Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91

Thread: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

  1. #51
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The occurrence of rape is largely under reported, nor is it falsely reported more than any other crime.

    These men were innocent till proven guilty.

    I am not defending what the girl did. Its obviously wrong and she is paying for it, but the system also has many rapists walking around freely and are never prosecuted.
    So that makes it right that these false claims go virtually unpunished, regardless of the damage they do to a person?
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #52
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,613
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    I remember this case vividly. It nearly caused race riots in the area at the time, with black communities turning on police en masse. And yes, Al Sharpton made it all about race. Al. Sharpton. I remember him being quoted as saying "Tawana Brawley is gonna make us the most powerful n****rs in the country." I haven't been able to look at that bastard Sharpton since without suppressing a gag reflex. When he was found guilty of defamation, his $65,000 judgment was paid by "his supporters", including Johnny Cochran.

    That bitch lied, and her family knew it. They were eyeing a multi-million dollar payout by the city, until all her lies were shredded. They are still claiming she didn't lie, trying to play the sympathy card. I know Brawley was only 15, so conviction and imprisonment was probably not going to happen, but lives were ruined and she still hasn't paid for her part in that.

    I hope the court follows her for the rest of her life, even garnishing her social security checks when she's a doddering old lady. This was shameful, people should have gone to prison for the lies and the cover-ups. Justice was not served.

  3. #53
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Youre lieing if you claim that I said this happened because is black.

    Having fun covering up for yoir race baiter pards?
    I don't have to lie. Here are YOUR EXACT WORDS, emphasis on the bold. Have fun trying to make excuses for yourself, but I think anyone with the IQ of at least an artichoke knows exactly what you posted. After all, they do have eyes.

    Amazing! You're sticking up for a woman that LIED out being raped. You know people were killed, because of her. Right? Oh, wait! She's black. Nevermind, my bad. I know why you're sticking up for her lieing ass.
    Now you are attempting to say that you never posted this? OK, so did the internet fairy post this, and then frame you for it?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #54
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,172

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And why not? It was always about race. Otherwise hustlers like Al Sharpton wouldn't get involved.
    That's fine! The story is definitely tied to race but it's unfair to say someone is playing the "race card" after you've already broached the subject!
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #55
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Which is the only reason apdst even cares. If it weren't for Al Sharpton, he wouldn't.
    Sharpton and people like him make the story relevant. They are still agitating, still creating problems, still creating racial tension for fun and profit.

  6. #56
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Nice race card
    What race card? Oh, I said Al Sharpton....obviously mentioning him is the race card


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #57
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sharpton and people like him make the story relevant. They are still agitating, still creating problems, still creating racial tension for fun and profit.
    No doubt, I just doubt anyone would care if it wasn't connected to a Conservative bogeyman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #58
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    No doubt, I just doubt anyone would care if it wasn't connected to a Conservative bogeyman.
    Thats just goofy. Being a race baiting asshole is not a conservative vs liberal thing and more than a few liberal posters would agree. DEFENSE of the situation however..that is a completely partisan position. Not shockingly there ARE more than a few people that offer the same fail based responses...as in...well...white people do it too! or its only a story because of politics. They just cant help themselves.

  9. #59
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thats just goofy. Being a race baiting asshole is not a conservative vs liberal thing and more than a few liberal posters would agree. DEFENSE of the situation however..that is a completely partisan position. Not shockingly there ARE more than a few people that offer the same fail based responses...as in...well...white people do it too! or its only a story because of politics. They just cant help themselves.
    It's because they support this. They love it, hence their attacks upon anyone that speaks out agaisnt it. A "Conservative boogeyman" speaks volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,450

    Re: Pay-up time for Brawley: '87 rape-hoaxer finally shells out for slander

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Because we know that it is only black women who make stuff up, right?

    "But...but...white people do it too!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •