Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 232

Thread: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016 [W:72]

  1. #71
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Artevelde View Post
    Not really surprising. She's a polarizing figure, which means there are relatively many people strongly supporting her and many people vehemently opposing her.
    That's a fair statement....You know there was a time when even as a conservative, I would have told you that I thought that Hillary wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen to this country, then she talked about this;



    Ok, but what is an "early 20th century progressive"? People don't know. All they know is how that word sounds wonderful, I mean who wouldn't like 'progress' right? What's the alternative? to be a "re-gressive"?

    Words have meaning:

    It's not surprising. Hillary Clinton, like her husband, always has been about obfuscation, about hiding true agendas, about sowing confusion in the minds of prospective voters about her real intentions, because she knows the American people would never follow her or elect her if they understood who she is and where she wants to take America.

    Yet what no one else has observed with regard to this quote is what it actually reveals about Hillary. It relates directly to Hillary's political roots and her recently released Wellesley thesis on her radical hero, Saul Alinsky.

    While Hillary may defend liberalism today, I don't think she ever considered herself one. Having some firsthand familiarity with the "New Left" of which Hillary was a part in the 1960s, I can tell you the radicals of that movement had no use for liberals. Liberals were sellouts to them. Liberals were at best "useful idiots." Liberals were people who could not be found when the going got tough. That's the way Hillary and her hero, Saul Alinsky, viewed liberals.


    It was the same way the "Old Left" — the Communist Party — viewed liberals.

    In her thesis, Hillary quoted Alinsky as explaining the difference between a liberal and a radical: "The liberal refuses to fight for the goals he professes."

    I'm sure Hillary still sees herself today as a "radical." But she could never use that term and remain a viable politician. So she has adopted another term — "progressive" — which means the same thing to those in the know. This is the favored term of the Communist Party, too. They don't call themselves liberals, either. They call themselves "progressives." They always have. Nothing has changed.

    In fact, who were the leaders of the Progressive Movement of the early 20th century with whom Hillary so closely identifies? Among the most notable leaders were W.E.B. Du Bois, a Communist Party member, and Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood and an advocate of racial eugenics, an idea that inspired Adolf Hitler to kill six million Jews. I don't exaggerate. These are people and ideas that get Hillary's adrenaline pumping.

    Hillary is being honest when she says she's a "progressive" and not a liberal. Seldom have I witnessed such candor from her. At the same time, in her soft defense of liberalism, she does resort to spin.

    She suggests liberals somehow have gotten a bad rap. She doesn't explain how, but liberals have become misunderstood as promoting big government and not standing up for individual freedom.

    Let's be clear: There is no misunderstanding about modern liberals. They simply are being judged by their words and deeds. Liberals dominated the American political scene for a generation, and people were able to see for themselves how they governed and what they actually believed.

    "Liberals," in today's parlance, see government action as the first step toward solving any problem. How else should they be understood except as proponents of big government?

    Yet be warned because "progressives" of the Hillary stripe will, if given the opportunity, put liberals to shame when it comes to nationalizing every remaining aspect of American private life.

    What Is a Progressive? by Joseph Farah on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016

    Moderator's Warning:
    Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016 [W:72]The Baiting and Flaming in this thread needs to end or action will be taken

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, you fail at trying as hard as you can in trying to deflect the thread topic into a discussion about republicans....This isn't about the repub potential field, if you want to talk about that then start your own thread.
    Look, j-mac, you were clearly attempting to the results of the Rasmussen poll to favor the results you'd like them to be, but the opening line to the poll's summary towhich you linked to in your OP clearly spells out who is the leading Democratic presidential candidate for 2016. And that person is Hillary R. Clinton.

    From the Rasmussen Report:

    Hillary Clinton is the Democrat voters most want to see win her party’s presidential nomination in 2016and least want to see win that nomination, too. Among Democrats, she’s the overwhelming favorite.

    A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 63% of Likely Democratic Voters would choose Clinton if the 2016 Democratic presidential primary were held in their state today.
    It's that portion highlighted in red that you want to bring to people's attention. The way you - and the author of the article - want people to view the results is that potential Democrat voters have this "love/hate" thing going for Hillary. And that's not true.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  4. #74
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Look, j-mac, you were clearly attempting to the results of the Rasmussen poll to favor the results you'd like them to be, but the opening line to the poll's summary towhich you linked to in your OP clearly spells out who is the leading Democratic presidential candidate for 2016. And that person is Hillary R. Clinton.

    From the Rasmussen Report:



    It's that portion highlighted in red that you want to bring to people's attention. The way you - and the author of the article - want people to view the results is that potential Democrat voters have this "love/hate" thing going for Hillary. And that's not true.
    Oh, but I think there is a sort of Love/Hate thing there...Just as with Republicans that would be in place if Jeb Bush were to throw his hat in on that side of the isle....

    See, on the one hand you have a totally recognizable name for the sheeple to rally around, but to those in the know, are we not tired of this repeating cycle of ordained elites in American political life?

    I know I am...The talk of Bush running, just makes me shake my head....

    Look, if/when Hillary throws her hat in again, she will be the nominee, that much I know....And so does anyone else that even has a pulse. I am just saying that it would be horrible for the country.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #75
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, but I think there is a sort of Love/Hate thing there...Just as with Republicans that would be in place if Jeb Bush were to throw his hat in on that side of the isle....

    See, on the one hand you have a totally recognizable name for the sheeple to rally around, but to those in the know, are we not tired of this repeating cycle of ordained elites in American political life?

    I know I am...The talk of Bush running, just makes me shake my head....

    Look, if/when Hillary throws her hat in again, she will be the nominee, that much I know....And so does anyone else that even has a pulse. I am just saying that it would be horrible for the country.
    Well, no. There is zero evidence that democrats will not happily rally around the candidate we choose 3 years from now. You are having a rough thread here, first distorting poll results by only showing what you wanted seen, then complaining when others made the exact comparison you did but with all the facts, and now wildly extrapolating based on no evidence beyond your will to believe.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016 [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And here I thought repub's were having trouble with splits it their party....Demo's seem to be conflicted even within their own thoughts....
    Clinton isn't radical enough for modern democrats and progressives.

    They want a Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi, maybe a Jesse Jackson......

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016 [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Clinton isn't radical enough for modern democrats and progressives.

    They want a Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi, maybe a Jesse Jackson......
    Clearly because the poll shows a moderate as the leader. The clintons are far from the radical left.

  8. #78
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    .Please give us an easy target for 2016....
    Lord knows you need it. You couldn't even beat a black muslim gay communist socialist that was trying to destroy the country in 2008 and 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016 [W:72]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Clearly because the poll shows a moderate as the leader. The clintons are far from the radical left.
    You don't know what a moderate is.....

    Anyone who believes it's the governments obligation and duty to play "nanny" to the US populace (as democrats do) is in no way a "moderate."

  10. #80
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Hillary Clinton tops list of Dems voters don't want in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, no. There is zero evidence that democrats will not happily rally around the candidate we choose 3 years from now. You are having a rough thread here, first distorting poll results by only showing what you wanted seen, then complaining when others made the exact comparison you did but with all the facts, and now wildly extrapolating based on no evidence beyond your will to believe.
    The thread isn't about me....I suggest you read the warning earlier in the thread, and start addressing the point instead of personally attacking people.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •