Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 276

Thread: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

  1. #251
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,485

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Anyone who has run a business for more than a week knows you don't need a good reason to fire someone, just can't use a bad one.

    In Oklahoma they just need to say a person's services are no longer required... end of story.

    You can TRY and claim otherwise- good luck with that, the system is NOT set-up to support the worker.

    The threat of lawsuit is also dicey- first you need to have been fired from a company big enough to be worth an attorney's time and effort, next you need more than your say so- you really think the other guys will get fired over you?

    You need to be a rare commodity- truck drivers are not rare, I know plenty working under crap contracts with the dispatch company because there are lots of truck drivers around.

    Right! That's called a layoff, which means you have to pay unemployment.

    Ever hear of a "pink slip"?

    To me the editor being fired shows that 'conservative' opinions on what constitutes freedom of speech gets trumped by Capitalism's idea of 'I pay your wages, you make me happy or I'll find someone else'. The marketplace spoke- it didn't like what that editor printed, and demanded a chance if the business was to continue getting their hard earned money.

    What part of marketplace forces do 'conservatives' not understand?
    Funny how Libbos throw people's right out the window, when those rights no longer serve their purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #252
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! That's called a layoff, which means you have to pay unemployment. Ever hear of a "pink slip"? Funny how Libbos throw people's right out the window, when those rights no longer serve their purposes.
    What does the excellent liberal program of unemployment have to do with this? Fired is fired. call it what you want you still are out of a job, and the boss still doesn't need a reason for firing you. (your thinking a union shop) Oh and an employer doesn't have to pay unemployment if he claims you violated a rule or are 'disruptive'- again who else in the shop will get in the unemployment line for at best half pay to back you up? Like I said the rules are heavy against a worker in a 'right to work' state.

    Funny how some 'conservatives' claim the rules that throw people's rights out the window are liberal..... ummm it is the 'conservatives' and red states that created these work place rules. Right to work really means right to fire.

    I NEVER said I agree with the way 'right to work' states are run... just telling you how they are run... you can bet your CDL I didn't support any of it.... (your side did)

  3. #253
    User ForcedAppeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    134

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! That's called a layoff, which means you have to pay unemployment.

    Ever hear of a "pink slip"?



    .
    Businesses pay unemployment insurance REGARDLESS of whether they lay people off or not. The only thing laying off people does is temporarily raise your rate (a percentage of total wages paid, capped at a different level in each state). Businesses do not pay unemployment, they only pay unemployment insurance. your grasp of business ownership and expenses seems to be lacking

  4. #254
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,485

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by ForcedAppeal View Post
    Businesses pay unemployment insurance REGARDLESS of whether they lay people off or not. The only thing laying off people does is temporarily raise your rate (a percentage of total wages paid, capped at a different level in each state). Businesses do not pay unemployment, they only pay unemployment insurance. your grasp of business ownership and expenses seems to be lacking
    When did I say otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #255
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,485

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    What does the excellent liberal program of unemployment have to do with this? Fired is fired. call it what you want you still are out of a job, and the boss still doesn't need a reason for firing you. (your thinking a union shop) Oh and an employer doesn't have to pay unemployment if he claims you violated a rule or are 'disruptive'- again who else in the shop will get in the unemployment line for at best half pay to back you up? Like I said the rules are heavy against a worker in a 'right to work' state.

    Funny how some 'conservatives' claim the rules that throw people's rights out the window are liberal..... ummm it is the 'conservatives' and red states that created these work place rules. Right to work really means right to fire.

    I NEVER said I agree with the way 'right to work' states are run... just telling you how they are run... you can bet your CDL I didn't support any of it.... (your side did)
    A documented firing prevents a person from drawing unemployment. As Forced Appeal pointed out, when someone draws off you unemployment, your rate goes up. That's more money out of your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #256
    User ForcedAppeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    134

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! That's called a layoff, which means you have to pay unemployment.




    Right there

  7. #257
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,485

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by ForcedAppeal View Post
    Right there
    Um...ok...lol!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #258
    User ForcedAppeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 12:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    134

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A documented firing prevents a person from drawing unemployment. .
    No, it doesn't

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A documented firing prevents a person from drawing unemployment. As Forced Appeal pointed out, when someone draws off you unemployment, your rate goes up. That's more money out of your pocket.
    I believe you mean- fired for cause, and the cause can be as simple as late, argumentative, slow work, disruptive. Easy enough for a company to claim and takes you weeks to fight. No money for you until it is resolved- might take months.

    Actually the boss's unemployment tax rate doesn't go up unless you fire too many folks too often. It is a simple fund all qualifying employers pay into at a predetermined rate and it does take a bit of abuse to change the rate and employers can fight the rulings so unless your boss cans folks on a regular basis he will feel no pain from canning you.

    Your final argument, now that we have determined the right to work rules are from 'conservatives' and liberals were not the ones to create this system that takes 'rights away' as you claim, your final argument is something like my nose made your fist bloody so I have the last laugh.

    The editor's firing, or yours for that matter, sends a very strong message to the others- don't piss off the boss. I doubt the editor or you will get the others standing there doing the slow clap as you are escorted off the property.

    When it comes to riding unemployment I doubt anyone sees it as a good thing. If you can live on half wages then go piss off the boss and enjoy the ride...

  10. #260
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,485

    Re: Editor fired for anti-Obama headline says bosses responded to pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I believe you mean- fired for cause, and the cause can be as simple as late, argumentative, slow work, disruptive. Easy enough for a company to claim and takes you weeks to fight. No money for you until it is resolved- might take months.

    Actually the boss's unemployment tax rate doesn't go up unless you fire too many folks too often. It is a simple fund all qualifying employers pay into at a predetermined rate and it does take a bit of abuse to change the rate and employers can fight the rulings so unless your boss cans folks on a regular basis he will feel no pain from canning you.

    Your final argument, now that we have determined the right to work rules are from 'conservatives' and liberals were not the ones to create this system that takes 'rights away' as you claim, your final argument is something like my nose made your fist bloody so I have the last laugh.

    The editor's firing, or yours for that matter, sends a very strong message to the others- don't piss off the boss. I doubt the editor or you will get the others standing there doing the slow clap as you are escorted off the property.

    When it comes to riding unemployment I doubt anyone sees it as a good thing. If you can live on half wages then go piss off the boss and enjoy the ride...
    In a courtroom, the company would have to prove that, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •