Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 480

Thread: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

  1. #161
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Where on earth did I hear that "nonsense" - in my statistics class'- that's where.. You ever been?
    Priceless!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #162
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Give me one good reason why the **** I would lie or would talk **** if I didn't know what I was talking about?
    Who knows! Your entire existence here can be highlighted in the bold.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #163
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That seems to be the problem with liberalism today, it creates a permanent group of long term unemployed who aren't marketable or trainable because of screwed up priorities. The entitlement society created by liberalism has created a dependent class and is almost irreversible. Too many young people today lack the motivation, the work ethic, dedication, and desire to take any job to gain experience for THE job.

    Amazing today what you see going into interviews for jobs that deal with the public. Too many have so little pride in themselves that they show up with an attitude that the company owes them something vs. the other way around. This is the new normal for liberalism, high unemployment, a dependent society that relies on liberalism to exist thus permanent power for liberals, either by design or a feeling that spending in the name of compassion is more important than generating compassionate results meaning less dependence on the govt. Where is that tough love when you need it?
    It has nothing to do with long term unemployed people who are not marketable or trainable. That is a simplistic argument. We've lost 60% of mid-wage jobs during the recession and only recovered 22%. We lost about 21% of low wage jobs and now have grown 58% of these low wage jobs in this country. That means less jobs for middle income workers and many more to compete for in the low wage range. That is not people's fault!

  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It has nothing to do with long term unemployed people who are not marketable or trainable. That is a simplistic argument. We've lost 60% of mid-wage jobs during the recession and only recovered 22%. We lost about 21% of low wage jobs and now have grown 58% of these low wage jobs in this country. That means less jobs for middle income workers and many more to compete for in the low wage range. That is not people's fault!
    You really don't understand leadership and incentive, do you? So we lost what you claimed, what did Obama do to regain it or replace it? Not a damn thing and in fact everything he has done destroys incentive and the private sector. Obama has no understanding of how the private sector works nor apparently do you.

  5. #165
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really don't understand leadership and incentive, do you? So we lost what you claimed, what did Obama do to regain it or replace it? Not a damn thing and in fact everything he has done destroys incentive and the private sector. Obama has no understanding of how the private sector works nor apparently do you.
    How exactly did he destroy incentive in the private sector?

  6. #166
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,271

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If you think the premise was accepted me as serious.....you go ahead and find the stats to prove your claim.

    That should keep you busy.
    No I never expected you to " accept as serious " ( WTH ? did you just warp into Yoda speak or something ? ) the premise that cities like Detroit could be compared to South East African Dictatorships.

    The glaring and apparent similarities are far too damaging to your core principles for you to take notice of what amounts to the failures of Liberalism gone unchecked.

    A Powerful Government controlling a stupid and uneducated mass for the purpose of extending power among the few. Call it want you want, but your side has been appealing to the lowest common denominator for decades.

    It's incumbent upon you to accept that there are consequences for your political party doing just that and Ill even help you see the obvious, no charge.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    It has nothing to do with long term unemployed people who are not marketable or trainable. That is a simplistic argument. We've lost 60% of mid-wage jobs during the recession and only recovered 22%. We lost about 21% of low wage jobs and now have grown 58% of these low wage jobs in this country. That means less jobs for middle income workers and many more to compete for in the low wage range. That is not people's fault!
    What are mid-wage jobs? How many were there before the start of six bad months in the Bush administration?
    What are low-wage jobs? How many were there before the start of six bad months in the Bush administration?

    Why, after spending an extra trillion a year (in slush funds to keep unions whole) for five years, aren't we in the most robust recovery every seen?

  8. #168
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,402

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    good majority of those 18 year olds I imagine are not working through the summer, are going to college or already have a part time job established
    Those 18 y/o can't get a job, because the jobs that they could get are filled with older, more qualified people.

    The unemployment rate is down because fewer people are looking for jobs, not because more people are working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    How exactly did he destroy incentive in the private sector?
    Why would any private business owner invest his own money or even try to start up a business today not knowing what the tax structure is going to be or what Obamacare is going to cost? Since you are such an expert why don't you do what you say others should do, take the risk that business owners take very day? As I stated you don't seem to have any concept as to what incentive is.

  10. #170
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    What are mid-wage jobs? How many were there before the start of six bad months in the Bush administration?
    What are low-wage jobs? How many were there before the start of six bad months in the Bush administration?

    Why, after spending an extra trillion a year (in slush funds to keep unions whole) for five years, aren't we in the most robust recovery every seen?
    The time period is from 2008 until recent and the figues for low and middle wage jobs are described in this link: How the recession turned middle-class jobs into low-wage jobs

    Overall, during the Bush era, private growth in jobs were at their worst since the Great Depression. It can be argued since the Clinton era, much of the productivity in the economy had to do with bubbles. Bruce Bartlett had a piece in which he stated that "Economists are still searching for answers to the slow growth of the United States economy. Some are now focusing on the issue of “financialization,” the growth of the financial sector as a share of gross domestic product." http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-malaise/?_r=0 and other piece done by Mother Jones which capitalizes on Bartlett's piece: The Financialization of America (and the World) | Mother Jones

    All worth due examination. As far as your last statement, unions have had the lowest level of membership since the Depression so it could be argued that this is also part of the reason wages have stagnated for so long.

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •