Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

  1. #1
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Just saw a blip on this in the local news. I'm glad she didn't win her lawsuit. Most of occupy Portland was pretty calm. In fact, mayor Sam Adams openly walked among and talked with the protesters in one location. When people violate the free movement of others, I'm OK with pepperspray.

    A seven-person jury decided Liz Nicholsí rights were not violated when she was pepper-sprayed in the mouth during an Occupy Portland protest in November 2011.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Just saw a blip on this in the local news. I'm glad she didn't win her lawsuit. Most of occupy Portland was pretty calm. In fact, mayor Sam Adams openly walked among and talked with the protesters in one location. When people violate the free movement of others, I'm OK with pepperspray.

    ]
    Maybe if she would have shut her big f**** mouth she wouldn't have got pepper spray in it.

  3. #3
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    This is pretty disgusting. I once thought we had freedom of speech and the right to protest and assemble. But apparently we dont. I find it hugely hypocritically that we condemn actions like this overseas but when our people do it its "ehh shrug of the sholder". What bull**** what this is.
    Arab Spring, American Autumn (I WILL NOT MOVE: A Short Film) - YouTube


  4. #4
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    This is pretty disgusting. I once thought we had freedom of speech and the right to protest and assemble. But apparently we dont. I find it hugely hypocritically that we condemn actions like this overseas but when our people do it its "ehh shrug of the sholder". What bull**** what this is.
    Arab Spring, American Autumn (I WILL NOT MOVE: A Short Film) - YouTube
    These protesters were blocking the entrance to a bank, which other free people wanted to enter.

    Do protesters rights supersede the rest of the US citizens?

  5. #5
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    These protesters were blocking the entrance to a bank, which other free people wanted to enter.

    Do protesters rights supersede the rest of the US citizens?
    Its not about her actions if they were blocking an entrance. Its about was it or was it not excessive force? I fail to see how this was not excessive force.


  6. #6
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Its not about her actions if they were blocking an entrance. Its about was it or was it not excessive force? I fail to see how this was not excessive force.
    Well, the justice system disagrees with you and agrees with me.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Its not about her actions if they were blocking an entrance. Its about was it or was it not excessive force? I fail to see how this was not excessive force.
    Pepper spray is minimum force. What did you want the cops to do, buy her dinner?

  8. #8
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Police officer named in excessive force suit says she felt 'under attack' by Occupy Portland protesters

    "We were under attack by the crowd," said Officer Doris Paisley. "There were projectiles that day."
    Sorry, I cannot feel sorry for anyone who is part of a mob, that violates other people's rights.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Pepper spray is minimum force. What did you want the cops to do, buy her dinner?
    Maybe they want them to use lethal force, so they have more to complain about...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Pepper spray jury rules against Nichols

    Seriously I can't think of anything less agressive than pepper spray.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •