Page 109 of 159 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1081
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,774
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. We've been reading about it for decades. It's not new.

    You think it's accelerating now?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #1082
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I'd like to see something that ties it to benefit reduction rather than opening hour extensions.
    Odd that you're super willing to believe it is healthcare, but that they wouldn't have been doing this for the past couple of decades.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1083
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You think it's accelerating now?
    I think it's just the latest excuse.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1084
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,570

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Red as in the color of Marxism, socialism, liberalism, progressivism and statism.

    Do you think he is not above plundering the people who make the country work in order to do a little bit of money laundering for the democrats who will continue to help him create his utopia here?

    Do you have to see the hammer and sickle before you will see him as he is?
    Red? Who the hell uses that term anymore? You must be 80 years old.

  5. #1085
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There's you're typical name calling.
    Well, thank you, Boo, but as usual you miss the point and simply give your one line answers never offering anything of substance. You have real passion for this issue and the question is why? What is in Obamacare for you? You think you are going to benefit from Obamacare? Think your wife will be able to stay on your insurance? Why won't she end up like UPS spouses?

    Employers dropping coverage for thousands of spouses over ObamaCare costs | Fox News

    I have an incredible doctor who I have been with for over 20 years and will lose him with Obamacare. You just don't seem to comprehend any consequences if you are wrong and based upon history you are definitely wrong.

  6. #1086
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Well, thank you, Boo, but as usual you miss the point and simply give your one line answers never offering anything of substance. You have real passion for this issue and the question is why? What is in Obamacare for you? You think you are going to benefit from Obamacare? Think your wife will be able to stay on your insurance? Why won't she end up like UPS spouses?

    Employers dropping coverage for thousands of spouses over ObamaCare costs | Fox News

    I have an incredible doctor who I have been with for over 20 years and will lose him with Obamacare. You just don't seem to comprehend any consequences if you are wrong and based upon history you are definitely wrong.
    Then you're not reading. I've linked support.

    And one doctor does not a movement make. I'm sure doctors everywhere are lining up to work retail. Tell yourself another one.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1087
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Then you're not reading. I've linked support.

    And one doctor does not a movement make. I'm sure doctors everywhere are lining up to work retail. Tell yourself another one.
    One doctor makes a difference to me just like one doctor makes a difference to anyone else who has a primary care doctor that will leave the profession. You have a passion for this issue for some reason meaning there has to be some personal gain because over time you have shown very little concern for others. It always is about you so tell us why the passion? Then answer the question, what happens if your wife is taken off your coverage? Why would any doctor line up to work retail for a program administered by the Federal Govt? Your opinion is noted.

  8. #1088
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    One doctor makes a difference to me just like one doctor makes a difference to anyone else who has a primary care doctor that will leave the profession. You have a passion for this issue for some reason meaning there has to be some personal gain because over time you have shown very little concern for others. It always is about you so tell us why the passion? Then answer the question, what happens if your wife is taken off your coverage? Why would any doctor line up to work retail for a program administered by the Federal Govt? Your opinion is noted.
    Don't buy it. You're being snowed. He had to be ready to leave already. Don't be fooled.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1089
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Don't buy it. You're being snowed. He had to be ready to leave already. Don't be fooled.
    LOL, it really is amazing how smart you are about what other people are going to do. Too bad that results don't matter, results like wait time, higher ER usage, higher costs, doctor shortages problems which aren't addressed by Obamacare. Again, still no answer, what is in it or you? How about full disclosure from you?

  10. #1090
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, it really is amazing how smart you are about what other people are going to do. Too bad that results don't matter, results like wait time, higher ER usage, higher costs, doctor shortages problems which aren't addressed by Obamacare. Again, still no answer, what is in it or you? How about full disclosure from you?
    It's not hard. If I told you I quit teaching because theirs too much go government involvement, you should doubt it. No one goes from lots of money to no money because its a hassle. You should seriously question such claims. Really.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •