Page 156 of 159 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1551
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, wonder if you saw anything in that article that wasn't commentary like actual data?
    Not much. As I said, it was most vague words and subjective claims.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1552
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    If that were true why did the Obama regime feel the need to suppress conservative groups beginning in 2010?

    Isn't that why the IRS is in business, to harass and hound conservative groups who might make a difference?
    Oh please. More hyperbole? At worse that was minor league harassment of people who weren't for Romney any way.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1553
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not much. As I said, it was most vague words and subjective claims.
    Guess nothing ever is going to change the mind of an ideologue. Too bad when you do realize how bad things are it will be too late.

  4. #1554
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess nothing ever is going to change the mind of an ideologue. Too bad when you do realize how bad things are it will be too late.
    I think that applies to you. You're projecting again.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1555
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think that applies to you. You're projecting again.
    if I am wrong then we are no worse off than we are now, if you are wrong, you have destroyed the healthcare system. I cannot believe how actual facts are foreign to you. You have yet to explain to me why we need UHC and why you have been unable to sell your program to your state?

  6. #1556
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    if I am wrong then we are no worse off than we are now, if you are wrong, you have destroyed the healthcare system. I cannot believe how actual facts are foreign to you. You have yet to explain to me why we need UHC and why you have been unable to sell your program to your state?
    Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

    I have explained it to you. It's cheaper, it has better access, and it can be removed from employment, thus putting more of your money in your pocket.

    The second question is just asinine.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1557
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    QUOTE Conservative

    Guess nothing ever is going to change the mind of an ideologue.
    SOB!you just broke my irony meter...yet again.

    Too bad when you do realize how bad things are it will be too late.
    Got your crystal ball outta hock i see.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #1558
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

    I have explained it to you. It's cheaper, it has better access, and it can be removed from employment, thus putting more of your money in your pocket.

    The second question is just asinine.
    You live in a dream world that doesn't exist. Your theory seems to fail in the real world. Always will but then again that is liberalism. You drive private insurance out of business how long will it take to get those businesses back? There are never any contingency from liberals for failure.

  9. #1559
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    SOB!you just broke my irony meter...yet again.



    Got your crystal ball outta hock i see.
    Want to bet that I have voted for more Democrats than you have voted for Republicans? The irony is I grew up a Democrat but outgrew it. Some people however never grow up and need liberalism for a lifetime.

  10. #1560
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You live in a dream world that doesn't exist. Your theory seems to fail in the real world. Always will but then again that is liberalism. You drive private insurance out of business how long will it take to get those businesses back? There are never any contingency from liberals for failure.
    I'm sorry, but I've backed my assertions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •