and bounds ObamaKare is causing healthkare to skyrocket.

    Yes, and when government is responsible for all these individuals... you better hope you don't have to go through the ObamaKare DMV.

    As I said earlier... I bet most Libs and stated you surely chanted "THIS ISN'T SINGLE PAYER", all the time knowing Obamakare is the green ooze meant to slide under the door towards single payer. The thread below with the "single payer" chorus is from 2.5 years ago. BTW, it was an easy find, I just clicked into your name and "single payer"... BINGO!

    Single payer suicide has always been your goal and ObamaKare is a mere stepping stone.
    Not sure what you're going on about. But this isn't a single payer system, though I don't appose one. Such a system would be an improvement.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Ah, we have us a strict constitutionalist. Well, seems the game has changed a bit since 1787. I imagine you rather sit in a barn praying the candles stay lit than having modern utilities and high speed transportation. Well, me and about 300,000,000 other people do not.
    Again, no concept of what your taxes fund? You are a liberal elites dream, naive, gullible, poorly informed, and willing to accept the liberal elite rhetoric about spending in the name of compassion. You have no concept of what your taxes fund and willingly accept the fact that the intended use of those funds isn't being realized.

    When you go into a gasoline station, you pay Federal and State excise taxes which were created to fund the infrastructure including highways and bridges. Congress and the President have used that as a slush fund for whatever they want and spent the money just like they have done with your SS and Medicare contributions. You want to ignore that and reward that behavior by giving them more money? That is liberalism, thinking with the heart and not the brain.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Factually, that's not true. Nearly all of the world has some form of UHC, and they spend far less than we do. You guys cherry pick and often misrepresent information. Both are dishonest tactics.
    Then post the wait times in Canada and Britain for us? Post the number of people in both countries? Post the real reason we have such high medical expenses in this country and then explain to us how Obamacare is going to do what the CBO says it won't do, increase costs? You must really benefit personally from Obamacare because no one is this passionate over a program destined for failure.

  5. #435
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then post the wait times in Canada and Britain for us? Post the number of people in both countries? Post the real reason we have such high medical expenses in this country and then explain to us how Obamacare is going to do what the CBO says it won't do, increase costs? You must really benefit personally from Obamacare because no one is this passionate over a program destined for failure.
    Two things:

    1) those are not the only two countries with UHC.

    2) I've already posted their wait times and ours. Comparable. Here, rich get seen much faster, and poor less fast. The average is only slightly better than those countries, but only slightly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #436
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Factually, that's not true. Nearly all of the world has some form of UHC, and they spend far less than we do. You guys cherry pick and often misrepresent information. Both are dishonest tactics.
    So what? Most of the world's population does not live under free democratic gov'ts or enjoy basic human rights - should we aspire to that as well?

    Democracy Momentum Sustained As | Freedom House

    Globalization, Human Rights, and Democracy | Cato Institute
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #437
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Two things:

    1) those are not the only two countries with UHC.

    2) I've already posted their wait times and ours. Comparable. Here, rich get seen much faster, and poor less fast. The average is only slightly better than those countries, but only slightly.
    Nobody asserts that giving the poor something paid for by others will not be better for the poor. The question is will it be better for MOST.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #438
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    So what? Most of the world's population does not live under free democratic gov'ts or enjoy basic human rights - should we aspire to that as well?

    Democracy Momentum Sustained As | Freedom House

    Globalization, Human Rights, and Democracy | Cato Institute
    Are you saying Canada, England, France, and so on are not free? Don't enjoy basic human rights?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Two things:

    1) those are not the only two countries with UHC.

    2) I've already posted their wait times and ours. Comparable. Here, rich get seen much faster, and poor less fast. The average is only slightly better than those countries, but only slightly.
    Those are the two closest to having the type economy we have in this country but you are right, neither has 312 million people and 50 independent states. Why do you believe what the govt. is telling you? What benefit do you get out of Obamacare, me paying for your health insurance? Why don't you just send me your address and I will send you a check directly vs sending it to a bureaucrat to spend it for you?

  10. #440
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Are you saying Canada, England, France, and so on are not free? Don't enjoy basic human rights?
    Not at all. Reading is for the mental, I mean, fundamental. You said the US should use a UHC because "most" do; I simply pointed out that the US enjoys much more freedom and human rights than "most" do. Simply because something applies to more nations or to more people does not mean it is "better" it only means that it is more common.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •