Page 123 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1221
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pot to kettle.
    You simply don't like being confused with facts, logic, and common sense.

  2. #1222
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, I am sorry, you have no idea what you have posted and nothing you have posted shows the U.S. Federal Govt. being efficient in any social program or social spending and that is what Obamacare would be.
    If you ignore it, you can't see. You're really bound to an ideology and not one who is reasonable and open enough to see beyond your prejudices.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1223
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You simply don't like being confused with facts, logic, and common sense.
    Rinse and repeat, pot to kettle!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1224
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you ignore it, you can't see. You're really bound to an ideology and not one who is reasonable and open enough to see beyond your prejudices.
    No, sorry, cannot see what isn't there. Fact, SS and Medicare are trillions in unfunded mandates showing that single payer is ripe with abuse yet you would add another entitlement program to give the govt. more money to spend? I got it, you are a big govt. liberal.

  5. #1225
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Rinse and repeat, pot to kettle!
    Yep, you don't like answering direct questions and being held accountable for anything you post, got it! You have no idea what you have posted but the Treasury Dept. doesn't agree with your opinions.

  6. #1226
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    I live in a border state. I don't need Fox to tell me what I read in the local papers.
    ...as I suspected, you can not support your statements. Kindly stand down and argue about what you know with facts you can produce.

    I've lived in a border state as well..... they didn't spend too much time talking about the Canadian healthcare system in the local papers. Most American papers (and americans) are far too provincial to care much about what happens on the other side of the border.

    I have also ton of business Canada, traveling to Calgary (conservative Canada) one or two times per month, where I negotiated the acquisition of five Canadian companies and divestiture of one. I know Canadians like their healthcare and pity Americans for our screwed up system.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-in-one-post/

    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/myt...ked-2012-08-09

    http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news...re-system.html
    Last edited by upsideguy; 08-24-13 at 07:22 PM.

  7. #1227
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ...as I suspected, you can not support your statements. Kindly stand down and argue about what you know with facts you can produce.

    I've lived in a border state as well..... they didn't spend too much time talking about the Canadian healthcare system in the local papers. Most American papers (and americans) are far too provincial to care much about what happens on the other side of the border.

    I have also ton of business Canada, traveling to Calgary (conservative Canada) one or two times per month, where I negotiated the acquisition of five Canadian companies and divestiture of one. I know Canadians like their healthcare and pity Americans for our screwed up system.

    Everything you ever wanted to know about Canadian health care in one post

    Myths about Canada, U.S. health care debunked - Bill Mann's Canada - MarketWatch

    Change of Subject: Never mind the anecdotes: Do Canadians like their health-care system?
    Well, there you have it, Canadians like their healthcare system which then means it is justified to have long wait times, higher costs that they don't think they pay for, and then of course there is the quality issue. Now it doesn't matter that the population of Canada is 34+ million Canadians compared to 312 million Americans but that is a minor issue. There are 50 sovereign states compared to 13 Canadian provinces or territories, and then of course we know that the economy of Canada is much bigger than the United States with their GDP not dependent on the govt.

    Yes, Canadian costs are lower than American costs but gee, wonder why?

    http://www.awhp-online.com/issues/AW...ts_7-26-04.pdf

    Before solving the American cost problem, the liberal solution is create another massive entitlement program and a single payer system like Medicare and SS which is trillions in unfunded liabilities because the govt. has used the money on things other than the Medicare and SS which is the same they will do with any national healthcare program.

    Why is it that liberals continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore history? Is this the way you run your company, on theory and not results? Show me any U.S. Govt. run social program that justifies the bureaucrats in D.C. running another entitlement program?

  8. #1228
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ...as I suspected, you can not support your statements. Kindly stand down and argue about what you know with facts you can produce.

    I've lived in a border state as well..... they didn't spend too much time talking about the Canadian healthcare system in the local papers. Most American papers (and americans) are far too provincial to care much about what happens on the other side of the border.

    I have also ton of business Canada, traveling to Calgary (conservative Canada) one or two times per month, where I negotiated the acquisition of five Canadian companies and divestiture of one. I know Canadians like their healthcare and pity Americans for our screwed up system.

    Everything you ever wanted to know about Canadian health care in one post

    Myths about Canada, U.S. health care debunked - Bill Mann's Canada - MarketWatch

    Change of Subject: Never mind the anecdotes: Do Canadians like their health-care system?
    I didn't read all three articles just the first. I found this in the article:
    “a large majority of Canadians still believe that the system is unsustainable and urgently in need of substantive change.” Most of the concerns had to do with long wait times and difficulty accessing care."

    So you are wrong or the article is. Or something.

    maybe later, I'll read the other two.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  9. #1229
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, sorry, cannot see what isn't there. Fact, SS and Medicare are trillions in unfunded mandates showing that single payer is ripe with abuse yet you would add another entitlement program to give the govt. more money to spend? I got it, you are a big govt. liberal.
    Ripe for abuse? You don't think total compensation of $102 million paid to Steven Helmsley, CEO of United Healthcare is abuse? That amounts to $49,000 per hour (at least its a "living wage") or one dollar out of ever $700 spent on healthcare paid Steven.

    Billionaire Insurance CEO’s – $102k per hour salaries | Deep Something

    Executive compensation and the rising cost of health care

    In America, we have simply done a nice job privatizing our corruption.

    * * * *

    Poignant comments from a discussion blog on the subject:

    Responses to $102 Million Payout To United Healthcare CEO Draws Outrage

    1) This type of compensation is not only disgusting its a testimony of the dysfunctional state of Medicine. I am a physician still struggling to pay off my 350,000 dollars of medical school loans. It takes roughly 13 years of sweat, toil and expertise to attain a medical degree and truly save lives. Physcians are prisoners to the machine of greedy, health care executives that care nothing about patients. They seek to minimize cost by restricting care to afford more money in there pocket.
    Reply
    Daniel DeBold on August 20, 2013 at 8:40 pm

    2) I support raises for health care providers but I am outraged by the CEO’s salary of health insurance companies. I am a psychotherapist who hasn’t seem more than a 3% raise in my salary in the past three years. This is beyond unethical. I’m sure his lawyers and the lawyers of these big insurance companies have figured out how to make them rich. If you have any ideas on how to stop this please let me know. I have already notified my representatives in Washington but I have doubts that it will doing any good. I certainly will not do business with United Health Care.
    Reply
    Jim B on November 29, 2011 at 12:45 pm

    3) Just notified of a 45% increase in premium costs from United Healtcare.

    This is insane!!
    Reply
    Bob Trotta on November 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm


    4) I too am wondering about the sad state of affairs. I have UHC, which I pay plenty for health coverage, but when I have used it – get nothing but “lip service” for daring to use what I’m paying for. Why? To keep the fat a??holes in their ivory towers fatter…at least the *ucking wallets! They didn’t cover an E/R visit when I was extremely ill, they didn’t cover for radiology services needed and their rude, unhelpful services reps suck at helping their customers who are paying their miserable salaries. The entire health care system is riddled with fraud, thieves and liars…all out to get their hands on your hard-earned dollars however and whenever they can. It’s way pass time for reform and controls on how much CEO’s are allowed to earn while raping their customers over hot coals and laughing their butts off as they deposit our dollars meant to care for our healthcare needs. The lousy sobs should be thrown in jail for their thievery. Until mass amounts of consumers in the US of A gets off their butts to raise the roof, things will remain the same or worst continue to grow worst as foreign soils laugh at the stupidity of Americans, so unwilling to take a stand, by even bothering to vote for a different candidate to start a process of stopping the insanity. We are all affected by apathy to taking a stand and making a difference for the good of the people, by the people and for the people.
    Reply
    Claude Arfaras on October 29, 2012 at 3:32 pm


    5) As a country we tend to reward bad behavior. In Md Roscoe Barlett was bought by the health care insurance industry his first time out- we’re still stuck with him 20 years later. He has taxpayer provided helath care- the best. The insurance industry spends billions to buy elected officials. But won’t pay for soooo many things for health. People clean house in the House of Rep. this year,

    I have UHC- they lie, cheat and steal- don’t ask to speak with a person in charge you could be dead by the time they get back to you. IF you can get a phone number.

    I have been a healthcare executive for over 27 years helping patients and their families through the healthcare system. United is one of the biggest abusers of our system by denying needed care to patients, denying claims, etc.,

    This is how the CEO received $102 million – he set up a system whereby premiums paid by hard working citizens are not used to pay claims and are not used to authorize treatment. Instead, they pay his compensation.

    Once again, socialized healthcare is the only answer to the problem in America. We already have the “haves” and “have-nots”. When will America wake up and realize this?
    Reply
    Gary Gonzales on October 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm

    6) When is enough enough – it is time for the middle class to take this country over again. The low to middle income people are bearing the brunt of the corporate greed now. It is so sick to note the salaries of the company’s upper management while the employees get crap. It is time for a revolution. You can see it coming and I hope the low and middle class people take over. The fat cats in companies and government need to go now. WE have become a country of greed.
    Reply
    Brian on February 5, 2013 at 11:14 am

    7) This is the same company that has refused to issue me
    an ID card, in effect denying me access to health care.
    Impossible to talk to anyone there – that should give
    you a clue when you hold for 45 min and still cant’t
    talk to anyone – as if that would help! They have no
    problem in raking in the premiums though!
    Reply
    Roy on March 26, 2013 at 12:35 am


    8) Just received another benefit/member(what a joke) card from UHC,first one in the third week of April, second one around two weeks later. The card received in April stated deductibles at $2500 ind. & $7500 family. In may, the new card had raised the plan deductible to $5000 ind. & 15000 family + raised ER visit from $300 to $500. No explanation, cant get an answer on the phone. There attitude is “just shut the f*** up and pay” And they will get away with the increases they charge you, and will pay out less as obama care goes into effect. Because that is the law of the land by the corporation, for the corporation. Forget liberty and justice and the rest of that independence crap, that has been tossed out the window in favor of profit for the 1%.
    Reply
    Ms Ann on June 3, 2013 at 10:06 pm


    The American healthcare system is sick!
    Last edited by upsideguy; 08-24-13 at 07:58 PM.

  10. #1230
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You simply don't like being confused with facts, logic, and common sense.
    I can see how he would be confused if you actually used facts, logic and common sense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •