Page 20 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #191
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Our federal government intrudes in far more places than are constitutional. We are going to reverse that now. Enjoy it while you can.
    Nt sure the first is true, but I wouldn't count too many chickens until their hatched. Your side has been wrong about a lot lately. Might be better to let it play out.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    That is the Marxist in you talking.

    In reality you despise the rest of us. I appreciate your effort to hide it.
    I doubt that you even know what a Marxist really is.
    You throw it around like a dirty word.
    I do not despise people ... I despise what some people do and covet.
    I reiterate;
    Profit is a beautiful thing within the symbiotic relationship of a truly fair market.
    Does that sound like something a "Marxist" would say?
    You assume much and know very little.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,870

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nt sure the first is true, but I wouldn't count too many chickens until their hatched. Your side has been wrong about a lot lately. Might be better to let it play out.
    I agree not that it is not good to count chickens, but I disagree that his side has been wrong. Unsuccessful, yes...wrong, no.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    You believe you have found a key to your future success. You, and yours, have victimized the rest of us for far too long. The tide has turned. We are on to you and we are ready to fight you until you lose and we win.

    We will return to Constitutional government. I am all in. Are you?
    The constitution will support the rights and welfare of all Americans not your narrow interpretation of elite rights and corporate welfare.
    Your cries of victimization are quite comical.

  5. #195
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    The constitution will support the rights and welfare of all Americans not your narrow interpretation of elite rights and welfare.
    Your cries of victimization are comical.
    The Constitution is intended to protect citizens from the Federal government's removal of basic rights, as a citizen, not to provide for support...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I agree not that it is not good to count chickens, but I disagree that his side has been wrong. Unsuccessful, yes...wrong, no.
    I realize that is the belief. But I believe that is because many believe the founding fathers would not have adapted to changing times, or come to see their words in a different light. It's that need to see things fixed, which few things can ever be, that leads to confusion. I believe there's a clear history, a positive history mostly, that has led us to where we are.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #197
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,088

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    The Constitution is intended to protect citizens from the Federal government's removal of basic rights, as a citizen, not to provide for support...
    The intention of the Constitution is clearly written out in its preamble. It's what a preamble does. It explains the intentions of the following script. It's primarily the part of the Constitution that seems to always get ignored by those who scream about loving the constitution so much ironically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #198
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The intention of the Constitution is clearly written out in its preamble. It's what a preamble does. It explains the intentions of the following script. It's primarily the part of the Constitution that seems to always get ignored by those who scream about loving the constitution so much ironically.
    Was there a point to your post?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    The Constitution is intended to protect citizens from the Federal government's removal of basic rights, as a citizen, not to provide for support...
    You don't read very well do you?
    The constitution will support the rights and welfare of all Americans
    Wanna try again?

  10. #200
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    You don't read very well do you?
    The constitution will support the rights and welfare of all Americans
    Wanna try again?
    Where are your words in bold, obnoxious font in the Constitution?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •