Page 125 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is another distraction on your part. The budget includes more than health care.
    Yes, no question about it, how could I be so stupid as to believe trillions in unfunded liabilities is nothing more than a distraction and that we should create another entitlement program to add to those numbers?

    The Budget does include more than healthcare but unfortunately the unfunded liabilities aren't reflected in the budget, a budget that does have deficits adding up to the 17 trillion dollar debt.

  2. #1242
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, no question about it, how could I be so stupid as to believe trillions in unfunded liabilities is nothing more than a distraction and that we should create another entitlement program to add to those numbers?

    The Budget does include more than healthcare but unfortunately the unfunded liabilities aren't reflected in the budget, a budget that does have deficits adding up to the 17 trillion dollar debt.
    Again, for more than healthcare. Keep that in mind. So, we could do away with Medicare, but that would de devastating to seniors. You may complain about what Medicare doesn't pay, or that SOME doctors are dropping them, but what do you really think happens if even that is gone?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1243
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, for more than healthcare. Keep that in mind. So, we could do away with Medicare, but that would de devastating to seniors. You may complain about what Medicare doesn't pay, or that SOME doctors are dropping them, but what do you really think happens if even that is gone?
    Now you may be in your own naive way be starting to get it. You get people dependent on a program you cannot take it away and that is what happens with Obamacare, drive out all private insurance companies, force businesses into a single payer system, give the politicians more money and you have permanent power and a dependent class. That is all because of people like you who think only with their heart and buy theory as reality.

    Keep ignoring history, Boo. Wonder what it is about liberalism that creates people like you who believe in theory and rhetoric while ignoring results.

  4. #1244
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now you may be in your own naive way be starting to get it. You get people dependent on a program you cannot take it away and that is what happens with Obamacare, drive out all private insurance companies, force businesses into a single payer system, give the politicians more money and you have permanent power and a dependent class. That is all because of people like you who think only with their heart and buy theory as reality.

    Keep ignoring history, Boo. Wonder what it is about liberalism that creates people like you who believe in theory and rhetoric while ignoring results.
    The best thing for us would be a single payer system. It's cheaper, more efficient, removes healthcare from employment and leaves more money in your pocket.

    I wonder if j will ask you why you didn't answer my question?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now you may be in your own naive way be starting to get it. You get people dependent on a program you cannot take it away and that is what happens with Obamacare, drive out all private insurance companies, force businesses into a single payer system, give the politicians more money and you have permanent power and a dependent class. That is all because of people like you who think only with their heart and buy theory as reality.

    Keep ignoring history, Boo. Wonder what it is about liberalism that creates people like you who believe in theory and rhetoric while ignoring results.

    Uhmm what history is boo ignoring?

  6. #1246
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The best thing for us would be a single payer system. It's cheaper, more efficient, removes healthcare from employment and leaves more money in your pocket.

    I wonder if j will ask you why you didn't answer my question?
    In theory, yes, in reality, Medicare and SS are examples of how it actually works. You simply don't get it and never will because you cannot admit you are wrong. You think with your heart and not your brain. All liberal programs sound good in theory but are run by humans with agendas. Until you correct the problem giving the govt. more money to spend isn't the answer.

  7. #1247
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    In theory, yes, in reality, Medicare and SS are examples of how it actually works. You simply don't get it and never will because you cannot admit you are wrong. You think with your heart and not your brain. All liberal programs sound good in theory but are run by humans with agendas. Until you correct the problem giving the govt. more money to spend isn't the answer.
    Yes, they do more than asked, and quite well. Both have been solid successes.

    non-partisan data from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) demonstrate definitively that private insurance is increasingly less efficient than Medicare. The data show that Congress should examine and address the role that private insurance is playing in driving up overall health care costs.

    Medicare Is More Efficient Than Private Insurance – Health Affairs Blog

    And if you remember, I linked sources properly laying out that government isn't a business, and should not be seen that way. I even used the conservative Fobes as one source. Now pretend you haven't been answered.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, they do more than asked, and quite well. Both have been solid successes.

    non-partisan data from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) demonstrate definitively that private insurance is increasingly less efficient than Medicare. The data show that Congress should examine and address the role that private insurance is playing in driving up overall health care costs.

    Medicare Is More Efficient Than Private Insurance – Health Affairs Blog

    And if you remember, I linked sources properly laying out that government isn't a business, and should not be seen that way. I even used the conservative Fobes as one source. Now pretend you haven't been answered.

    aw, yes, another opinion piece that ignores the reality that it is trillions in unfunded liabilities and has to be paid for by the taxpayers. Private insurance is paid for by the individual and thus individual choice. Govt. isn't a business but govt has no business creating this kind of debt that cannot be paid. Keep ignoring reality. If private business is inefficient it isn't funded by the taxpayers. Yours is one of theory where debt doesn't matter but debt does matter and I suggest you figure out how? Wonder how much private insurance 17 trillion in debt would have bought but just think how much those trillions in unfunded liabilities have bought in terms of power and influence?

  9. #1249
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    aw, yes, another opinion piece that ignores the reality that it is trillions in unfunded liabilities and has to be paid for by the taxpayers. Private insurance is paid for by the individual and thus individual choice. Govt. isn't a business but govt has no business creating this kind of debt that cannot be paid. Keep ignoring reality. If private business is inefficient it isn't funded by the taxpayers. Yours is one of theory where debt doesn't matter but debt does matter and I suggest you figure out how? Wonder how much private insurance 17 trillion in debt would have bought but just think how much those trillions in unfunded liabilities have bought in terms of power and influence?
    It's well reasoned. That's the point. Private insurance doesn't do the same job, lacks the mandate, but spends its money far less efficiently. You can address that. You can answer the question you dodged concerning if Medicare went away, or you can keep jumping around. The choice is yours.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1250
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's well reasoned. That's the point. Private insurance doesn't do the same job, lacks the mandate, but spends its money far less efficiently. You can address that. You can answer the question you dodged concerning if Medicare went away, or you can keep jumping around. The choice is yours.
    And Medicare takes funds from you and me, is spent on things other than Medicare, yet dictates prices to individuals who don't have the ability to print money. It is trillions in unfunded liability and that liability has to be funded either by borrowing or printing money either way affects the value of your dollar and inflation. You are unbelievably naive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •