Page 127 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1261
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    And what would happen to your IRA,s if the "economy collapses"?Would we bail out the failed IRA,s like we did the banks?
    Bail our IRA's out with WHAT?

  2. #1262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you people ever admit you are wrong, your SS contribution has been spent, replaced with an IOU. Those IOU's are coming due and we are trillions in debt now so where does the money come from? The United States doesn't have the cash to fund those IOU's so they borrow the money or print the money, both hurt the value of the dollar. I hope you are smarter than you appear. Please tell me this is an act?
    You act as if the issuer of these treasury securities doesnt have a revenue stream

  3. #1263
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You act as if the issuer of these treasury securities doesnt have a revenue stream
    Of course it has a revenue stream as do all Ponzi Schemes, tell me how much those 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers are paying into that revenue stream? I understand that you believe money grows on trees but that revenue stream isn't enough to prevent us from borrowing or printing money.

  4. #1264
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Those IOU's are coming due and we are trillions in debt now so where does the money come from?
    I guess were going to have to find a way to FUND THE MONEY WE BORROWED EH?Perchance like raising the cap just a tad?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #1265
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course it has a revenue stream as do all Ponzi Schemes, tell me how much those 22 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers are paying into that revenue stream? I understand that you believe money grows on trees but that revenue stream isn't enough to prevent us from borrowing or printing money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For a while? Two years? Yes I won't hire someone who has been out of work for 2 years, no initiative, no drive, and someone who has lived off the taxpayers for too long
    ............

  6. #1266
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And Medicare takes funds from you and me, is spent on things other than Medicare, yet dictates prices to individuals who don't have the ability to print money. It is trillions in unfunded liability and that liability has to be funded either by borrowing or printing money either way affects the value of your dollar and inflation. You are unbelievably naive.
    Yep, but those are other budget issues, not Medicare. So instead of whining about Medicare, which made life much better for seniors, whine about those other budget issues.

    Again, what happens if you do away with Medicare?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1267
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yep, but those are other budget issues, not Medicare. So instead of whining about Medicare, which made life much better for seniors, whine about those other budget issues.

    Again, what happens if you do away with Medicare?

    Medicare and SS were put on budget by LBJ in the 60's and there is where it remains. It is part of intergovt. holdings. Please learn what makes up the debt and get back to us so you stop making a fool of yourself

  8. #1268
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Medicare and SS were put on budget by LBJ in the 60's and there is where it remains. It is part of intergovt. holdings. Please learn what makes up the debt and get back to us so you stop making a fool of yourself
    Actually, you're the one making a fool of yourself. Nothing I said disputes that at all. You are seriously confused.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1269
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, you're the one making a fool of yourself. Nothing I said disputes that at all. You are seriously confused.
    Well, then we have nothing more to talk about as you will always let your feelings get in the way of facts.

  10. #1270
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Well, then we have nothing more to talk about as you will always let your feelings get in the way of facts.


    Ok, it was just a diversion on you part. I should have known.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •