Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 480

Thread: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

  1. #301
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Chile had a decentralized government under Pinochet. Moving to a different region would have not gotten them out of the economic mess they faced. If we did nothing, many more people would be unemployed and the social safety nets would not have been sustainable. Mass unemployment and the problems it would cause is not the fault of people. It's the fault of a bad economy that was sustained by using financial instruments that help to implode the world wide economy.
    I am absolutely amazed at how you compare Chile's economy to ours. Are you in school now? There is no comparison in terms of freedoms we have, choices we have, income levels, growth opportunities. It really is a shame how little you know about our country and our economy

  2. #302
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Really? So BLS shows that? What verifiable site shows the results of Stimulus and measures saved jobs?
    Did you follow the link to the verifiable site that I linked to? See how easy it is to answer your own questions?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #303
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am absolutely amazed at how you compare Chile's economy to ours. Are you in school now? There is no comparison in terms of freedoms we have, choices we have, income levels, growth opportunities. It really is a shame how little you know about our country and our economy
    Really? Explain about the freedom thing. Who has more freedom? I'm curious to hear this one. Also, explain how we have more choice? Name one area where we have more choice? Please just one. You're correct our income levels are not so unequal as Chile's but our inequality index keeps rising as we become more and more like Chile. Also, talk about growth opportunites. Who has more and explain- You're just spouting off drivel unless you can give me some proof. Go ahead...list one from each category. TIA

  4. #304
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Nearly all states experience severe economic conditions as the direct result of the economic meltdown and not due to unions. What a major red herring. Without federal dollars many more jobs would have been cut due to the recession.
    Your assertion that more jobs would have been cut without more federal dollars is the only "red herring" . It's the same desperate claim from you people without any quantification, just your opinion as 5 years in you desperately grasp at straws to find anyone to blame but the one who's responsible, Obama.

    After the collapse, jobs had already bottomed out and had started to climb long before any federal stimulus was released, hell before ANY federal stimulus action was even mentioned.

    I tell you what, you go back to 2008 and find ANY Economist that predicted a economic collapse, that predicted more job losses if Obama didn't waste nearly a TRILLION dollars.

    Because here's what your President spent 90 billion dollars on. A greens jobs initiative to build a manufacturing base for a product no one wanted and that China could easily undercut our cost on.
    It was literally a 6th grade science project gone awry.

    I never blamed UNIONS anyway, but DID more than infer the hundreds of millions that wen't out to them was a DIRECT pay back for their support. The Collapse was due to regulations passed during the 90's by the Democrats that lowered standards for banks and for the GSE's under the false pretense of combating " redlining ".
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  5. #305
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Really? Explain about the freedom thing. Who has more freedom? I'm curious to hear this one. Also, explain how we have more choice? Name one area where we have more choice? Please just one. You're correct our income levels are not so unequal as Chile's but our inequality index keeps rising as we become more and more like Chile. Also, talk about growth opportunites. Who has more and explain- You're just spouting off drivel unless you can give me some proof. Go ahead...list one from each category. TIA
    Anybody can start a business in this country and you don't find that freedom everywhere. We have more choices because of that freedom and if you ever traveled much you would understand that. This really is getting old with you as you simply cannot admit you are wrong or that you don't know what you are talking about.

  6. #306
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Your assertion that more jobs would have been cut without more federal dollars is the only "red herring" . It's the same desperate claim from you people without any quantification, just your opinion as 5 years in you desperately grasp at straws to find anyone to blame but the one who's responsible, Obama.

    After the collapse, jobs had already bottomed out and had started to climb long before any federal stimulus was released, hell before ANY federal stimulus action was even mentioned.

    I tell you what, you go back to 2008 and find ANY Economist that predicted a economic collapse, that predicted more job losses if Obama didn't waste nearly a TRILLION dollars.

    Because here's what your President spent 90 billion dollars on. A greens jobs initiative to build a manufacturing base for a product no one wanted and that China could easily undercut our cost on.
    It was literally a 6th grade science project gone awry.

    I never blamed UNIONS anyway, but DID more than infer the hundreds of millions that wen't out to them was a DIRECT pay back for their support. The Collapse was due to regulations passed during the 90's by the Democrats that lowered standards for banks and for the GSE's under the false pretense of combating " redlining ".
    Good grief

  7. #307
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Anybody can start a business in this country and you don't find that freedom everywhere. We have more choices because of that freedom and if you ever traveled much you would understand that. This really is getting old with you as you simply cannot admit you are wrong or that you don't know what you are talking about.
    Dodging I see. Very well but you also have the freedom to start a business in Chile.

  8. #308
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I agree we would have most definitely hit a depression, but what makes you think we would be better off after a depression?
    BK is not the same for business as it is for private individuals. Companies that went out of business would have left a void that other more stable business models would have picked up. That is the fact.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #309
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Dodging I see. Very well but you also have the freedom to start a business in Chile.
    Chile has a population between 15-20 million and a 120 billion a year economy much of which comes from the state owned mineral industry. It is hardly comparable to what we have in this country so any comparison is nothing more than a diversion from the thread topic and the Obama failures.

  10. #310
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It makes all the difference in the world because it affects the unemployment rate. Discouraged workers aren't counted as unemployed so simply having someone described as not looking for work affects the number of people reported as unemployed
    But why discouraged and not all marginally attached or all who say they want a job?

    Is someone who stopped looking for work due to discouragement able to get a job? No, not until they start looking? So adding them in as unemployed makes the rate worse than it really is because you're adding people who could not be hired, while the UE rate is supposed to measure those who failed to get work that month not months ago.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •