Page 41 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #401
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    None is too absolute, but much of the problems have been asking programs to do more than planned for. The 6% number is a plan, spelled out, and it includes everyone. So, not as much room to move away from.

    But take the numbers and tell me why you object to keeping more money?
    There are so many exceptions to the plan and so many allowed to opt out of it that the original plans aren't certain to be what you think they are. I am still waiting for you to tell me any Federal Social program that cost what it was supposed to cost and offered better care than individuals can get on their own?

    Look, I totally understand you wanting this program to be a success but history says you are wrong. There are almo t 18000 pages of regulations right now, Max Baucus who helped write the bill is now talking about a train wreck, implementation is going to be a disaster which is something you cannot seem to grasp. I am over 65, had to give up my private healthcare program and go on Medicare and let me tell you I hate Medicare after going off my private healthcare program. I guess that isn't a problem for you since you aren't on Medicare therefore it is easy for you to believe what you want to hear.

    Your trust is naive at best and if you are wrong this will be the biggest disaster ever to hit this country because it will affect every American. Costs are going to skyrocket and waste, fraud, and abuse will increase dramatically, they always do with govt. initiated social programs. Will the system work? Why do you believe it will?

  2. #402
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are so many exceptions to the plan and so many allowed to opt out of it that the original plans aren't certain to be what you think they are. I am still waiting for you to tell me any Federal Social program that cost what it was supposed to cost and offered better care than individuals can get on their own?

    Look, I totally understand you wanting this program to be a success but history says you are wrong. There are almo t 18000 pages of regulations right now, Max Baucus who helped write the bill is now talking about a train wreck, implementation is going to be a disaster which is something you cannot seem to grasp. I am over 65, had to give up my private healthcare program and go on Medicare and let me tell you I hate Medicare after going off my private healthcare program. I guess that isn't a problem for you since you aren't on Medicare therefore it is easy for you to believe what you want to hear.

    Your trust is naive at best and if you are wrong this will be the biggest disaster ever to hit this country because it will affect every American. Costs are going to skyrocket and waste, fraud, and abuse will increase dramatically, they always do with govt. initiated social programs. Will the system work? Why do you believe it will?
    Addressed the one I proposed. Focus.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #403
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Addressed the one I proposed. Focus.
    You proposed what you perceive as the program ignoring the 18000 regulations that have just been written and the reality that Medicare is broke and Medicare isn't the program you think it is as I can attest after being on a private program being forced on Medicare. You are very naive and have no idea what you are talking about. Conceptually is one thing, reality is another. You buy the concept and ignore reality.

  4. #404
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You proposed what you perceive as the program ignoring the 18000 regulations that have just been written and the reality that Medicare is broke and Medicare isn't the program you think it is as I can attest after being on a private program being forced on Medicare. You are very naive and have no idea what you are talking about. Conceptually is one thing, reality is another. You buy the concept and ignore reality.
    Of course. The question was how can we do UHC. Not what the current system was. FOCUS. I often think you use this as a dodge so you don't have to address the point made. If you're not going to discuss this seriously, let me know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #405
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LOL.


    No, all governments are not statist.
    Then it's clear you do not know what statist means.

    "thousands of middle men providing no real benefits". My ribs hurt from laughing so hard on that one. When the leftist get us to the single payer that most lied about wanting, "thousands" of government employees sitting around drawing nice big pay checks will be a gross under estimate.
    So you refuse to answer the question and instead go off an a tangent to avoid the topic. I see where this is going.

    Does anybody in their right mind think the government is going to solve a record sharing problem? No chance. They will make it worse. They always do.
    Is that why it's easy to pull up records across state and federal websites now? Because they make it worse? Seems you don't use the internet much these days.

    So you again refuse to answer the question and instead go off an a tangent to avoid the topic. I see where this is going.

    The government has a proven track record on controlling health care costs? LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL. LOL.........
    So you refuse to answer the question and instead go off an a tangent to avoid the topic. I see where this is going.

    If you read my other posts, you'd realize just how foolish you look.

    "backdoor death panels"? Not exactly sure what you mean. But we know Obamacare is upfront about their deathpanel. It make no bones about it.
    If you read my other posts, you'd realize just how foolish you look again. You have private insurance? You have a backdoor death panel. To argue otherwise is to argue that healthcare is a infinite resource.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #406
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Insurance gives you the immediate benefit of piece of mind. That's the primary point of insurance.
    No, that's your impression of it. There is no reason why insurance has to do that. Find me a law on the contract law statutes that say that insurance must be immediately available upon payment.

    You're going to fail.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #407
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course. The question was how can we do UHC. Not what the current system was. FOCUS. I often think you use this as a dodge so you don't have to address the point made. If you're not going to discuss this seriously, let me know.
    No, it is you that miss the point, the govt. is incapable of implementing a UHC program in 50 sovereign states and 312 million Americans. You are the one that needs to focus on reality not that liberal utopia that doesn't exist. You cannot address the failures of Medicare and yet you want to implement a Medicare type program nationwide. How long do you think private insurance companies are going to exist with Obamacare? you sure have a distorted view as to the role of the Federal Govt. and total lack of understanding as to costs and the complexity of implementing a universal anything but more importantly something as private as individual healthcare

  8. #408
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, it is you that miss the point, the govt. is incapable of implementing a UHC program in 50 sovereign states and 312 million Americans. You are the one that needs to focus on reality not that liberal utopia that doesn't exist. You cannot address the failures of Medicare and yet you want to implement a Medicare type program nationwide. How long do you think private insurance companies are going to exist with Obamacare? you sure have a distorted view as to the role of the Federal Govt. and total lack of understanding as to costs and the complexity of implementing a universal anything but more importantly something as private as individual healthcare
    They are more than capable if committed to do so.

    But you're dodging my question. Man up and answer it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #409
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They are more than capable if committed to do so.

    But you're dodging my question. Man up and answer it.
    where has there ever been an example of that where a social program cost what it was supposed to cost and did what it was supposed to do? You have no idea how Medicare works and the problems with it. Going down the road of Obama care is a disaster waiting to happen and history shows it will. Your problem is you cannot admit that you could be wrong and the consequences if you are

  10. #410
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    where has there ever been an example of that where a social program cost what it was supposed to cost and did what it was supposed to do? You have no idea how Medicare works and the problems with it. Going down the road of Obama care is a disaster waiting to happen and history shows it will. Your problem is you cannot admit that you could be wrong and the consequences if you are
    You're dancing. Man up and answer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •