Page 118 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1171
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Thanks for parroting what you heard on Fox. Now try supporting both of these statements, if you can. You shouldn't make such statements if you can not support them.
    I live in a border state. I don't need Fox to tell me what I read in the local papers.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  2. #1172
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As usual you ignore reality, MA costs are up because of ER usage. More people in the system that is already plagued by a doctor shortage is going to put more pressure on the ER's because of fewer doctors and more patients. The Free Market is driven by incentive and when you reduce incentive you reduce supply. Very simple economics except to people who don't understand supply and demand.

    Here is a pretty good analysis of what drives costs in this country. Ignoring the effect of govt. regulations is what big govt. liberals always do.

    http://www.awhp-online.com/issues/AW...ts_7-26-04.pdf

    I am waiting for an explanation as to why you would reward a massive central govt. that has created a 17 trillion dollar debt by giving them more control of the economy?
    Yes, keep yammering about cost when the US is the most expensive by far. What's that about ignoring reality?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #1173
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, keep yammering about cost when the US is the most expensive by far. What's that about ignoring reality?
    The question is why the U.S. has higher costs and I gave you the reasons. You choose to ignore them to promote another massive entitlement program that doesn't address costs or quality. The question is why? You cannot address costs of healthcare until you address the reasons for those higher costs and to compare this country to any other in the world is comparing apples to oranges.

  4. #1174
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The question is why the U.S. has higher costs and I gave you the reasons. You choose to ignore them to promote another massive entitlement program that doesn't address costs or quality. The question is why? You cannot address costs of healthcare until you address the reasons for those higher costs and to compare this country to any other in the world is comparing apples to oranges.
    You've handwaved most of the costs and dumped everything onto "government regulation." But in other nations, the government has far more control and costs are far lower. Can you explain that other than just dismissing it as "apples to oranges?"

    I'm not promoting Obamacare. I'm promoting single-payer.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #1175
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You've handwaved most of the costs and dumped everything onto "government regulation." But in other nations, the government has far more control and costs are far lower. Can you explain that other than just dismissing it as "apples to oranges?"

    I'm not promoting Obamacare. I'm promoting single-payer.
    Not everything but a significant portion including higher costs of Drug R&D, Malpractice insurance, govt. regulations preventing competition or insurance companies crossing state lines but let's not overlook personal behavior and why we reward bad behavior with more money thrown at the problem. Obamacare is the first step to single payer and single payer in a country of 312 million people with diverse population, different state cost of living, different state personal behavior doesn't solve the problem at all, just hides it in another govt. entitlement program that gives politicians more power. Medicare and SS are single payer and are trillions in unfunded liabilities. Creating a single payer system doesn't do anything but give the politicians more money to spend

  6. #1176
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not everything but a significant portion including higher costs of Drug R&D, Malpractice insurance, govt. regulations preventing competition or insurance companies crossing state lines but let's not overlook personal behavior and why we reward bad behavior with more money thrown at the problem. Obamacare is the first step to single payer and single payer in a country of 312 million people with diverse population, different state cost of living, different state personal behavior doesn't solve the problem at all, just hides it in another govt. entitlement program that gives politicians more power. Medicare and SS are single payer and are trillions in unfunded liabilities. Creating a single payer system doesn't do anything but give the politicians more money to spend
    Instead of answering my question, you just regurgitated GOP catchphrases. "Unfunded liability" is my favorite. Giant red flag that the person in question has no idea what they're talking about.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #1177
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Instead of answering my question, you just regurgitated GOP catchphrases. "Unfunded liability" is my favorite. Giant red flag that the person in question has no idea what they're talking about.
    No, I provided you with the costs of healthcare and I have in the past provided you the proof from the Treasury Dept of the unfunded liabilities of SS and Medicare, both single payer systems and both supposedly self funded. I wonder what it is about "undisclosed" that creates this kind of loyalty to a massive central govt. and more entitlement spending? Single payer always sounds good to someone who doesn't understand history or the reality of the govt. we have. More money just funds more entitlement programs and creates more dependence. Is that what you really want and how does that benefit you?

  8. #1178
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, I provided you with the costs of healthcare and I have in the past provided you the proof from the Treasury Dept of the unfunded liabilities of SS and Medicare, both single payer systems and both supposedly self funded. I wonder what it is about "undisclosed" that creates this kind of loyalty to a massive central govt. and more entitlement spending? Single payer always sounds good to someone who doesn't understand history or the reality of the govt. we have. More money just funds more entitlement programs and creates more dependence. Is that what you really want and how does that benefit you?
    UHC systems work better and cheaper in every single country that adopts them. Maybe you think America is uniquely incompetent, but I don't.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #1179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    UHC systems work better and cheaper in every single country that adopts them. Maybe you think America is uniquely incompetent, but I don't.
    Nah he just hates the US Government and the opportunities available here.

  10. #1180
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,929

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    1.Obama is a progressive, and 2.an extreme ideologue, and 3.a liar, which is worse.
    1. No. He's a Centrist who leans Right on National security and financial matters, leans Left on cultural issues.
    2. Hardly. O is a pragmatist.
    3. Well, show me a president not named Jimmy Carter who wasn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •