Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 480

Thread: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I looked back to see if I missed a post, and no I didn't. The only numbers you gave me: "The highest unemployment rate during President Bush’s entire eight years in office was his last month at 7.8%, compared to President Obama’s low of 7.6%. Of course it really helps to have the state-run media on your side." which doesn't address private sector jobs (which was the topic). I gave you charts that showed public sector jobs vs. public. If you don't like my charts, perhaps, you don't like the facts.
    By the way have you figured out yet that 60% of all of the jobs from $29-44K were not lost?

  2. #252
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    I looked back to see if I missed a post, and no I didn't. The only numbers you gave me: "The highest unemployment rate during President Bush’s entire eight years in office was his last month at 7.8%, compared to President Obama’s low of 7.6%. Of course it really helps to have the state-run media on your side." which doesn't address private sector jobs (which was the topic). I gave you charts that showed public sector jobs vs. public. If you don't like my charts, perhaps, you don't like the facts.
    Do you not understand that discouraged workers are people who have stopped looking for jobs with most of them having dropped off the roles of the unemployed so tell me are discouraged workers who were once unemployed now not unemployed because they stopped looking for a job? Suggest you check out the Bush and Obama numbers adding in the discouraged workers. You aren't going to like the results.

  3. #253
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    No, your comment is a typical red herring. Part of the stimulus for states was designed to keep the states and local governments from laying off millions of more people or having big tax increases with the aid to education and health.

    I'm not addressing anything to do with shovel ready project nor does it correlate with my point. Moving along...

    Also, you keep mentioning GM/Chrysler bondholders which have nothing at all to do with topic. Another typical red herring. Moving along....

    Giving more tax breaks to private industry won't do a thing when many corporations are sitting on massive profits and are not hiring. Perhaps, tax incentives do give an incentive for small business to hire but I'm guessing that they will only hire if they have a need (as in customer base) if not, no amount of tax break will help. I say allow that incentive because it won't hurt. I would only attach that incentive with full time jobs.

  4. #254
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    He bailed out public sector unions long enough to get reelected. This was not a loan. It was the theft of property from those who created it to give to those who consumed it. And it did exactly what the Marxist wanted. It provided him support from "Paul" at the expense of "Peter" who has the good sense not to vote for a Marxist in the first place. It also dried up capital. Radical Karl wanted only the state to have the capital. Radical Barrack saw to it.
    Red scare alert with not a single real point being made

  5. #255
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    No, your comment is a typical red herring. Part of the stimulus for states was designed to keep the states and local governments from laying off millions of more people or having big tax increases with the aid to education and health.

    I'm not addressing anything to do with shovel ready project nor does it correlate with my point. Moving along...

    Also, you keep mentioning GM/Chrysler bondholders which have nothing at all to do with topic. Another typical red herring. Moving along....

    Giving more tax breaks to private industry won't do a thing when many corporations are sitting on massive profits and are not hiring. Perhaps, tax incentives do give an incentive for small business to hire but I'm guessing that they will only hire if they have a need (as in customer base) if not, no amount of tax break will help. I say allow that incentive because it won't hurt. I would only attach that incentive with full time jobs.
    Sorry but it never has been the responsibility of the Federal Taxpayer to bail out states nor is it the role of the govt. to take from those that produce and redistribute to those who don't.

    You really have no concept as to the role of the govt. nor any understanding of private business. You keep mentioning corporations when the majority of businesses in this country aren't corporations that do most of the hiring. Why do you care what some business does with its profits, they earned them, they aren't yours or the governments.

    Do you have any concept as to the cost of hiring? Why are businesses holding on to cash? How many employees have you ever hired?

  6. #256
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I summarized for your benefit. You gave me a data dump. Maybe you just don't know how to play well with others. You made the claim that jobs were dying long before Obama. I showed you that Bush had one month with a high unemployment rate. And Obama's entire regime has been nothing but high unemployment.
    Yes, I specifically stated private----Check back on post #174. Here is the exchange:

    My quote: Overall, during the Bush era, private growth in jobs were at their worst since the Great Depression.


    Your response: Really? So that roughly 4-6% unemployment for 7.5 years out of his eight was pretty bad? And the roughly 8% unemployment throughout all of the Marxist's regime is no doubt much better, right?

    The highest unemployment rate during President Bush’s entire eight years in office was his last month at 7.8%, compared to President Obama’s low of 7.6%. Of course it really helps to have the state-run media on your side."

    Now my response to you: Anyone with half a brain knows that's misleading because that combines private and public sector jobs and proves that you did not address my response in any shape or form.

  7. #257
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, no bailout was needed and I faulted Bush for this. In a private sector economy businesses fail and other businesses buy them out and succeed. Not all banks wanted TARP. I was against the bailout then and am against it anytime now. The problem with liberalism is that there are no consequences for poor choices and failure as bailouts reward bad behavior. Nothing has changed after the bailout. Many banks didn't even want the bailout but were forced to take it under govt. threats. Bush was wrong as was Paulson.
    Without a bailout, you would have much higher unemployment and resulting poverty.

  8. #258
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    By the way have you figured out yet that 60% of all of the jobs from $29-44K were not lost?
    You're kidding. I can't take your post serious.

  9. #259
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you not understand that discouraged workers are people who have stopped looking for jobs with most of them having dropped off the roles of the unemployed so tell me are discouraged workers who were once unemployed now not unemployed because they stopped looking for a job? Suggest you check out the Bush and Obama numbers adding in the discouraged workers. You aren't going to like the results.
    Have a conversation with Misterveritis. He's the one who posted that quote. I simply told him it has absolutely nothing at all with anything I've said.

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Red scare alert with not a single real point being made
    And yet you agreed with it up above. You concur that the government took nearly a trillion dollars of property and gave it to the states so they would not (correctly) lay off the public sector union members.
    This is what you wrote,

    "Part of the stimulus for states was designed to keep the states and local governments from laying off millions of more people..."
    Most of it went to make the unions whole.

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •