Page 43 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #421
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Most of those trillions came from defense spending. We spend about $1.5T per year on defense and current wars. That's on about a $4T budget.
    Oh, please stop posting, you are making a fool of yourself. the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars totals were 1.5 trillion dollars over 11 years or less than 150 billion a year but never let those facts get in the way of your opinions. Cite your source and please use Treasury Data for we don't pay debt service on leftwing website lies. The defense Budget was about 700 billion a year out of the 3.0 trillion Bush budgets and supplementals although not part of the budget were part of the deficits. You really need to get some help understanding first the role of the govt and second the line items in that budget.

  2. #422
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Yeah, government isn't there to provide roads, water, a power grid or anything at all.

    Libertarians really are living in a vacuum.
    Which government, Federal, State, Local? Please find out what your taxes fund and who you pay those taxes to?

  3. #423
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly, though some of those aren't doing all that well. The change in culture heard regular mail more than anything else.

    And lots of things in the private sector are in the news for high costs as well. It actually costs a good bit to care for an aging population. Shocking. Just shocking.
    There is evidence all around the world that government run medical programs are corrupt, inefficient, slow and more costly. Just open your eyes.

    You don't have to go far and you can do the research in English by looking at the mess north of the border. The Supreme Court of Quebec stated waiting lists do not constitute care. Which tells you what? That up to that point government had treated waiting lists as care. What a system... but that's typical of government.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #424
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hardly, though some of those aren't doing all that well. The change in culture heard regular mail more than anything else.

    And lots of things in the private sector are in the news for high costs as well. It actually costs a good bit to care for an aging population. Shocking. Just shocking.
    ROTFLOL... oh yes, some things are increasing, but not near the leaps and bounds ObamaKare is causing healthkare to skyrocket.

    Yes, and when government is responsible for all these individuals... you better hope you don't have to go through the ObamaKare DMV.

    As I said earlier... I bet most Libs and stated you surely chanted "THIS ISN'T SINGLE PAYER", all the time knowing Obamakare is the green ooze meant to slide under the door towards single payer. The thread below with the "single payer" chorus is from 2.5 years ago. BTW, it was an easy find, I just clicked into your name and "single payer"... BINGO!

    Single payer suicide has always been your goal and ObamaKare is a mere stepping stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. But then again, this isn't a single payer system. Remember, I argue we haven't gone far enough to be completely effective.
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-16-13 at 08:02 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #425
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,776

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, please stop posting, you are making a fool of yourself. the cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars totals were 1.5 trillion dollars over 11 years or less than 150 billion a year but never let those facts get in the way of your opinions. Cite your source and please use Treasury Data for we don't pay debt service on leftwing website lies. The defense Budget was about 700 billion a year out of the 3.0 trillion Bush budgets and supplementals although not part of the budget were part of the deficits. You really need to get some help understanding first the role of the govt and second the line items in that budget.
    Maybe if you bothered being informed, you wouldn't hold such silly worldviews.
    All told, the U.S. government spent about $718 billion on defense and international security assistance in 2011 — more than it spent on Medicare. That includes all of the Pentagon’s underlying costs as well as the price tag for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, which came to $159 billion in 2011. It also includes arms transfers to foreign governments.
    (Note that this figure does not, however, include benefits for veterans, which came to $127 billion in 2011, or about 3.5 percent of the federal budget. If you count those benefits as “defense spending,” then the number goes up significantly.)
    U.S. defense spending is expected to have risen in 2012, to about $729 billion, and then is set to fall in 2013 to $716 billion, as spending caps start kicking in.
    America’s staggering defense budget, in charts
    And, that's not including either war, Homeland security and other nicities.

    Budget breakdown for 2012

    Defense-related expenditure 2012 Budget request & Mandatory spending[22][23] Calculation[24][25]
    DOD spending $707.5 billion Base budget + "Overseas Contingency Operations"
    FBI counter-terrorism $2.9 billion At least one-third FBI budget.
    International Affairs $5.6–$63.0 billion At minimum, foreign arms sales. At most, entire State budget
    Energy Department, defense-related $21.8 billion
    Veterans Affairs $70.0 billion
    Homeland Security $46.9 billion
    NASA, satellites $3.5–$8.7 billion Between 20% and 50% of NASA's total budget
    Veterans pensions $54.6 billion
    Other defense-related mandatory spending $8.2 billion
    Interest on debt incurred in past wars $109.1–$431.5 billion Between 23% and 91% of total interest
    Total Spending $1.030–$1.415 trillion

  6. #426
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,776

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Which government, Federal, State, Local? Please find out what your taxes fund and who you pay those taxes to?
    Judging by your last post, you should't talk when it comes to someone needing to find things out.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Maybe if you bothered being informed, you wouldn't hold such silly worldviews.

    And, that's not including either war, Homeland security and other nicities.

    Budget breakdown for 2012

    Defense-related expenditure 2012 Budget request & Mandatory spending[22][23] Calculation[24][25]
    DOD spending $707.5 billion Base budget + "Overseas Contingency Operations"
    FBI counter-terrorism $2.9 billion At least one-third FBI budget.
    International Affairs $5.6$63.0 billion At minimum, foreign arms sales. At most, entire State budget
    Energy Department, defense-related $21.8 billion
    Veterans Affairs $70.0 billion
    Homeland Security $46.9 billion
    NASA, satellites $3.5$8.7 billion Between 20% and 50% of NASA's total budget
    Veterans pensions $54.6 billion
    Other defense-related mandatory spending $8.2 billion
    Interest on debt incurred in past wars $109.1$431.5 billion Between 23% and 91% of total interest
    Total Spending $1.030$1.415 trillion
    Have you ever read the Constitution including the Preamble? What is the role of the Federal Govt? The answer is there. We have a defense budget and if you eliminated the entire budget of course the world would leave us alone and we would never be attacked but the debt would still be high. Is that what you are proposing, eliminating the defense budget?


    By the way the Iraq War ended with the Status of Forces Agreement in 2008 so tell me how we had trillion dollar deficits and 6.2 trillion added to the debt every year under the Obama Administration? Thanks for posting the Defense Budget and ignoring that Obama has proposed a 3.77 trillion dollar budget

  8. #428
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Judging by your last post, you should't talk when it comes to someone needing to find things out.
    Unfortunately you don't have a clue. When you buy gasoline what makes up the price of that gasoline? You don't seem to understand the role of the Federal, State, and local governments nor what your taxes fund. Suggest you stop posting until you do or do you not have a problem looking foolish?

  9. #429
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,776

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Have you ever read the Constitution including the Preamble? What is the role of the Federal Govt? The answer is there. We have a defense budget and if you eliminated the entire budget of course the world would leave us alone and we would never be attacked but the debt would still be high. Is that what you are proposing, eliminating the defense budget?


    By the way the Iraq War ended with the Status of Forces Agreement in 2008 so tell me how we had trillion dollar deficits and 6.2 trillion added to the debt every year under the Obama Administration? Thanks for posting the Defense Budget and ignoring that Obama has proposed a 3.77 trillion dollar budget
    Ah, we have us a strict constitutionalist. Well, seems the game has changed a bit since 1787. I imagine you rather sit in a barn praying the candles stay lit than having modern utilities and high speed transportation. Well, me and about 300,000,000 other people do not.

  10. #430
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Maybe if you bothered being informed, you wouldn't hold such silly worldviews.

    And, that's not including either war, Homeland security and other nicities.

    Budget breakdown for 2012

    Defense-related expenditure 2012 Budget request & Mandatory spending[22][23] Calculation[24][25]
    DOD spending $707.5 billion Base budget + "Overseas Contingency Operations"
    FBI counter-terrorism $2.9 billion At least one-third FBI budget.
    International Affairs $5.6–$63.0 billion At minimum, foreign arms sales. At most, entire State budget
    Energy Department, defense-related $21.8 billion
    Veterans Affairs $70.0 billion
    Homeland Security $46.9 billion
    NASA, satellites $3.5–$8.7 billion Between 20% and 50% of NASA's total budget
    Veterans pensions $54.6 billion
    Other defense-related mandatory spending $8.2 billion
    Interest on debt incurred in past wars $109.1–$431.5 billion Between 23% and 91% of total interest
    Total Spending $1.030–$1.415 trillion
    Well, this is from the article you posted: "Since 2001, the base defense budget has soared from $287 billion to $530 billion — and that’s before accounting for the primary costs of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars." The total costs for the Iraq war was a little over a trillion over ten plus years. So going back to what you originally posted about the cost then posted in your article, ...fuzzy math. What it looks like to me is, you pulled a number off the top of your head that you heard before, realized the point you were trying to make with the number wasn't quite right, then tried to disguise what you first posted with a published article.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •