Page 122 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1211
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    In order to make that argument you have to have evidence that the govt. has been efficient in implementing other social programs and you cannot do that. Theory would say you are right but history says you are wrong.
    And I've given you that before.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1212
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They were never intended to handle all Federal programs handed down by politicians in D.C. without getting the funding support for those programs, i.e. no child left behind. The Federal Govt is great at mandates not so great at implementing efficiency. Too many bureaucrats dependent on low voter turnout that magnifies their base of dependent voters.
    But you'll be fine as long as the only follows.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1213
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Expanding the "free" (the cost is simply born by others) care given does not lower the cost of that "free" care. Note that the PPACA did not replace/remove this "free" ER care it simply added more "free" care and attempted to spread those costs over a wider base while adding more, 15% to 20% "private" medical care insurance, overhead to the mix.
    Nothing's free. But actually it does. We have no idea how appropriate or accurate the pass along costs are. Not paid for care may equal X, but they may made twice X in their pass along efforts. Also, a doctors office visit is much cheaper than the ER, so moving it there would be cheaper.

    Now, I prefer a single payer system which lowers that overhead, removes it from business, and gives both business and individuals more cash in hand, even with a rase in taxes. More of the tax dollar would go directly to care than does the insurance dollar, thus lowering cost there as well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1214
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I've given you that before.
    You are unbelievable, you did no such thing because there isn't any examples of a Federally run social program that has been efficient in implementation and operation. I find it amazing how people like you are such experts on things like Medicare that you don't even participate in. When you do get back to me and tell me how efficient that program is and why it is trillions in an unfunded liability?

  5. #1215
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    You must live in your own world.
    1. A mix of black and white is grey. Sorry if you fail to see that.

    2. Obama is as much a Marxist as I am a Far Right, Christian Conservative. You obviously wouldn't know Marxism if it stood up and bit you in the ass.
    You continue to fail. Who am I to stand in your way?

  6. #1216
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But you'll be fine as long as the only follows.

    Baiting and trolling is what you do best

  7. #1217
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing's free. But actually it does. We have no idea how appropriate or accurate the pass along costs are. Not paid for care may equal X, but they may made twice X in their pass along efforts. Also, a doctors office visit is much cheaper than the ER, so moving it there would be cheaper.

    Now, I prefer a single payer system which lowers that overhead, removes it from business, and gives both business and individuals more cash in hand, even with a rase in taxes. More of the tax dollar would go directly to care than does the insurance dollar, thus lowering cost there as well.
    Your opinion noted but more importantly your acceptance of higher taxes with no assurance of lower costs and improved service. Yes, let's give the federal govt. that is 17 trillion in debt more money and another entitlement program to administer. They have done so well with SS and Medicare.

  8. #1218
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are unbelievable, you did no such thing because there isn't any examples of a Federally run social program that has been efficient in implementation and operation. I find it amazing how people like you are such experts on things like Medicare that you don't even participate in. When you do get back to me and tell me how efficient that program is and why it is trillions in an unfunded liability?
    I have complete with links.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1219
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Baiting and trolling is what you do best
    Pot to kettle.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1220
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have complete with links.
    No, I am sorry, you have no idea what you have posted and nothing you have posted shows the U.S. Federal Govt. being efficient in any social program or social spending and that is what Obamacare would be.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •