Page 103 of 159 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1584

Thread: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

  1. #1021
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Which is why Perry is doing his own backdoor on elderly money from Obama cares. And then Perry's people try to preempt criticism playing on the "intellectually disabled". Perry has a history of this double-speak, as with taking the stim money to balance your budget.
    Thank you very much for telling me what is going on in TX, too bad you have no clue as to what is going on in your own state or at the Federal level.

  2. #1022
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted but you are wrong again as usual. Please take a civics course to learn how out govt. works
    Now you change off to "how gov't works" after losing the "Dems didn't have 'full-control' discussion". And poor try at B/F/T with the civics course. You are not a genuine conservative. I would not blaspheme the GOP tradition of being genuine up to Nixon.

  3. #1023
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Thank you very much for telling me what is going on in TX, too bad you have no clue as to what is going on in your own state or at the Federal level.
    You were doing well up to the comma.

  4. #1024
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,782

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I edited it for a reason, it was a response to another poster who claims to have taught Chemistry and Physics. You really ought to pay closer attention to other posters and not just me. I caught my mistake and edited it properly. That part of the post was not to you, the rest was
    A classic difference between people like you and I. I praised you for what you said you were and did not use such words as "claim" in referring to you. You, not so much. And who would claim to be a teacher on a DP forum where fright-wingers are so disrespectful to the field and unions?

  5. #1025
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, because Wiki, 60 minutes, NPR, and the NYTimes says so.....Really?
    Yeah. Those are all better sources. Wiki is a survey source that actually holds up well when compared to other survey sources. It's best used only to survey. But the other three are very good sources, and largely much better than what you use.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1026
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The Peace Corps is a volunteer program run by the United States government. The stated mission of the Peace Corps includes three goals: providing technical assistance; helping people outside the United States to understand American culture; and helping Americans to understand the cultures of other countries. The work is generally related to social and economic development. Each program participant, a Peace Corps Volunteer, is an American citizen, typically with a college degree, who works abroad for a period of 24 months after three months of training. Volunteers work with governments, schools, non-profit organizations, non-government organizations, and entrepreneurs in education, hunger, business, information technology, agriculture, and the environment. After 24 months of service, volunteers can request an extension of service.[2]

    The fact that volunteers have been attacked is obviously terrible, but it's not a sign of abuse or fraud in the organization.
    Not attacked. Raped and murdered. The fact that Peace Corps officials knew about it and didn't do anything is a sign of abuse.

    The resulting media storm forced Peace Corps Director Aaron Williams to testify before Congress on the allegations, where he pledged to reform the agency.

    Read more: Despite All Its Accomplishments, It Is Not Without Scandals - The Peace Corps Turns 50: 10 Little-Known Facts About It - TIME #ixzz2cbRp0Mcb
    Why reform is theres no waste fraud or abuse?

  7. #1027
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah. Those are all better sources. Wiki is a survey source that actually holds up well when compared to other survey sources. It's best used only to survey. But the other three are very good sources, and largely much better than what you use.
    Because you agree with their bias....Big surprise.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1028
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You were doing well up to the comma.
    Yes, the 9.2% unemployment in Illinois and declining labor force vs the 6.5% unemployment rate in TX and a growing labor force is much better and says it all. You must be so proud of the economic performance in Illinois which of course you ignore and don't understand.

  9. #1029
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Because you agree with their bias....Big surprise.
    No. Because those who are in the field overwhelming state it. It's called best evidence. It's what best decisions should be made on. You're side seeking any weak thing to hang your hat on.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1030
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    re: Reid says Obamacare just a step toward eventual single-payer system[W:1539]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No. Because those who are in the field overwhelming state it. It's called best evidence. It's what best decisions should be made on. You're side seeking any weak thing to hang your hat on.
    There are a lot of factors that go into making a decision with most of them based upon logic, common sense, and historical data. When you look at SS and Medicare you see a well intended program that was self funding but is now trillions in unfunded liabilities as the money was used for other purposes. When you look at most liberal programs they are well intended but poorly administered and supervised thus are ripe with waste, fraud, and abuse. I am sure you mean well but the reality is you are very naive and ignoring history and common sense.

    This country is almost 17 trillion dollars in debt and continuing to borrow and print money to service that debt. Waste, fraud, and abuse always follows liberal social programs because politicians buy votes with their "handouts" thus driving up costs. National healthcare is a failure because it doesn't provide the quality service and access promised. There aren't enough doctors to service the additional people going on the healthcare roles but there will be plenty of money going in for the govt. bureaucrats to waste. Why would you reward past bad behavior by implementing another entitlement program?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •