Page 107 of 159 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1061
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,952
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sure it did. I've linked it before. This has been a long movement. Companies have been using more part time people and dumping insurance for a long time. Hell, we had discussions on it when Bush was president, and it wasn't new then.

    Take it up with HuffPost and UC Berkeley.

    Obamacare Putting Millions Of Part-Time Workers At Risk Of Seeing ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../part-time-workers-obamacare_n_3210321....‎
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #1062
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Take it up with HuffPost and UC Berkeley.

    Obamacare Putting Millions Of Part-Time Workers At Risk Of Seeing ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../part-time-workers-obamacare_n_3210321....‎
    I don't have to, I didn't start following just today. I've paid attention for a long, long time.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1063
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,952
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't have to, I didn't start following just today. I've paid attention for a long, long time.
    Well then you'll have no trouble providing some supporting evidence to back up your claim.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #1064
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I don't have to, I didn't start following just today. I've paid attention for a long, long time.
    I really am beginning to feel sorry for you as I guess everyone has a little liberal in them. You are wrong and cannot admit it, you are married to a failed ideology, and you are delusional on what data you have posted to support your claim not realizing that most of what you post are opinions and not reality. BLS shows that most of the jobs created are part time jobs, name for me any other time when that happened? Part time jobs are going to be the normal under Obama as there is no incentive to create full time jobs and pay the cost of those jobs. Companies cannot compete in a global economy with high U.S. wages and benefits. Sorry but that is reality along with the fact that businesses weren't created for employees.

  5. #1065
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    You seem to have a problem with everybody to the left of lunacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I really am beginning to feel sorry for you as I guess everyone has a little liberal in them. You are wrong and cannot admit it, you are married to a failed ideology, and you are delusional on what data you have posted to support your claim not realizing that most of what you post are opinions and not reality. BLS shows that most of the jobs created are part time jobs, name for me any other time when that happened? Part time jobs are going to be the normal under Obama as there is no incentive to create full time jobs and pay the cost of those jobs. Companies cannot compete in a global economy with high U.S. wages and benefits. Sorry but that is reality along with the fact that businesses weren't created for employees.

  6. #1066
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    And, you are not making sense. Explain to us how Obama is "Red". From his nomination of Tim Geithner and Tom Vilsak to his bailing out the money people at AIG, BOA and GM--not to mention the gift he gave the insurance companies---he seems like your standard pro-corporate politician to me, no different than the others who came before him.
    Red as in the color of Marxism, socialism, liberalism, progressivism and statism.

    Do you think he is not above plundering the people who make the country work in order to do a little bit of money laundering for the democrats who will continue to help him create his utopia here?

    Do you have to see the hammer and sickle before you will see him as he is?

  7. #1067
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Red as in the color of Marxism, socialism, liberalism, progressivism and statism.

    Do you think he is not above plundering the people who make the country work in order to do a little bit of money laundering for the democrats who will continue to help him create his utopia here?

    Do you have to see the hammer and sickle before you will see him as he is?
    Corvettes a communist plot?

    IMG_8459.jpg

  8. #1068
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Corvettes a communist plot?

    IMG_8459.jpg
    In some contexts red is a perfect color.

  9. #1069
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Take it up with HuffPost and UC Berkeley.

    Obamacare Putting Millions Of Part-Time Workers At Risk Of Seeing ...

    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../part-time-workers-obamacare_n_3210321....‎
    Again, don't have too. My memory is longer than 30 seconds.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1070
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Well then you'll have no trouble providing some supporting evidence to back up your claim.
    Have before. But if you been alive longer than ten years, you should know it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •