Page 37 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #361
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,457

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Are you denying that the burdens you place upon society fall mostly on me and those like me? I understand the desire of you and yours to steal, to rape, to plunder your neighbors. You "centrists" are the new slaveholders and your desire to own slaves is very great. If I am coerced into working to meet your needs for one or two days out of every work week what am I if not your slave? I toil and you benefit. Is there a more fitting definition for involuntary servitude, for slavery?

    From each according to his abilities, to each according to his need, right?

  2. #362
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,457

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you realize that all this Spending is in the name of compassion which then justifies it to a liberal even though all that spending really does nothing but make people dependent and causes debt?

    Federal programs are ripe with waste, fraud, and abuse but because it is in the name of compassion that makes people feel good about the spending while ignoring the debt generated and dependence created.
    Spending on infrastructure creates jobs; spending on education leads to more people who can then compete in the ever changing world. Both help build a sound nation.

    Last I looked, we were in desperate need of an upgraded electrical grid and highways system, high speed trains which compare to those in Asia and Europe, and many more people educated in math and science. You don't think it behooves us as a nation to invest in those things and encourage more kids to learn math and science?

  3. #363
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure they do. And their main business is to collect much more money than they pay out. Not the best idea. But better than simply letting people not get the care. If you're so irresponsible as to not be adequately insured, you're part of the problem.

    And keep in mind, a universal insurer takes care of the problem you point at.
    I am adequately insured. there is no difference between a $5K deductible and a $0 deductible when you get sick if have more than $5K in the bank other than the premium you pay. There is no difference between a $5K max out of pocket and a $10K max out of pocket if you have more than $10K in the bank other than the premium you pay. HSA, however, allow you to take the money in your account to pay for things that most insurances will not pay so you end up having money to pay all your co-pays, buy certain OTC meds, pay for your eye and dentist appointments. It is the very best purchased insurance to have if you can afford to fund your HSA.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I am adequately insured. there is no difference between a $5K deductible and a $0 deductible when you get sick if have more than $5K in the bank other than the premium you pay. There is no difference between a $5K max out of pocket and a $10K max out of pocket if you have more than $10K in the bank other than the premium you pay. HSA, however, allow you to take the money in your account to pay for things that most insurances will not pay so you end up having money to pay all your co-pays, buy certain OTC meds, pay for your eye and dentist appointments. It is the very best purchased insurance to have if you can afford to fund your HSA.
    There is if you don't have 5k. There really is.

    And HSA has limits, so your side largely over sells it. It won't fix our problems.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    But buying votes using other people's money (via income redistribution programs) is so easy and efficient. The only requirement for it to work well is to have more gov't check getting voters than tax paying voters, thus the reason for making the federal income tax system ever more progressive while adding ever more low income based entitlements.
    Wonder whose money they are going to use when they run out of others' to spend? Rather frustrating to see the support for socialism when it has failed everywhere else in the world. There are never any recognized consequences for socialism failures, just spend more of someone else's money

  6. #366
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,003

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Spending on infrastructure creates jobs; spending on education leads to more people who can then compete in the ever changing world. Both help build a sound nation.

    Last I looked, we were in desperate need of an upgraded electrical grid and highways system, high speed trains which compare to those in Asia and Europe, and many more people educated in math and science. You don't think it behooves us as a nation to invest in those things and encourage more kids to learn math and science?
    I think that's not the purpose of society, to invest other peoples money.

  7. #367
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You shouldn't use poor sources, as they usually have poor content. I both noted how it was poor, and than rebutted the content.
    Tell me what sources you want me to post? How about Treasury Data showing how broke Medicare is? How about Kaiser data showing that it is impossible to create a single payer system and have enough doctors to provide service? how about European and Canadian data showing wait times for hospitals?

    What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of naivity and belief that the Federal Govt. can administer anything well? We have a 17 trillion dollar debt mostly due to social engineering and yet that apparently isn't enough for you.

    I find it quite frustrating that someone of your apparent intelligence is so naive and gullible to believe that in spite of past failures this time it will be different.

  8. #368
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tell me what sources you want me to post? How about Treasury Data showing how broke Medicare is? How about Kaiser data showing that it is impossible to create a single payer system and have enough doctors to provide service? how about European and Canadian data showing wait times for hospitals?

    What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of naivity and belief that the Federal Govt. can administer anything well? We have a 17 trillion dollar debt mostly due to social engineering and yet that apparently isn't enough for you.

    I find it quite frustrating that someone of your apparent intelligence is so naive and gullible to believe that in spite of past failures this time it will be different.
    Valid sources that aren't factually inaccurate. And it would. Help if you knew what it was actually telling you. You misread some information.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Anyone with a half brain knew ObamaKare was merely a step towards the Socialists of Amerika Partei's (SAPs) ultimate goal.

    It's a prime example of the party of Lies & Deceit. They pass the bill using parliamentary procedures, their Top Hag Frau Pelosi tells us we have to sign it and then read it... Scott Brown wins Dead Kennedy's seat in MA in an effort to stop the idiocy, and now, years later they reveal their real goal.

    The SAPs really do reflect their Rotten to the Core Royalty... The Felonious Clintons.
    Of course it is. We've always known that this was a torpedo meant to sink our entire healthcare system.

  10. #370
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    calamity;1062189144]Spending on infrastructure creates jobs; spending on education leads to more people who can then compete in the ever changing world. Both help build a sound nation.
    How many jobs did the ARRA create? Do you know what taxes fund infrastructure? You think the govt. is capable of administering a personal healthcare program for 312 million Americans?

    Last I looked, we were in desperate need of an upgraded electrical grid and highways system, high speed trains which compare to those in Asia and Europe, and many more people educated in math and science. You don't think it behooves us as a nation to invest in those things and encourage more kids to learn math and science?
    Then maybe you should stop rewarding bad behavior by finding out where the infrastructure money went for those projects? As stated, spending in the name of compassion is more important to you than actually getting compassionate results. Interesting how infrastructure money has been put on budget and spent so your answer is to throw more money at the problem. That really make sense to you?

    You have such a strong belief in the Federal govt. that has created a 17 trillion dollar debt. That makes no sense

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •