Page 129 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1281
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Ironic ad hominem is ironic.
    We see which one you choose. Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you are seeing here is typical liberalism where liberals cannot sell their ideas to the people of their state and thus want the Federal Govt. to force a national program to do it for them. The one size fits all program liberals love to promote ignores history as well as personal responsibilities. Liberals love to social engineer and throw more money at the problem as long as it is someone else's. Healthcare is indeed a problem but it is a local problem due to local costs and local social issues and to have the Federal Govt. implement a program on a national scale would be a disaster.
    Exactly, but its a lost cause. Emotional appeals about taking money from the rich and giving it to the poor will always buy more votes than telling someone no. And the Republican are only slight less bad. They simply appeal to the people who care more about winning, even if they their brand of socialism is only slight less evil. We're all really just stalling.

  3. #1283
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We see which one you choose. Sadly.
    Only for you.

  4. #1284
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The problem currently is not ACCESS because everyone has access to healthcare either through ER or using Medicaid or other State program. You keep claiming that cost is a problem but since you don't pay healthcare costs in the State of TX why are you concerned? What is it about ACA that benefits you and your family? You cannot seem to address the problem in your own state and now want a Federal entitlement program to do it for you. As has been pointed out ignored single payer programs at the national level have only given the bureaucrats more money to spend and waste creating greater debt and entitlements.

    You want a UHC, then do it in your state, not force a Federal Program on others or at least put it on the ballot and let the people not the politicians decide
    The ER is mos expensive and hardly real access. You may want to investigate that a little more. I cna link these things again if you want.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1285
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The ER is mos expensive and hardly real access. You may want to investigate that a little more. I cna link these things again if you want.
    The ER's are what you are going to get when you add 14-30 million people to insurance and cannot offer them services through doctors. That is what is happening in MA and nothing in Obamacare prevents that from happening in a National program. You seem to want to ignore the issue that healthcare is a personal responsibility best handled at the state and local levels. Healthcare costs for the uninsured are handled mostly by the taxpayers of the state which should be incentive if it were a real problem for the people of the states to implement what you want so why don't you get a UHC in your own state and stop looking for the Federal Taxpayer to fund your healthcare?

  6. #1286
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Sorry, I'm not in fear of little brown men crossing the Rio Grande to come take my job. The militarization of our Southern Border is proof that the Right has run amok. Racist pigs.

    Funny, no one talks of building a fence along the line with Canada.
    Wow, I didn't realize that Canadians were sneaking across the border. Thanks for pointing it out.

  7. #1287
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The ER's are what you are going to get when you add 14-30 million people to insurance and cannot offer them services through doctors. That is what is happening in MA and nothing in Obamacare prevents that from happening in a National program. You seem to want to ignore the issue that healthcare is a personal responsibility best handled at the state and local levels. Healthcare costs for the uninsured are handled mostly by the taxpayers of the state which should be incentive if it were a real problem for the people of the states to implement what you want so why don't you get a UHC in your own state and stop looking for the Federal Taxpayer to fund your healthcare?
    Nonsense. And I've shown you that already we've started lining up ways to do this. Have some faith in the profession to adjust.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1288
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nonsense. And I've shown you that already we've started lining up ways to do this. Have some faith in the profession to adjust.
    No, you are delusional and have no idea what you showed to whom for all you have done is in your own mind using theory. Theory isn't worth the paper it is written on when it comes to govt. programs.

    There are no ways to improve patient service without the proper incentive to create more doctors. You really don't understand the free market system at all probably because you cannot compete. Noticed that you continue to ignore the suggestion that you sell UHC to your own state which obviously you cannot do therefore want the Federal Govt. to mandate it, that seems to be the liberal way.

  9. #1289
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, you are delusional and have no idea what you showed to whom for all you have done is in your own mind using theory. Theory isn't worth the paper it is written on when it comes to govt. programs.

    There are no ways to improve patient service without the proper incentive to create more doctors. You really don't understand the free market system at all probably because you cannot compete. Noticed that you continue to ignore the suggestion that you sell UHC to your own state which obviously you cannot do therefore want the Federal Govt. to mandate it, that seems to be the liberal way.
    No, on another thread we had this discussion before. Other health professionals are picking up the slack. There is more than one way to do this. You're panicking needlessly.

    You also don't realize that incentive has not changed. You are simply wrong factually.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1290
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, on another thread we had this discussion before. Other health professionals are picking up the slack. There is more than one way to do this. You're panicking needlessly.

    You also don't realize that incentive has not changed. You are simply wrong factually.
    No panic at all, I have seen the disaster Medicare is and had the option of opting out which I did. You have nothing to compare your opinion to therefore you rely simply on theory and ignore reality. Still waiting for why you cannot sell your own state on the program rather than require a Federal Program. Why is it my responsibility to pay for your healthcare? I am paying for others in TX so why your state?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •