Page 142 of 159 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1411
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Who do think kept them employed through this last recession?
    Yes, the Marxist in the White Housed lied about shovel ready jobs. His goal was to keep union members on the public payroll. He laundered taxpayer and borrowed dollars through the unions to fund democratic members' re-election bids.

    He deserves a long prison sentence for his crimes against the productive portions of humanity.

  2. #1412
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    And General Powell and Republican Congressman Sensenbrenner on Voting Rights??
    Powell is black first and foremost. He is an American second. And a status que republican loser (SQRL) third. I have despised him for a very long time. My assessment of him has been right all along.

  3. #1413
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    complete racist unAmerican lunacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Powell is black first and foremost. He is an American second. And a status que republican loser (SQRL) third. I have despised him for a very long time. My assessment of him has been right all along.

  4. #1414
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Yes, the Marxist in the White Housed lied about shovel ready jobs. His goal was to keep union members on the public payroll. He laundered taxpayer and borrowed dollars through the unions to fund democratic members' re-election bids.

    He deserves a long prison sentence for his crimes against the productive portions of humanity.
    Yes, I got the message. Those terrible teachers, police officers, and fire fighters. Those greedy bastards. Don't they know how hard it is for the wealthy? Them and their class warfare. They're not you, as you know those greedy working folks are just sick parasites.

    Yep.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, I got the message. Those terrible teachers, police officers, and fire fighters. Those greedy bastards. Don't they know how hard it is for the wealthy? Them and their class warfare. They're not you, as you know those greedy working folks are just sick parasites.

    Yep.
    You think teachers, police and firefighters are the only ones on the public payroll?

    That may explain your cavalier attitude towards a burgeoning bureaucracy.

  6. #1416
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You think teachers, police and firefighters are the only ones on the public payroll?

    That may explain your cavalier attitude towards a burgeoning bureaucracy.
    Those are the ones we were talking about. And we can play clips of Fox naming them. Yep.

    You can work to reduce bureaucracy without demonizing working people or the poor. You can also take a realistic look at our situations and not the fantasy one most republicans throw around. If we stop the exaggerations, we might find some common ground.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1417
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,133

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    A few years back, a couple from Calgary got involved with fertility treatments to start a family. The wife came down with a case of quadruplets, and that posed a problem because multiples are frequently premature and preemies need incubators. Calgary (pop. 1,000,000) doesn't have four incubators, so the couple had to come down to Great Falls, Montana (pop. 50,000) for the births. True, the Canadian government paid for the services - just as they keep the hospitals in Detroit and Buffalo in business - but the incident does underscore the inability of the Canadian health system to provide in-country services.
    I post third party references, you come back with personal anecdotes and recollections. YOU can do better if you want to make your point. Start with a reference to this Calgary couple that could not find sufficient incubators in Calgary.... They show me articles written by Canadians that show they covet the American system... then you have a point.

  8. #1418
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Those are the ones we were talking about. And we can play clips of Fox naming them. Yep.

    You can work to reduce bureaucracy without demonizing working people or the poor. You can also take a realistic look at our situations and not the fantasy one most republicans throw around. If we stop the exaggerations, we might find some common ground.
    So you think that Teachers, Police, and Firefighters are "the Working poor?"
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1419
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No fallacy. The fire bled over to many. That's why it is communal and not just individual. the same is true true for crime and health. these things often effect whole communities.
    The fire didnt bleed over because I put it out. But you have yet to explain how my health is your problem. Youre just repeating the same thing, that it is.

  10. #1420
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    The fire didnt bleed over because I put it out. But you have yet to explain how my health is your problem. Youre just repeating the same thing, that it is.
    Joe, and to be fair progressives never really do that...They rely on catchy bumper sticker catch phrases, and then don't even know why they say them. Only that they sound snarky, and mocking, then they can turn to each other, give a fist bump, and chuckle like 5th graders in the playground.

    See, Joe doesn't need actual facts to back up his statements, he believes that just because he typed it, it becomes fact. A perfect example of why arrogance, and hubris are ultimate losers in debate.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •