Page 113 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1121
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Have you ever looked at a major medical bill to see the difference between what was charged and what the negotiated payment was?
    Yep. I know quite a bit about this. I've spent time around all aspects of it. We won't go backward. It's not about my personal feelings. It's merely the reality if this situation.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1122
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yep. I know quite a bit about this. I've spent time around all aspects of it. We won't go backward. It's not about my personal feelings. It's merely the reality if this situation.
    It's not a case of gong backwards; it's moving forward past WWII when the employer based model was introduced and back to taking care of ones self and his/her/their family...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #1123
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    It's not a case of gong backwards; it's moving forward past WWII when the employer based model was introduced and back to taking care of ones self and his/her/their family...
    That takes us backward, unless we go UHC.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1124
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That takes us backward, unless we go UHC.
    Your passion is misguided and you simply do not have the ability to admit that you could be wrong. History shows you wrong.

  5. #1125
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your passion is misguided and you simply do not have the ability to admit that you could be wrong. History shows you wrong.
    History shows noting of the kind.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1126
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    When I received free medical, while in the Army, I would go on sick call simply because I didn't feel like working and claim I had a headache. We can't have UHC without people abusing it.

    On the other hand, 9 years ago I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder via VA. If I had been diagnosed back when I was 16 I would've, maybe, had a more prosperous life being my temper and my anxiety attack got me fired a lot. Now that I'm properly medicated people actually like me. But now I'm a burnt out ex-programmer with obsolete skills. Additionally if my sister had healthcare, prior to getting on Medicaid, she would not be in as serious condition she is now. She has fibers in her uterus that has to be surgically removed. They bleed constantly out her vagina leaving blood spots when she sits and making her low on iron. She also has an enlarged liver and is below 50 on Platelets which means she could have a brain hemorrhage at any moment. The fact that she's on medicaid and not real insurance is why they probably didn't immediately hospitalize her. So I have a personal interest in my family having health care.

    However, can we as a country afford to pay for everyone's healthcare without going bankrupt? I don't think so. And do we as citizens actually have a right to health care simply for existing? Then it's the right to a house, and a right to food in your belly and the road towards socialism. Emotionally we should have all of these things. Logically maybe not.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  7. #1127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    When I received free medical, while in the Army, I would go on sick call simply because I didn't feel like working and claim I had a headache. We can't have UHC without people abusing it.

    On the other hand, 9 years ago I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder via VA. If I had been diagnosed back when I was 16 I would've, maybe, had a more prosperous life being my temper and my anxiety attack got me fired a lot. Now that I'm properly medicated people actually like me. But now I'm a burnt out ex-programmer with obsolete skills. Additionally if my sister had healthcare, prior to getting on Medicaid, she would not be in as serious condition she is now. She has fibers in her uterus that has to be surgically removed. They bleed constantly out her vagina leaving blood spots when she sits and making her low on iron. She also has an enlarged liver and is below 50 on Platelets which means she could have a brain hemorrhage at any moment. The fact that she's on medicaid and not real insurance is why they probably didn't immediately hospitalize her. So I have a personal interest in my family having health care.

    However, can we as a country afford to pay for everyone's healthcare without going bankrupt? I don't think so. And do we as citizens actually have a right to health care simply for existing? Then it's the right to a house, and a right to food in your belly and the road towards socialism. Emotionally we should have all of these things. Logically maybe not.
    morbidity
    1: the quality or state of being morbid
    2
    : the relative incidence of disease

    This is a word I word I had to become very familiar with. You see at one time I was diagnosed with a very serious heart condition. At the time the prognosis was 4 - 5 years heart transplant and or death. I went into the medical program I did what I had to do. I would sleep 16 hours aday, over the past 3 and 1/2 years I might have missed four doses of my drugs. It was pure hell and I lost alot. People like my my wife left me. I lost my step son whom I potty trained. My mental state went nuts. I'm back though and I'm really looking forward to this life again!

  8. #1128
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    History shows noting of the kind.
    You never answer a question, do you? Why such passion for this issue? What is in it for you? BUT the most important, what happens if you are wrong?

  9. #1129
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    I'd like to note that Alabama Paul's statement of the Federal Government paying for the unpaid Emergency room visits is factually wrong....I believe in some states may opt for federal Health Care grants and use portions of those grants to pay for the lacking payments due hospitals, but in the end that is up to the state.

    Most hospitals write off huge amounts of unpaid bills as a loss against services gaining a lower bottom line in federal filing, that may also be an avenue of what AP, and Boo are talking about, but it is a disingenuous, and round about way to get there. It's the same type of argument as labeling tax breaks that every business in America gets to take advantage of, as 'subsidies' if the progressive left doesn't like the business.

    Here in SC, if you go to the hospital for a service and they are state funded, and you don't pay, then your state tax refund is taken. Notice I didn't say your Federal refund....So, my take on it, is that although the state does take money for health services now from the Federal government, it is up to the state how they allocate those funds, therefore, the state's taxpayer is who is on the hook for unpaid hospital services.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1130
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,532

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Sixty. One must learn to be flexible. What term would you use to describe someone in the context of part black and part white? If it sounds better I will use it.
    Grey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •