Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126

Thread: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    LOL. There you go again leftist, trashing the constitution, trashing a mans rights and you don't even know where he got that information from or who he got it from. You just assume he did it all by himself, you assume the information he released met the legal requirements to be classified to begin with (lots of it doesn't but maybe you never had any dealings with such info), you assume plenty. Snowden would want all that kind of stuff to come out in a courtroom. The government wouldn't. Governments lawyers very well might have plenty to sweat about in this case.

    Juries do look at evidence and if just one member thinks Obama exceeded his authority or everything else isn't just right with the charges, Snowden walks. Why are leftists so ******* stupid.
    I stated I believe he should be in Jail. It Is MY RIGHT to say so. Seems you hate free speech righty.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I am stating MY BELIEF, I have a RIGHT to say what I believe. Are you saying I don't?
    Got busted on your previous false claims, still looking to pick a fight though. Interesting.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You really should read everything before jumping in and making an ass of yourself.
    how dumb is that? if you're going to make an ass of yourself, why waste your time reading everything? Since I was making an ass out of you, I read everything ...

  4. #104
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I stated I believe he should be in Jail. It Is MY RIGHT to say so. Seems you hate free speech righty.
    Are you going to back up your belief with evidence? If not, then this is not the place for it. Debate rests on stating a position and backing it up with reason and facts. If you refuse to or are incapable of doing so when your beliefs or statements are challenged, then they are irrelevant for the purposes of this debate thread on this debate forum. You are free to say whatever you want. We are free to ignore you or shoot your argument or lack thereof full of holes. Claiming that someone doing so is somehow an affront to your rights is hypocrisy of the worst degree.

    And come on, people. Name-calling on the first page?




    ...Oh, and Snowden is cool guy, the Obama administration basically said in diplomat-speak that they're mad and don't want to play with Russia, etc. etc.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  5. #105
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by thenextera View Post
    i stated i believe he should be in jail. It is my right to say so. Seems you hate free speech righty.
    lol....

  6. #106
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    how dumb is that? if you're going to make an ass of yourself, why waste your time reading everything? Since I was making an ass out of you, I read everything ...


    You replied 'true that' to a message that was shown to be a wrong assumption by another user. Sticking to something someone says that is later shown to be wrong isn't making an ass out of another person... Of course if you 'read everything' you would know that, so either you read everything and still go blindly down the road of stupidity or you lie about reading everything.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    You replied 'true that' to a message that was shown to be a wrong assumption by another user. Sticking to something someone says that is later shown to be wrong isn't making an ass out of another person... Of course if you 'read everything' you would know that, so either you read everything and still go blindly down the road of stupidity or you lie about reading everything.
    What? on second thought, never mind ...

  8. #108
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Snowden revelations force Obama's hand on surveillance program - First Read

    If government was doing nothing 'wrong', why have the disclosures brought us to the point the President has announced changes to the program?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #109
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,405
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And since that time you haven't mentioned ANYTHING about Bush? Sorry, don't buy it. There was PLENTY of time to make comments about this program. Sorry you lose again. You're display of partisan hackery is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Search for your damn self. Good lord are you really that lazy?

    If you paid even a tiny bit of attention you would know I have been critical of both 'sides', both 'parties'. They are both full of crap, and are more similar in the stuff they do than different.

    So yet again, your attempted assumptions are a failure.
    He's a Lib, and Libs tend to be very lazy. They expect others to do the work, and then demand to share in the bounty. He's simply a practicing member of Obama's Parasite Nation, and may I add... he claims to be a representative of that morass.
    Last edited by zimmer; 08-10-13 at 08:19 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama Cancels Meeting with Russia's Putin over Snowden Decision.....

    Oh, you aint going to believe this one. Obama is bloviating mix success with Putin. Which was done by Obama getting in front of the Camera so he could come back and diss Putin more appropriately. Which Obama did. Calling Putin a bored looking kid that's sitting in the back of the class. Telling him look at us with a broad view and not as an enemy. this was released 4hrs ago. Think Putin will want to say something back to Obama now. Anyone else besides Obama think Putin is a Slouchy bored Kid that was always sitting in the back of the class?

    One thing is for certain.....Obama and Kerry sure do like to talk a lot without saying much of anything concerning this alleged mixed success that the article started talking about. Yeah we can agree that we will be disagreeing and all that. Not much of a success, really!

    Obama cites 'mixed success' in dealing with Putin.....



    President Barack Obama says he's had mixed success in persuading Russian President Vladimir Putin to think "forward as opposed to backward" on a variety of issues and is reassessing the U.S.-Russia relationship.

    While senior officials from the two countries met at the State Department, Obama told reporters at a news conference Friday that Putin's return to the Kremlin last year had brought about "more rhetoric on the Russian side that was anti-American, that played into some of the old stereotypes about the Cold War contest between the United States and Russia."

    "I've encouraged Mr. Putin to think forward as opposed to backward on those issues, with mixed success," he said.

    Obama told reporters that he decided not to attend a summit with Putin planned next month for Moscow because "Russia has not moved" on a range of issues where the U.S. would like to see progress. He said his unhappiness with Russia granting temporary asylum to National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden was one reason, but not the only one, for his decision.

    "I think the latest episode is just one more in a number of emerging differences that we've seen over the last several months around Syria, around human rights issues where, you know, it is probably appropriate for us to take a pause, reassess where it is that Russia's going, what our core interests are, and calibrate the relationship so that we're doing things that are good for the United States and, hopefully, good for Russia," Obama said.....snip~

    Obama cites 'mixed success' in dealing with Putin

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •