Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

  1. #21
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    You've heard of the concept of projection, the next step to master is insight.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    While I appreciate all of my liberal friends taking the time to respond with the usual Alinsky style, and predictable responses in some cases, the tone, and vitriolic mockery shows me that in my short and tongue in cheek OP, I have struck a nerve...

    Obama has an amazingly, yet well known 'thin skin' when it comes to criticism. So much so that HuffPo even wrote about it....



    So yeah, when certain liberal Obama supporters in here try the failed tactic of making this about how conservatives have some persecution complex, or play victim cards, is really only cover for what they know is their own short coming.

    In fact, as personal, and anecdotal experience I can tell you of the liberals I know in real life, it is usually best to steer clear of talking politics at parties and such, not because they don't articulate their opinions, but rather because they usually get too upset to have a civil discussion in real life....

    So, my conclusion thus far is that the liberal progressives in here displaying snark, and backhanded insult, are only projecting, and thus really don't want to discuss anything, but rather just call names, and stomp off like children...I for one hope that they realize this, and get with the program a little.
    Glad you have a sense of humor. You set the tone with your first opening thread posting here.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    While I appreciate all of my liberal friends taking the time to respond with the usual Alinsky style, and predictable responses in some cases, the tone, and vitriolic mockery shows me that in my short and tongue in cheek OP, I have struck a nerve...

    Obama has an amazingly, yet well known 'thin skin' when it comes to criticism. So much so that HuffPo even wrote about it....



    So yeah, when certain liberal Obama supporters in here try the failed tactic of making this about how conservatives have some persecution complex, or play victim cards, is really only cover for what they know is their own short coming.

    In fact, as personal, and anecdotal experience I can tell you of the liberals I know in real life, it is usually best to steer clear of talking politics at parties and such, not because they don't articulate their opinions, but rather because they usually get too upset to have a civil discussion in real life....

    So, my conclusion thus far is that the liberal progressives in here displaying snark, and backhanded insult, are only projecting, and thus really don't want to discuss anything, but rather just call names, and stomp off like children...I for one hope that they realize this, and get with the program a little.
    yes yes, we know you are the victim of a huge conspiracy that never existed. When pondering why conservatives may get made fun of more than others it might be good to recognize this sort of reaction. The kid who cries and whines a lot actually encourages people to make fun of him because the people doing it get a reaction. It is the danger of playing your victim card a bit too well. People who enjoy tormenting others realize that you make a good victim.

    Oh, and I thought you said obama did not get made fun of and it was only conservatives who the media focused on. How could he have had such a reaction if he was not being made fun of? You are making less sense and have now completely contradicted the Op by claiming Obama gets made fun of.

  4. #24
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I would say more of giving the people who hate others a banner to rally around. It is great for drumming up support of minions, but terrible for avoiding making idiotic statements and becoming a stereotype open to ridicule. The dems do put more effort into an image of being reasonable and open. Because of that effort they probably have learned to keep silent on radical ideas and avoid saying outlandish things. Not that there are not loud mouthed dems, but that as a group they tend to not make the same amount of crazy as the reps who try to motivate a very hateful core. Hate is a great motivator, but it tends to make one stupid and closed minded.
    Oh, I disagree...Although I do find that some have touched on it in this thread, saying that both sides tend to make dumb comments, or do stupid actions that gain the eye of comedians, usually it is liberals that are insulated from the bulk of the material....While at the same time, mocking, and joking about their political counterparts as though they have the right to make fun of them, but that should the butt of the joke become about them, they get upset, and turn quickly vitriolic.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #25
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    You've heard of the concept of projection, the next step to master is insight.
    Do we all not strive for that?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #26
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Glad you have a sense of humor. You set the tone with your first opening thread posting here.
    Maybe so, but why should my tone be any different of those wishing to paint false pictures?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #27
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    yes yes, we know you are the victim of a huge conspiracy that never existed. When pondering why conservatives may get made fun of more than others it might be good to recognize this sort of reaction. The kid who cries and whines a lot actually encourages people to make fun of him because the people doing it get a reaction. It is the danger of playing your victim card a bit too well. People who enjoy tormenting others realize that you make a good victim.

    Oh, and I thought you said obama did not get made fun of and it was only conservatives who the media focused on. How could he have had such a reaction if he was not being made fun of? You are making less sense and have now completely contradicted the Op by claiming Obama gets made fun of.
    I think you have mixed yourself up at this point...Might be a good idea to go back and re read the postings leading up to this one....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #28
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,476

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe so, but why should my tone be any different of those wishing to paint false pictures?
    Then you are doing just what you are accusing everyone else of doing... You come across as just thin skinned as the rest.

    A little humor about politicians is good. We shouldn't be putting any of them up on this colossal pedestal as if they are godlike.

    It is probably true that most comedians may be liberal so that bias does come out as it does every stinking human here. But both sides shouldn't be so thin skinned as to accept some ribbing.

    There are limits and this is where the conservatives often get in trouble. The president and first wife are fair game but one should never make fun of minor children. McCain was a prime example of being an ass when he said "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno." That tops the list of truly assinine things for a mature adult to say about a kid. On the other hand I though both Bushes were good at making fun of themselves and taking it in stride.

  9. #29
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    Quote Originally Posted by Crosscheck View Post
    Then you are doing just what you are accusing everyone else of doing... You come across as just thin skinned as the rest.

    A little humor about politicians is good. We shouldn't be putting any of them up on this colossal pedestal as if they are godlike.

    It is probably true that most comedians may be liberal so that bias does come out as it does every stinking human here. But both sides shouldn't be so thin skinned as to accept some ribbing.

    There are limits and this is where the conservatives often get in trouble. The president and first wife are fair game but one should never make fun of minor children. McCain was a prime example of being an ass when he said "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno." That tops the list of truly assinine things for a mature adult to say about a kid. On the other hand I though both Bushes were good at making fun of themselves and taking it in stride.
    Well, I think at times we all can be a little 'thin skinned', however, I think you and I for the most part are agreeing from what I see.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Laugh it up: Study finds late-night comics using Democrats as punchlines

    I think the RNC should write a letter demanding equal or threaten a boycott!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •