Page 34 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #331
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Baaa.
    Tats a sign of weakness my friend when you resort to that type of tactic. The fact, and it is a fact, I can do all those things.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #332
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No freedoms nor liberties have been lost that I know of. I do today what I did fifty years ago.
    Just as long as you do not want to buy high deductible insurance because it is the best deal for the money, in which case you are no longer allowed to unless you already have it. Of course it is more important to try to keep evil rich people from taking that $6,450 deduction than it is to punish rich people for not paying their medical bills so it is understandable that most liberals do not see that as a loss of freedom.

  3. #333
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    As well you should. It is not too late for you to come to the right side and to be on the right side of the history of liberty.
    lol I was mocking you, as it sounded ridiculously melodramatic.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #334
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Just as long as you do not want to buy high deductible insurance because it is the best deal for the money, in which case you are no longer allowed to unless you already have it. Of course it is more important to try to keep evil rich people from taking that $6,450 deduction than it is to punish rich people for not paying their medical bills so it is understandable that most liberals do not see that as a loss of freedom.
    For something you say I can't do, this is odd:

    High-Deductible Health Plans, Gamble For Some, On The Rise

    High-Deductible Health Plans, Gamble For Some, On The Rise : NPR

    And no one is punishing the rich. That's just more exaggerating.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    For something you say I can't do, this is odd:

    High-Deductible Health Plans, Gamble For Some, On The Rise

    High-Deductible Health Plans, Gamble For Some, On The Rise : NPR

    And no one is punishing the rich. That's just more exaggerating.
    Are you under 30? If not you better get you one before January

  6. #336
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Are you under 30? If not you better get you one before January
    Not sure why I'd want one. Cheaper, but largely ineffective if I need more.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not sure why I'd want one. Cheaper, but largely ineffective if I need more.
    Depends on how sickly you are. Great tax wise and gets you the preferential rate and allows you to stash away cash upon which you will be drawing interest--the same thing the insurance company does with your money.

  8. #338
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Would you feel better if we used the more accurate but less interesting word statist? It is also fascistic.
    All governments are statist. Don't want that? Go find some anarchy land and live there.

    Putting the government in charge of yet one more thing where they have no business being is simply wrong. And we are going to fix it.
    So you'd prefer a system that has thousands of middle men providing no real benefits but costing you more money every month?
    So you'd prefer a system that has serious medical record sharing problems that can and do lead to more deaths?
    So you'd prefer a system that has has no real controls over rising healthcare costs?
    So you'd prefer a system that has backdoor death panels that never see the light of day?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #339
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    All governments are statist. Don't want that? Go find some anarchy land and live there.
    Some have much heavier hands than others... like ours compared to 100-years ago. Yes it's a different world, but not one where we need Mommy Dearest to protect us from ourselves.

    So you'd prefer a system that has thousands of middle men providing no real benefits but costing you more money every month?
    If you open the market to competition, those middle men get squeezed out. Today it's easier than ever before.

    So you'd prefer a system that has serious medical record sharing problems that can and do lead to more deaths?
    You mean like our Federal Government? And yes... medical records have been such a quandary that we hear about deaths due to them every day in the news. It's been such a problem it's a constant issue on the campaign trail from LA to NY... not.

    So you'd prefer a system that has has no real controls over rising healthcare costs?
    No real controls over costs? You have to be joking. Since when has government controlled costs? And should they attempt to accomplish this, what does it mean? Ask the post office... it means cuts in services, not investing in the latest technology... just look at other socialist healthKare schemes.

    The market free of burdensome government intervention reduces costs. Cost controls by government never work. von Mises became a libertarian because of failed cost controls. He saw that they were the root problem... they cause problems, they don't solve them.

    So you'd prefer a system that has backdoor death panels that never see the light of day?
    Rather than the government death panel? The one Obama and Sebelius were so compassionate towards that 10-year old girl?

    We didn't need massive Socialist schemes to cover 10million uninsured. But, with your take on the IRS (wanting it expanded), and now this... I see you have great faith in the power of government.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #340
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please name for me any Federal social program that cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem, and never left the country in worse shape?
    Jeaopardy Theme... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Time's up!

    Answer. None.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •