Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 480

Thread: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    So why is BLS lying about that when they say: "The unemployment data derived from the household survey in no way depend upon the eligibility for or receipt of unemployment insurance benefits."???? Employment Situation Technical Note

    And your own link exposes your false statement: Are you seriously going to argue that job leavers, new entrants and reentrants are all recieving UI benefits?
    I wouldn't say they're "lying" they're just lazy and partisan.

    Why are you even arguing with me?

    I have already explained the truth.

    If you don't want to believe it that's your fault not mine however, don't even attempt to imply I'm a liar to satisfy your own politics because you have a difficult time accepting reality.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    It's a big world. Seems experiences vary. I live in an upscale neighborhood (Kirkland WA) and have yet to meet a Tea Partier, in these parts. The ones I've run into are down at Lazy Acres Mobile Home Park & Coin-Op Laundry; and they're all pudgy-faced, toothless, cross-eyed morons.

    Go figure.
    I think I see your problem. You are not likely to find tea party patriots in the neighborhoods where you live.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    What's the literacy rate in Detroit?



    What's the literacy rate in Detroit?



    I don't waste my time trying to convince Obama supporters of anything. They long ago lost all credibility.
    according to this group the answer is 47% of Detroit's population is functionally illiterate

    Detroit Literacy Coalition | Mission Statement

    what are you trying to say by bringing up the literacy rate of Detroit?

  4. #134
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,350

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    if there election results that shows that democrats got 99% percent of the vote in every election in Detroit at the municipal level, then your claim of a one party dictatorship would have a shred of credibility. Can you provide municipal election results for the city of Detroit going as far back as the 1950s? the fact that no one can helps you make your claim.

    did democrats run unoposed for elections in detroit? any evidence you can provide to back up that claim.

    you are trying to spin recent events as the status quo for 70 years even though you cannot qoute a piece of evidence beyond the 1990s.

    as for your confusion about me claiming kevin orr being a dictator.

    considering Kevin Orr job is emergancy financial manager, a job that he was not elected to but appointed to by the govenor of michigan, is able to run the city by himself and without the citys elected council, and has powers that can used on his own authority without the need of approval by city council, who are powerless to act on behalf of the city of detroit as long as Kevin orr is in charge.

    that sounds like to me that kevin Orr has absolute power.

    and one of the definition of a dictator is
    Greetings, Unitedwestand13.

    It seems to me that if the City Council of Detroit had been doing their jobs effectively, an emergency financial manager would never have been required in the first place. When individuals file bankruptcy, is the judge a dictator when he requires that certain conditions be met? Why call Kevin Orr a dictator?

    Since it is fairly probably that Detroit will not get a Federal bailout, what else might be done, IYO, to turn the City of Detroit around?

  5. #135
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Where do you come up with this ****?
    It's simple math... Is there something you feel is incorrect?

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It's simple math... Is there something you feel is incorrect?
    Yes, and I have already addressed this issue....

    So why the **** do you ask again hence?

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

  8. #138
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,136
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Yes, and I have already addressed this issue....

    So why the **** do you ask again hence?
    I'm sorry, but I never saw any post of yours that showed that my numbers were wrong...

    All you did that I saw, was create a "what about this...." scenario in order to cast doubt on what I posted. The problem with that is, I did a comparison between Bush and Obama and that scenario of yours while true, existed during both of their administrations.

    So unless you can show that my numbers are wrong, I'm not sure what it is exactly you're bitching about?

  9. #139
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,350

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Is anyone else having "slowdown" problems with this site this evening, or is my laptop being stubborn?

  10. #140
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I wouldn't say they're "lying" they're just lazy and partisan.

    Why are you even arguing with me?

    I have already explained the truth.
    then you have a tenuous understanding. I note you still can't back up your claims.

    If you don't want to believe it that's your fault not mine however, don't even attempt to imply I'm a liar to satisfy your own politics because you have a difficult time accepting reality.
    You're not telling the truth, though, though you seem to believe you are. You have not and cannot support your claims. I can support mine: Monthly Employment Situation Report: Quick Guide to Methods and Measurement Issues
    Concepts and definitions
    Handbook of Methods

    And seriously, I know some of the people compiling the data have been at BLS a couple of decades, using the same methodology, but you claim they're partisan? What is your source if BLS is not telling the truth a bout their methods as you claim?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •