Page 150 of 159 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1491
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know other countries of the world calculate healthcare costs the same as we do and have the same categories. Until the Federal Govt. gets the waste, fraud, and abuse out of Federal Spending why would anyone support another entitlement program? Could it be because it makes you feel better knowing that everyone has access? With access comes problems, just ask MA and yet you say we will adapt to that. When has the U.S. Govt. ever adapted to higher costs?

    Why does U.S. health care cost so much? - Regence
    Cost is cost. You're trying to merely excuse our excessive spending. But the fact remains, medicine is not government controlled.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1492
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Cost is cost. You're trying to merely excuse our excessive spending. But the fact remains, medicine is not government controlled.
    no, costs are not costs per se, costs have elements and of course you know that. Not sure still what your game is but you never answer a direct question but simply give a number of one line responses that never address the questions. How do you know that foreign countries have the same elements of costs as we have and allocate the costs the same way? Notice the impact on govt. regulations on costs, FDA approvals, R&D. You seem to lack a basic understanding of the elements of costs and how those elements are affected by human behavior.

  3. #1493
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    no, costs are not costs per se, costs have elements and of course you know that. Not sure still what your game is but you never answer a direct question but simply give a number of one line responses that never address the questions. How do you know that foreign countries have the same elements of costs as we have and allocate the costs the same way? Notice the impact on govt. regulations on costs, FDA approvals, R&D. You seem to lack a basic understanding of the elements of costs and how those elements are affected by human behavior.
    I do answer direct questions. I give a complete answer. You guys try to be tricky and often ask asinine questions. And sure, nothing is without problems. But that doesn't mean we don't do things needed just because it may be difficult.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1494
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do answer direct questions. I give a complete answer. You guys try to be tricky and often ask asinine questions. And sure, nothing is without problems. But that doesn't mean we don't do things needed just because it may be difficult.
    You are a legend in your own mind. You don't answer questions, you divert. You want badly to believe that the one size fits all govt. program is the answer yet cannot point to a successful Medicare or SS administration unless rising costs, waste, fraud, and abuse are your definition of success. Rather than solve the problems yours is one of adding more fuel to the fire. Rather than thinking things through and coming up with a better solution you are like all liberal sheep buying the liberal rhetoric while ignoring the liberal results. For you it is all about access, not quality, not service. you believe by adding millions more you improve quality and provide better service. That is illogical and destroyed by actual results but results don't matter to you or any other liberal since it is all about feeling better and your own personal gain.

  5. #1495
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are a legend in your own mind. You don't answer questions, you divert. You want badly to believe that the one size fits all govt. program is the answer yet cannot point to a successful Medicare or SS administration unless rising costs, waste, fraud, and abuse are your definition of success. Rather than solve the problems yours is one of adding more fuel to the fire. Rather than thinking things through and coming up with a better solution you are like all liberal sheep buying the liberal rhetoric while ignoring the liberal results. For you it is all about access, not quality, not service. you believe by adding millions more you improve quality and provide better service. That is illogical and destroyed by actual results but results don't matter to you or any other liberal since it is all about feeling better and your own personal gain.
    Please. No one on this board diverts more than you do. So quit whining. Address what has been said. Stop diverting to crying abut me.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1496
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Please. No one on this board diverts more than you do. So quit whining. Address what has been said. Stop diverting to crying abut me.
    Obama has proven to be a liar and you continue to buy the lies.

    President Obama says If you like your Doctor You can Keep Your Doctor - YouTube

    Hospitals are dropping Medicare, doctors are dropping out of the business, and private insurance companies cannot compete with a govt. entity therefore you will not be able to keep your plan or your doctor as Obama promised. That is ok to a liberal because results don't matter nor do the Obama lies.

  7. #1497
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Get real. If health care was controlled, we wouldn't be the most expensive in the world. You guys are masters of hyperbole.
    Its because of all the control that we have the most expensive healthcare. :

  8. #1498
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama has proven to be a liar and you continue to buy the lies.

    President Obama says If you like your Doctor You can Keep Your Doctor - YouTube

    Hospitals are dropping Medicare, doctors are dropping out of the business, and private insurance companies cannot compete with a govt. entity therefore you will not be able to keep your plan or your doctor as Obama promised. That is ok to a liberal because results don't matter nor do the Obama lies.
    I don't care if you think Obama is a liar.

    And I told you we will adapt to doctors, and showed you through links that we're already using other health professionals (which lowers costs BTW), and that you're overstating the problem. I also showed you how UHC fixes all those problems. So, repeating your mantra won't change this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1499
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Its because of all the control that we have the most expensive healthcare.
    So why are nearly ALL the UHC systems cheaper?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1500
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So why are nearly ALL the UHC systems cheaper?
    They arent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •