Page 121 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1201
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The market place will require quality or the businesses won't survive. I want healthcare where it belongs with the individual first and then the local and state communities.

    You explained theory but theory is just that, an opinion. European countries are dependent on govt. spending with that being the largest component of GDP. that isn't the case here. Austerity in Europe is a disaster because it cuts off what people are dependent on, govt. dollars? Europe also has lower defense budgets than we do which means they can focus in other areas. Their economy wasn't built on free enterprise and capitalism which seems to be something you don't understand. Costs in this country would be lower with competition, less legal expenses, and relaxing of govt. regulations on everything including FDA approval of drugs.
    That's nonsense. Poor quality does quite well in the market place. We have Walmart. They sell cheap low quality furniture. People go to rent to own an pay a lot for low quality products. Across the board, the market is full of low quality items that sell.

    There is nothing magical about the market. And it has never been pure and Unregulated here.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1202
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They are listing that as alternatives but what you ignore are the costs the Federal Govt. add to the private sector. Interesting how big govt. liberals like you do that. It is up to the people of the states to assure full funding of govt. programs and most do because of the balanced budget requirements

    evaluate requests for additional healthcare mandates? What state requests additional healthcare mandates from the Federal Govt?

    Advocate for regulatory simplifications is ongoing and you should know that but thanks for pointing out that regulations are a cost

    Evaluate the cumulative effect of additional regulations, again, pointing out the obvious and that is always in question at least by my state

    Support Reasonable limits on malpractice law suits-Thanks for getting on board

    So what you have done is show that regulations, law suits, and govt. mandates drive up costs. Solve those problems first before implementing another massive govt. entitlement program

    read them carefully. They want money from the Feds. The rest is about being careful and wanting limits on law suits, which requires the federal government. Having a single payer does reduce paper work and administrative costs. States have done tort reform, and saved next to nothing (showing it was over played as an issue).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1203
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's nonsense. Poor quality does quite well in the market place. We have Walmart. They sell cheap low quality furniture. People go to rent to own an pay a lot for low quality products. Across the board, the market is full of low quality items that sell.

    There is nothing magical about the market. And it has never been pure and Unregulated here.

    LOL, yep me need legislation to prevent stupidity. Personal responsibility doesn't exist in your world so your answer is always another govt. program and throwing more money at the issues. There is nothing magical about a massive govt. entitlement program as most people, liberals excluded, know that all these programs do is create dependence. We haven't had a pure unregulated economy in decades and decades and in fact we have more regulations today many of which aren't being enforced therefore let's pile on more? That is always the liberal answer and then when it fails just move on to some other issue while never acknowledging failure.

  4. #1204
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    read them carefully. They want money from the Feds. The rest is about being careful and wanting limits on law suits, which requires the federal government. Having a single payer does reduce paper work and administrative costs. States have done tort reform, and saved next to nothing (showing it was over played as an issue).
    No, they want the feds to pay for mandates implemented by the feds as the Contract with America prescribes. Why would the State want more federal mandates?

    Yes, we can see how the law reduces paperwork as it is 18000 pages and growing. Yours is theory and there is no evidence that your theory will work and in fact are their fewer pieces of paper in the single payer Medicare program? Are you on Medicare? Cannot wait until you experience the real joys of a single payer system.

  5. #1205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    What exactly does "guarantee a minimum of health care" mean? We require emergency care be given regardless of ability to pay - does that not "guarantee a minimum of health care"? Certainly that health care will not be "free" to all citizens, it will be free to some and yet paid for by others. We all need food, clothing and shelter too - should those "essential" goods/services be "guaranteed" to citizens as well? It all sounds so wonderful and "fair" until you look at the details. Federal income taxation in the US mandates that the top 10% of the taxapyers pay 71% of the total tax bill. Taxation and gov't guarantees of goods/services are always seen as a good deal for those that will personally get more value in gov't goods/services than they must pay for via taxation.

    Those "healthy" Mexicans:
    Mexico, Now More Obese Than US, Struggles To Afford Healthy Foods

    Those "happy" Mexicans:
    Most Mexicans See Better Life in U.S. – One-In-Three Would Migrate | Pew Global Attitudes Project
    Emergency room care is quite expensive. Now the law says they only have to treat emergencies. However, the need and the poor illogical response to the law has allowed everyone to use the ER as their doctors office. This is fool hardy. The market responded, and passed all the cost to us. We pay for it no matter what. So, who can really argue that it's best to do it ad hoc like this than to have a rational system?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1206
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, yep me need legislation to prevent stupidity. Personal responsibility doesn't exist in your world so your answer is always another govt. program and throwing more money at the issues. There is nothing magical about a massive govt. entitlement program as most people, liberals excluded, know that all these programs do is create dependence. We haven't had a pure unregulated economy in decades and decades and in fact we have more regulations today many of which aren't being enforced therefore let's pile on more? That is always the liberal answer and then when it fails just move on to some other issue while never acknowledging failure.
    You're jumping around again. Going to the insult instead of using reason. I make no magical claims. I only argue that a system is more efficient than this hodge podge of differing methods we currently have.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1207
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, they want the feds to pay for mandates implemented by the feds as the Contract with America prescribes. Why would the State want more federal mandates?

    Yes, we can see how the law reduces paperwork as it is 18000 pages and growing. Yours is theory and there is no evidence that your theory will work and in fact are their fewer pieces of paper in the single payer Medicare program? Are you on Medicare? Cannot wait until you experience the real joys of a single payer system.
    Because they can't afford to handle all problems. There's a very clear reasons why states take government dollars.

    And the paper would be less under my proposed system, not the current reform.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1208
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You're jumping around again. Going to the insult instead of using reason. I make no magical claims. I only argue that a system is more efficient than this hodge podge of differing methods we currently have.
    In order to make that argument you have to have evidence that the govt. has been efficient in implementing other social programs and you cannot do that. Theory would say you are right but history says you are wrong.

  9. #1209
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because they can't afford to handle all problems. There's a very clear reasons why states take government dollars.

    And the paper would be less under my proposed system, not the current reform.
    They were never intended to handle all Federal programs handed down by politicians in D.C. without getting the funding support for those programs, i.e. no child left behind. The Federal Govt is great at mandates not so great at implementing efficiency. Too many bureaucrats dependent on low voter turnout that magnifies their base of dependent voters.

  10. #1210
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,578

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Emergency room care is quite expensive. Now the law says they only have to treat emergencies. However, the need and the poor illogical response to the law has allowed everyone to use the ER as their doctors office. This is fool hardy. The market responded, and passed all the cost to us. We pay for it no matter what. So, who can really argue that it's best to do it ad hoc like this than to have a rational system?
    Expanding the "free" (the cost is simply born by others) care given does not lower the cost of that "free" care. Note that the PPACA did not replace/remove this "free" ER care it simply added more "free" care and attempted to spread those costs over a wider base while adding more, 15% to 20% "private" medical care insurance, overhead to the mix.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •