Page 28 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #271
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Then its even worse off because your paying for medical insurance IN ADDITION to a possible future medical plan which you cant use for 65 years. Medicare is not insurance because you have no immediate benefit. Standard health insurance is because you see an immediate benefit.
    Insurance doesn't require immediate benefits. All insurance does is spread risk. You can easily have an insurance contract that starts coverage at a date well after the initial period. Nothing in contract law prevents this.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #272
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Nice try. Might work a junior high debates. Not here.

    I don't think much of Reid. He's another devious crook that's screwing the US. But I'll take him at his word for this just as I believed him when he was speaking for the Demokrat Party when he said "This war is lost."


    ObamaKare was always seen as the first step towards single payer... and Libs here tried to deny it. I bet I could go back and find most active Libs here doing it... including you.
    Seen? Speculation. If it pans out that way, great for the country, but I wouldn't count on it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #273
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Seen? Speculation. If it pans out that way, great for the country, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Please name for me any Federal social program that cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem, and never left the country in worse shape?

  4. #274
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please name for me any Federal social program that cost what it was supposed to cost, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem, and never left the country in worse shape?
    I've done this for you already, showing that often they more than they are suppose to do.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #275
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've done this for you already, showing that often they more than they are suppose to do.
    I cannot believe how naive you are for someone your age. The answer is no Govt. social program ever cost what it was supposed to do, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem, and left this country in better shape.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I cannot believe how naive you are for someone your age. The answer is no Govt. social program ever cost what it was supposed to do, did what it was supposed to do, solved a problem, and left this country in better shape.
    As I've shown you before, they've done more than they are suppose to do. Until new media harmed the post office, it did an amazing job. Medicare takes on the most ill and needy, and the result is elderly Americans far better today than in the past. You are mindlessly repeating a sound bite political ad and not serious.y looking at the issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #277
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As I've shown you before, they've done more than they are suppose to do. Until new media harmed the post office, it did an amazing job. Medicare takes on the most ill and needy, and the result is elderly Americans far better today than in the past. You are mindlessly repeating a sound bite political ad and not serious.y looking at the issue.
    The post office isn't a social program. Medicare is and is bankrupt thus costing more than intended and forcing people into this govt. entitlement program. I cannot believe how naive you really are.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The post office isn't a social program. Medicare is and is bankrupt thus costing more than intended and forcing people into this govt. entitlement program. I cannot believe how naive you really are.
    It's a government run program. Medicare is doing far more than asked, and still the results are clear, senior citizens are better off today.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Perhaps you need to take trfjr's view and leave. YOU are in the minority.
    I can afford to be in the minority. I am on the right side of history.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    ...and that historically we have valued corporate freedom to gouge a profit more than we have valued the health of our fellow human beings.
    No doubt you have sold all that you own and have distributed the proceeds to the poor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •