Page 114 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1131
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You never answer a question, do you? Why such passion for this issue? What is in it for you? BUT the most important, what happens if you are wrong?
    Nothing happens if I'm wrong. I've told you this. We could not spend more. Up is really the only place we can go right now. We've seen what happens with you being wrong: all the things you keep complaining will happen.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1132
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'd like to note that Alabama Paul's statement of the Federal Government paying for the unpaid Emergency room visits is factually wrong....I believe in some states may opt for federal Health Care grants and use portions of those grants to pay for the lacking payments due hospitals, but in the end that is up to the state.

    Most hospitals write off huge amounts of unpaid bills as a loss against services gaining a lower bottom line in federal filing, that may also be an avenue of what AP, and Boo are talking about, but it is a disingenuous, and round about way to get there. It's the same type of argument as labeling tax breaks that every business in America gets to take advantage of, as 'subsidies' if the progressive left doesn't like the business.

    Here in SC, if you go to the hospital for a service and they are state funded, and you don't pay, then your state tax refund is taken. Notice I didn't say your Federal refund....So, my take on it, is that although the state does take money for health services now from the Federal government, it is up to the state how they allocate those funds, therefore, the state's taxpayer is who is on the hook for unpaid hospital services.
    If they use federal dollars, and most do, he's correct.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1133
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Well, what do you expect from a Conservative, I just do basic research and verify the rhetoric or disprove it. Don't know what has gotten in to me. Learned that at an early age. Shame on me.
    Well, you've done a terrible job of it because America's costs are literally the highest and its wait times aren't exactly stellar. When you hear wait time statistics, take note that it is always either the UK or Canada. Because France, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Japan, etc... shorter wait times to go with those lower costs.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #1134
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'd like to note that Alabama Paul's statement of the Federal Government paying for the unpaid Emergency room visits is factually wrong....I believe in some states may opt for federal Health Care grants and use portions of those grants to pay for the lacking payments due hospitals, but in the end that is up to the state.

    Most hospitals write off huge amounts of unpaid bills as a loss against services gaining a lower bottom line in federal filing, that may also be an avenue of what AP, and Boo are talking about, but it is a disingenuous, and round about way to get there. It's the same type of argument as labeling tax breaks that every business in America gets to take advantage of, as 'subsidies' if the progressive left doesn't like the business.

    Here in SC, if you go to the hospital for a service and they are state funded, and you don't pay, then your state tax refund is taken. Notice I didn't say your Federal refund....So, my take on it, is that although the state does take money for health services now from the Federal government, it is up to the state how they allocate those funds, therefore, the state's taxpayer is who is on the hook for unpaid hospital services.
    Ok, so the state taxpayers are on the hook instead of federal. So? That's not any better, the costs are still being dumped on everyone else.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #1135
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    It's sometimes much cheaper to enter a medical facility as a cash customer...
    Damn straight! From yesterday's WSJ, Jeffrey Singer: The Man Who Was Treated for $17,000 Less makes your point very well, along with an excellent case for getting rid of ObamaCare and replacing it with real insurance, like auto insurance which can be purchased across state lines, and transparent pricing that introduces competition to promote progress and lower prices as has happened in the fields of Lasik surgery and cosmetic surgery.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  6. #1136
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing happens if I'm wrong. I've told you this. We could not spend more. Up is really the only place we can go right now. We've seen what happens with you being wrong: all the things you keep complaining will happen.
    Up is where we are going with Obamacare and you know it, wait times go up, costs go up, but it makes you feel good knowing that everyone is going to experience the same problems with longer waits and lower quality.

  7. #1137
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well, you've done a terrible job of it because America's costs are literally the highest and its wait times aren't exactly stellar. When you hear wait time statistics, take note that it is always either the UK or Canada. Because France, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Japan, etc... shorter wait times to go with those lower costs.

    LOL, yes, let's compare apples and oranges which you are good at doing. Any idea what criteria is being used to generate those stats? How does UHC help you and your family? I thought you were kidding but apparently not. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty and total ignorance of reality? You would give the U.S. Politicians that created a 17 trillion dollar debt control o 1/6 of the U.S. economy? They have to love having people like you.

  8. #1138
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ok, so the state taxpayers are on the hook instead of federal. So? That's not any better, the costs are still being dumped on everyone else.
    Of course it is better, why should the federal taxpayer pay for personal responsibility issues in the states. The states can do what MA did and implement UHC if the citizens want it vs. thrusting a national program on 312 million Americans.

  9. #1139
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Earlier I wrote, "One must learn to be flexible. What term would you use to describe someone in the context of part black and part white? If it sounds better I will use it."

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Grey.
    Fail. Your response was unimaginative, not to mention incorrect. Has any communist or Marxist anywhere at anytime ever described themselves as gray?

    Obama is more Marxist/Red (2/3rds) than black (1/6th) or white (1/6th).

  10. #1140
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Up is where we are going with Obamacare and you know it, wait times go up, costs go up, but it makes you feel good knowing that everyone is going to experience the same problems with longer waits and lower quality.
    Nope. It'll be the same as it always has been under the ACA. Wealthy will do well, and working poor not so much.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •