Page 152 of 159 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1511
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, you don't like Obama. I get that. Do a better job of picking a candidate. But that has little to do with the issue before us. so, again, why would you want a doctor who won't see you? And if you're as well off as you say, just pay him.

    No, you don't get it, I don't like Obama's policies nor the way Romney was destroyed by the Press and demonized by liberals with an agenda. Nice try at diversion, I am waiting for you to explain why my doctor of 21 years isn't worth having? My doctor is in business to take care of me and funding his family. He was doing both for 21 years and now Obama lies are forcing him out Keep buying the Obama lies.

  2. #1512
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    they are. Hands down.

    These 21 graphs (one of them you'll see above) from the International Federation of Health Plans, via Ezra Klein, start to paint the picture. The average routine office visit in the U.S. is three-times more expensive than in Canada. The average CT scan is five-times more expensive than in Canada. And as a share of GDP, our health care costs are an ignominious colossus towering over the rest of the world:

    Why Is American Health Care So Ridiculously Expensive? - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic

    Many of the countries that spend the most per capita on health care have highly privatized systems. In the U.S. and Switzerland, which spend the most and third-most on health care, respectively, the government pays less than 65% of the total health care costs. In most of the countries in the developed world, public expenditure accounts for at least 70% of total costs.

    10 Countries Spending The Most On Health Care: 24/7 Wall St.

    WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Feb. 3 (UPI) -- A U.S. health economist says Americans think their healthcare system is the most advanced in the world, but it is merely the most expensive.

    Michael Lawlor, a professor of economics and health policy Wake Forest University said the cost of U.S. healthcare services is extremely high and average American consumers, even if covered, do not get a greater quantity of healthcare services or even more convenience for the high cost they pay compared to the average developed country. They simply pay more for each unit of that quantity, Lawlor said.

    Read more: Expert: U.S. healthcare the most expensive in the world, not best - UPI.com


    Just the first three links of a search. There's no excuse for you not knowing better.
    Those graphs are wrong.

  3. #1513
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When a business has waste, fraud, and abuse they go out of business as you will find out when you form your JV. when the govt. has waste, fraud, and abuse they print or borrow more money and people like you support more taxpayer spending. Just think of the windfall the bureaucrats will get with Obamacare funding. Anyone think that will be efficiently used?

    Non one says it cannot be done only that it won't be done because a 3.77 trillion dollar govt. is far from efficient
    No, they don't. We bail the big ones out. They cause lots of harm, and sometimes make lots of money while doing it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1514
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, you don't get it, I don't like Obama's policies nor the way Romney was destroyed by the Press and demonized by liberals with an agenda. Nice try at diversion, I am waiting for you to explain why my doctor of 21 years isn't worth having? My doctor is in business to take care of me and funding his family. He was doing both for 21 years and now Obama lies are forcing him out Keep buying the Obama lies.
    Romney destroyed himself. Quit blaming others.

    He isn't worth because he doesn't care enough to keep you. No loyalty at all. And he could keep you and take care of his family. It's a false choice you're laying out.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1515
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, they don't. We bail the big ones out. They cause lots of harm, and sometimes make lots of money while doing it.

    Yes, and you would reward the bureaucrats in D.C. by giving them access to more money to do more of the same.

  6. #1516
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Romney destroyed himself. Quit blaming others.

    He isn't worth because he doesn't care enough to keep you. No loyalty at all. And he could keep you and take care of his family. It's a false choice you're laying out.
    Obama got 2 million fewer votes than he got in 2008 and won the election because conservatives stayed home and he was elected by poor voter turnout. The American people dependent on liberalism voted in numbers and minorities voted for him because he was black. You supported him because you bought the rhetoric.

    As for my doctor, he didn't go into business to take care of me, he became a doctor to take care of his family. I dropped traditional Medicare and will keep him as my doctor. You are very naive, gullible, and misinformed. If you care so much about everyone else what are you doing to personally help those in need. Want to compare contributions to charity? Yours is the typical leftwing false narrative where spending in the name of compassion is all that matters, not compassionate results.

  7. #1517
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Those graphs are wrong.
    Because you say so? Forgive me if I won't take you're word for it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1518
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama got 2 million fewer votes than he got in 2008 and won the election because conservatives stayed home and he was elected by poor voter turnout. The American people dependent on liberalism voted in numbers and minorities voted for him because he was black. You supported him because you bought the rhetoric.

    As for my doctor, he didn't go into business to take care of me, he became a doctor to take care of his family. I dropped traditional Medicare and will keep him as my doctor. You are very naive, gullible, and misinformed. If you care so much about everyone else what are you doing to personally help those in need. Want to compare contributions to charity? Yours is the typical leftwing false narrative where spending in the name of compassion is all that matters, not compassionate results.
    why is it that every time someone disagrees with you, they are ' naive, gullible, and misinformed'? ever consider that maybe it is you who are all 3? and pray tell, what does what boo gives to charity have to do with this discussion? are you going to pony up personal records documenting how much you give? stick to the topic at hand.

  9. #1519
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, and you would reward the bureaucrats in D.C. by giving them access to more money to do more of the same.
    As you reward others for more of the same as well.

    But for me, no. I reward the actual fact that seniors are better off.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1520
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama got 2 million fewer votes than he got in 2008 and won the election because conservatives stayed home and he was elected by poor voter turnout. The American people dependent on liberalism voted in numbers and minorities voted for him because he was black. You supported him because you bought the rhetoric.

    As for my doctor, he didn't go into business to take care of me, he became a doctor to take care of his family. I dropped traditional Medicare and will keep him as my doctor. You are very naive, gullible, and misinformed. If you care so much about everyone else what are you doing to personally help those in need. Want to compare contributions to charity? Yours is the typical leftwing false narrative where spending in the name of compassion is all that matters, not compassionate results.
    your boy lost because he sucked arse as a candidate, he was seriously out of touch with the electorate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •