Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hey, here's a fun thing, instead of trying to tell me what you think I am saying, or doing, how's about you simply address the points in front of you. The trouble you are having is that you seem to not be reading what I am writing, but rather just as I have posed, you are assigning what you think is being said, and from what I am reading, getting upset because you think I am somehow slighting you, or "liberal's" in the process...This is exactly what I am talking about.
    oh, so when you say liberals are too thin skinned and take it way to seriously you are not making a slight? Does this sort of BS actually work outside of republican circles? I can understand that all the victimized old rich white guys might agree with your falsehoods and blatantly conflicting statements, but the other people of the world might find your claims that you brought this up and said let us see how they like it to indicate you had an offensive tone and maybe you can explain how that is not an offensive statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I guarantee if we were in a social setting talking about this, you would have already started raising your voice, and, or starting to show hints of anger in the conversation.
    No, I am not a conservative, and therefor i can argue without shouting down my opponents like Bill O. Of course, i might start mocking you and the laughter might become loud enough to drown you out, but like I said that would most likely depend on how often you wanted to offer up a poorly thought out amusing comment like most cons do when they are flustered.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This is convoluted, and backwards from what I am saying....Goodness. The article talked about a study showing that late night comedians were ramping up their jokes at the demo's expense in recent months, while during the election, it was the other way around. My pose, is that demo's will not take it any better than did republican's at the time when the roles were reversed...Clear now?
    Ahhh, so that is what you are complaining about? I have to ask because things tend to change when speaking to losing conservatives. So let us get this straight. Despite no freakouts and a job that insures a steady stream of some of the worst abuse imaginable from the opposition, something any national politician is going to face, and years of experience in dealing with it you feel that dems are all of a sudden going to start freaking out because the jokes are getting a little more frequent? You are not even saying they have. It is like the equivelent of someone asking if you are going to cry after making a joke. Only in this case the person is not a child and is pretty used to being insulted.

    Next time you backpedal try to pick a better explanation. I don't see any reason to feel that dems will become distraught over something they have faced every day, just like I do not see much reason for reps doing so. About the only thing I see is you thinking it would be really funny if they do, and that is not a reason, that is wishing. Why don't you make a post about it when someone does, and not pretend they are going to because you want to laugh now and realize waiting will probably mean you never get the opportunity because to be a politician of national standing means you have already walked through all the flames and insults without crying.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Why do liberals always view any disagreement with their prime directive as a voicing of victimhood? Is it because they are born with the victimhood gene and they assume all others are equally so damaged?
    A) I'm not liberal
    B) You literally turned a thread about comedians joking about Democrats into a liberal media slam.

    It's not liberals or even me with the "victimhood gene"...

  3. #53
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,607
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Perhaps all this is because Conservatives don't think anything is funny; while Liberals think everything is funny.

    Maybe that's why there are so many Liberal comedians? Ya think? LOL
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  4. #54
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,210

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    Perhaps all this is because Conservatives don't think anything is funny; while Liberals think everything is funny.

    Maybe that's why there are so many Liberal comedians? Ya think? LOL
    Nope
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #55
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Liberals can do self-deprecation, which is rare in conservatives.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #56
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, let's see how demo's like it.....My guess, not so much.
    I generally laugh at these jokes. Maybe conservatives just have no sense of humor.

    edit: except Leno isn't very funny.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #57
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I generally laugh at these jokes. Maybe conservatives just have no sense of humor.
    eh, maybe so....then again, I also posted how the President's own thin skin is well known.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #58
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Show of hands...

    How many of you "liberals," are offended when late night comedians poke fun at President Obama?

    I mean, I have been reading how upset you guys get. I just haven't seen any of you get "upset," with my own eyes. I mostly see them laughing right along with everyone else.

    So here's your chance liberals. Represent.

    Tell us. Do you get upset or just laugh along with the crowd?
    Damn that Letterman. Making amusing commentary about things that are going on. How dare he. Angry words.

    Remember how much people whined about their poor Sarah Palin being made fun of by those darned liberal comedians?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #59
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    eh, maybe so....then again, I also posted how the President's own thin skin is well known.
    Well-known by Limbaugh et al or actually well-known?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #60
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,106

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    eh, maybe so....then again, I also posted how the President's own thin skin is well known.
    Well known? someone hasn't watched the whitehouse press corp dinners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •