Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

Thread: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, I disagree...Although I do find that some have touched on it in this thread, saying that both sides tend to make dumb comments, or do stupid actions that gain the eye of comedians, usually it is liberals that are insulated from the bulk of the material....While at the same time, mocking, and joking about their political counterparts as though they have the right to make fun of them, but that should the butt of the joke become about them, they get upset, and turn quickly vitriolic.
    I am pretty sure you grow a thick skin by the time you are on the national stage and jokes and comments probably do not bother them as much as you think. I know you are trying desperately to make it seem like the liberals are complaining like crying kids because it makes you feel better, and you are also trying to make the point they do not get made fun of which tends to make little to no sense considering your other argument, but I am pretty sure all of them get made fun of and if they were actually snapping and weeping on national TV because some late night host made fun of them we would all have a good laugh at the person who did it, and they would never make it to the point of being a nationally known politician.

    i do have to give you credit for playing the victim and tough guy card in the same hand. Most people would not say that their side was the only ones being made fun of, and that their opponents were acting like babies when they got made fun of in the same argument. Perhaps you could pick up both of those cards and chose which one you want to play. Are conservatives and republicans the victims and are the only ones made fun of, or are the democrats crying like babies when they get made fun of?

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think you have mixed yourself up at this point...Might be a good idea to go back and re read the postings leading up to this one....
    Well, of course I am a bit confused. I do not see why dems are crying over something you say does not happen. You say the comedians are making fun of the reps alone, but then you say the dems show a consistent streak of being bothered because they are mocked. If they are not being mocked how can they be bothered by it? What you are saying does not make sense because you are romneying.

  3. #33
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I think the RNC should write a letter demanding equal or threaten a boycott!
    maybe prince rebus should issue a letter threatening not to allow them to carry the 2016 debates of the dying party
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #34
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I am pretty sure you grow a thick skin by the time you are on the national stage and jokes and comments probably do not bother them as much as you think. I know you are trying desperately to make it seem like the liberals are complaining like crying kids because it makes you feel better, and you are also trying to make the point they do not get made fun of which tends to make little to no sense considering your other argument, but I am pretty sure all of them get made fun of and if they were actually snapping and weeping on national TV because some late night host made fun of them we would all have a good laugh at the person who did it, and they would never make it to the point of being a nationally known politician.

    i do have to give you credit for playing the victim and tough guy card in the same hand. Most people would not say that their side was the only ones being made fun of, and that their opponents were acting like babies when they got made fun of in the same argument. Perhaps you could pick up both of those cards and chose which one you want to play. Are conservatives and republicans the victims and are the only ones made fun of, or are the democrats crying like babies when they get made fun of?
    Hey, here's a fun thing, instead of trying to tell me what you think I am saying, or doing, how's about you simply address the points in front of you. The trouble you are having is that you seem to not be reading what I am writing, but rather just as I have posed, you are assigning what you think is being said, and from what I am reading, getting upset because you think I am somehow slighting you, or "liberal's" in the process...This is exactly what I am talking about.

    I guarantee if we were in a social setting talking about this, you would have already started raising your voice, and, or starting to show hints of anger in the conversation.

    Well, of course I am a bit confused. I do not see why dems are crying over something you say does not happen. You say the comedians are making fun of the reps alone, but then you say the dems show a consistent streak of being bothered because they are mocked. If they are not being mocked how can they be bothered by it? What you are saying does not make sense because you are romneying.
    This is convoluted, and backwards from what I am saying....Goodness. The article talked about a study showing that late night comedians were ramping up their jokes at the demo's expense in recent months, while during the election, it was the other way around. My pose, is that demo's will not take it any better than did republican's at the time when the roles were reversed...Clear now?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #35
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hey, here's a fun thing, instead of trying to tell me what you think I am saying, or doing, how's about you simply address the points in front of you. The trouble you are having is that you seem to not be reading what I am writing, but rather just as I have posed, you are assigning what you think is being said, and from what I am reading, getting upset because you think I am somehow slighting you, or "liberal's" in the process...This is exactly what I am talking about.

    I guarantee if we were in a social setting talking about this, you would have already started raising your voice, and, or starting to show hints of anger in the conversation.



    This is convoluted, and backwards from what I am saying....Goodness. The article talked about a study showing that late night comedians were ramping up their jokes at the demo's expense in recent months, while during the election, it was the other way around. My pose, is that demo's will not take it any better than did republican's at the time when the roles were reversed...Clear now?
    Uhhh, I went back and read what you said, Tererun's response is in line with what you said... Maybe you guys don't realize how ridiculous you are sometimes?

  6. #36
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Uhhh, I went back and read what you said, Tererun's response is in line with what you said... Maybe you guys don't realize how ridiculous you are sometimes?
    Maybe, or possibly we are just trying to have an honest conversation without the center of every discussion being how repubs, or conservatives are the ****ed up ones, and gain some truly introspective thought from our political opponents....Think that could ever happen? I wonder....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #37
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe, or possibly we are just trying to have an honest conversation without the center of every discussion being how repubs, or conservatives are the ****ed up ones, and gain some truly introspective thought from our political opponents....Think that could ever happen? I wonder....
    or maybe you could - wait for it -
    laugh it up
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #38
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe, or possibly we are just trying to have an honest conversation without the center of every discussion being how repubs, or conservatives are the ****ed up ones, and gain some truly introspective thought from our political opponents....Think that could ever happen? I wonder....
    How you manage to play the victim card in every situation is beyond me.

  9. #39
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    How you manage to play the victim card in every situation is beyond me.
    such threads are begun with the gleeful 'gotcha' intent
    and when it boomarangs on them - as it invariably does
    their playful disposition sours when they (slowly) realize they have become the butt of their own 'joke' of a thread
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #40
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    How you manage to play the victim card in every situation is beyond me.
    Nah, you clearly don't like the discussion, so why further your participation in it?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •