Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

  1. #21
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So What ?!! My Grandfather was dropped in France behind the German lines on D-Day, lost and injured for 2 days until he met up with another Para-trooper. He told me to never apologize for being who you are and to always have pride in your Country, a Country that has sacrificed so much in the pursuit of freedom. Oh and there is NOTHING more cowardly than apologizing for your Country before you land in another.

    It's too bad that weakness has been pushed onto you.


    Hell yes they're proud. I grew a brain, a sentient being who didn't follow lockstep and blindly in their or my siblings footsteps. I could have easily gone down the Ivy League Road but imagine going around agreeing with people like you.

    And NO, I don't think your Ivy League educated, you just share some of the delusions of pent up isolated Professors who live in a vacuum.
    You remind me of a well known pretentious poster on this forum... only instead of pretending you have an amazing life, you pretend you could have had an amazing life and just chose a ****tier one.

    To the mods: Gig me boys.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue



    As somebody who travels quite extensively on a monthly basis, I hate tourists. Not all "tourists" are the same. Some are "travelers". They show respect for the local culture, try to enjoy the country in an observer's capacity. Then there are "sight seers". These are the ones who walk around with their wives and kids touching everything they see. They show no respect for the locals and basically take a giant dump on the culture. I hope the Italians charge them for the repairs.
    Old news but still funny...

    At least the finger was a "restored" finger...

    Either way "oops."

  3. #23
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,837

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue



    As somebody who travels quite extensively on a monthly basis, I hate tourists. Not all "tourists" are the same. Some are "travelers". They show respect for the local culture, try to enjoy the country in an observer's capacity. Then there are "sight seers". These are the ones who walk around with their wives and kids touching everything they see. They show no respect for the locals and basically take a giant dump on the culture. I hope the Italians charge them for the repairs.
    I went on my honeymoon to South Mexico and did a 10 day tour bus travel across the Yucatan visiting loads of Mayan ruins. Was awesome. There was this dingbat older wench that was that kind of tourist. At Teotihuacan ruins, they had painting on the walls that were not exposed to sunlight that kept their color. The light was dim in there which is why it preserved so well and they kept repeating, "do not use flash" and when the guide walked off this lady told her husband to take a picture and use flash, which he did, then she played dumb like she didn't hear them say not to. It's not often I have the urge to punch an old lady but that was definitely one of times where I felt like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #24
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,837

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    So What ?!! My Grandfather was dropped in France behind the German lines on D-Day, lost and injured for 2 days until he met up with another Para-trooper. He told me to never apologize for being who you are and to always have pride in your Country, a Country that has sacrificed so much in the pursuit of freedom. Oh and there is NOTHING more cowardly than apologizing for your Country before you land in another.

    It's too bad that weakness has been pushed onto you.



    Hell yes they're proud. I grew a brain, a sentient being who didn't follow lockstep and blindly in their or my siblings footsteps. I could have easily gone down the Ivy League Road but imagine going around agreeing with people like you.
    Well my pappy was the first man to take a **** on the moon just before he scrambled eggs on Mars all after he had snuck in that bunker and shot Hitler and bitch-slapped Eva Braun. Why the hell not? It's the interwebs and there clearly ain't no embellishing on the interwebs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I went on my honeymoon to South Mexico and did a 10 day tour bus travel across the Yucatan visiting loads of Mayan ruins. Was awesome. There was this dingbat older wench that was that kind of tourist. At Teotihuacan ruins, they had painting on the walls that were not exposed to sunlight that kept their color. The light was dim in there which is why it preserved so well and they kept repeating, "do not use flash" and when the guide walked off this lady told her husband to take a picture and use flash, which he did, then she played dumb like she didn't hear them say not to. It's not often I have the urge to punch an old lady but that was definitely one of times where I felt like it.
    Despite what you may think about me I'm a junky for Anthropology, Archeology and Geology (did I cover enough "ology")

    I would love to go to the jungles of South America..

    Beyond the obvious ruins, I have always been fascinated by "uncontacted tribes" - I suppose the Sentinelese island people baffle me (which are obviously not part of South America) and I would love to see them uncontacted tribes and traditions first hand...

    I feel kinda bad though because they're treated as zoo animals. To the typical they're a minor curiosity but ..........

    I don't even know why I'm digressing - waay off topic..

  6. #26
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Who said anything about Americans? Stop
    trying to sound smart and read my post again. It'll do you some good.
    It's your ridiculous thread isn't it ?

    Everytime I start a thread I'm allowed to title it.

    Did you type that title out ?

    I meam C'mon, you can't be that out of it can you ?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You remind me of a well known
    pretentious poster on this forum... only instead of pretending you have an amazing life, you pretend you could have had an amazing life and just chose a ****tier one.

    To the mods: Gig me boys.
    Now I'm pretending ?

    Have any proof of that ? Or are you just running your mouth like bubba was before I ran him out of your idiotic thread ?

  8. #28
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,217

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well my pappy was the first man to take a
    **** on the moon just before he scrambled eggs on Mars all after he had snuck in that bunker and shot Hitler and bitch-slapped Eva Braun. Why the hell not? It's the interwebs and there clearly ain't no embellishing on the interwebs.
    It's common knowledge that most on this forum believe you were hatched.

    So you can stop with your nonsense.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    I have to admit, I am a toucher of things I am told not to touch. It is as spiteful as an adult can be without being a criminal

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: D'oh! American tourist accidentally snaps finger off medieval Italian statue

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Now I'm pretending ?
    Yes.

    567890
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •