Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 480

Thread: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

  1. #121
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You're missing the point that the electorate decided as to which party it agreed with as to governance...
    so the people chose the democrats over the republicans. how does that make detroit a one party dictatorship?

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    so the people chose the democrats over the republicans. how does that make detroit a one party dictatorship?
    If blacks vote republican what happens to them

    How does the black community treat them

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    if there election results that shows that democrats got 99% percent of the vote in every election in Detroit at the municipal level, then your claim of a one party dictatorship would have a shred of credibility. Can you provide municipal election results for the city of Detroit going as far back as the 1950s? the fact that no one can helps you make your claim.

    did democrats run unoposed for elections in detroit? any evidence you can provide to back up that claim.

    you are trying to spin recent events as the status quo for 70 years even though you cannot qoute a piece of evidence beyond the 1990s.

    as for your confusion about me claiming kevin orr being a dictator.

    considering Kevin Orr job is emergancy financial manager, a job that he was not elected to but appointed to by the govenor of michigan, is able to run the city by himself and without the citys elected council, and has powers that can used on his own authority without the need of approval by city council, who are powerless to act on behalf of the city of detroit as long as Kevin orr is in charge.

    that sounds like to me that kevin Orr has absolute power.

    and one of the definition of a dictator is
    You're spending pages and page trying to deny reality. It's comical.

    Democrats owned and ran Detroit for decades. It's not a secret. Democrats bankrupted Detroit.

    Anyways, as an Obama supporter it's obvious you don't want to admit that, because then you'd have to admit that Democrat fiscal policies are all laughable failures. I saw a graph the other day. Obama's recovery is about 20% as effective as Reagan's recovery was. The only people left drinking the Hope and Change messiah kool-aid these days are low info voters addicted to Pop Culture and Liberal Democrats. Independents left a long time ago.

    Want your city, state and/or country to look like Detroit? Vote Democrat


  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    just because one side has been in power for fifty years you simply can't call it a dictatorship, especially when there has been plenty of elections in Detroit over the last 70 years for the republicans to win a election.
    Yeah I can when it's been 50 ****ing years.... There is no word in the English language to describe that type of control as anything but a "dictatorship."

    If it matters I don't feel comfortable using the word "dictatorship" however I cant articulate anything other than 50 years of progressive government.

    You do realize that Detroit has outlived many "dictatorships" - Iraq for one haha..

    Forget the word dictator - Detroit has CLEARLY been destroyed due to democrat policies - that is a fact.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    If blacks vote republican what happens to them

    How does the black community treat them



    You're spending pages and page trying to deny reality. It's comical.

    Democrats owned and ran Detroit for decades. It's not a secret. Democrats bankrupted Detroit.

    Anyways, as an Obama supporter it's obvious you don't want to admit that, because then you'd have to admit that Democrat fiscal policies are all laughable failures. I saw a graph the other day. Obama's recovery is about 20% as effective as Reagan's recovery was. The only people left drinking the Hope and Change messiah kool-aid these days are low info voters addicted to Pop Culture and Liberal Democrats. Independents left a long time ago.

    Want your city, state and/or country to look like Detroit? Vote Democrat

    I wish I could buy that building - I would fix it up and live in it. Too bad the democrats in charge would sue me, or those squatting would sue me or not to mention the property taxes....

    I could buy that building for its value in metal and concrete value...

    "welcome to my home, just take your shoes off at the door" haha..

    That building is awesome.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    If blacks vote republican what happens to them

    How does the black community treat them



    You're spending pages and page trying to deny reality. It's comical.

    Democrats owned and ran Detroit for decades. It's not a secret. Democrats bankrupted Detroit.

    Anyways, as an Obama supporter it's obvious you don't want to admit that, because then you'd have to admit that Democrat fiscal policies are all laughable failures. I saw a graph the other day. Obama's recovery is about 20% as effective as Reagan's recovery was. The only people left drinking the Hope and Change messiah kool-aid these days are low info voters addicted to Pop Culture and Liberal Democrats. Independents left a long time ago.

    Want your city, state and/or country to look like Detroit? Vote Democrat

    what does insulting and demonizing everyone who is a democrat, or supports ideas made by a democrat do to help you or anyone in this debate, or any political debate.

    what does insulting the intelligence of people who voted for obama or have supported his policys do to win supporters for your side?

    What makes any of your arguments automatically correct and all of my arguements invaild? the fact that i am liberal? the fact i am a democrat.

    are we liberals and progressive so evil and wrong in your eyes we should be insulted and jeered at just because of their political believes?

    have i insulted you or harmed you in any way just because of your political motivations?

    what are you trying to convince me to do in this line of debate of yours?

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    250k uptick since last July in people who have two jobs.
    I fully expect the administration to take credit for creating millions of new jobs over the next year, and they will. But they are doing it by destroying full time jobs thru Obamacare and opening up lots of part time jobs. My local O'Reilly Auto Parts cut all of their full time positions (except for management) to part time and then hired more people to cover the hours. So now there are 2 full time employees and 30 part timers. Did those who had jobs keep them? Most did, yes, but now they are part time instead of full time. Does the store have more employees? Sure but most need a second job in order to make what they did last month and only 2 have health insurance.

    Be careful interpreting the jobs numbers over the next year. Unemployment may appear to be down but so is average income. What we have essentially done was to redistribute work hours. The problem is at the end of the week most people are making less. In some cases that will mean more supplemental government assistance, just as planned. Making everyone more equal by lowering the bar is NOT progress no matter how the numbers are twisted.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    what does insulting and demonizing everyone who is a democrat, or supports ideas made by a democrat do to help you or anyone in this debate, or any political debate.
    I'm not going to play your stupid game. I'm not demonizing anyone. What is the literacy rate in Detroit? Can you tell me what that is please. Thanks.

    what does insulting the intelligence of people who voted for obama or have supported his policys do to win supporters for your side?
    I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence. People are defined by their choices. If you only vote Democrat for 50 years your community is going to be poor, uneducated, addicted to violent gang hip hop/pop culture culture, unemployed and totally dependent upon a broke Government that can't pay it's bills.

    What makes any of your arguments automatically correct and all of my arguements invaild? the fact that i am liberal? the fact i am a democrat.
    You're a typical Obama Supporter living in denial

    are we liberals and progressive so evil and wrong in your eyes we should be insulted and jeered at just because of their political believes?
    Oh boohoo

    Histrionic strawman much?

    have i insulted you or harmed you in any way just because of your political motivations?
    Your ideology destroyed Detroit and it's now destroying the entire country

    what are you trying to convince me to do in this line of debate of yours?
    I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince an Obama Supporter of anything.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,925

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    I'm not going to play your stupid game. I'm not demonizing anyone. What is the literacy rate in Detroit? Can you tell me what that is please. Thanks.



    I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence. People are defined by their choices. If you only vote Democrat for 50 years your community is going to be poor, uneducated, addicted to violent gang hip hop/pop culture culture, unemployed and totally dependent upon a broke Government that can't pay it's bills.



    You're a typical Obama Supporter living in denial



    Oh boohoo

    Histrionic strawman much?



    Your ideology destroyed Detroit and it's now destroying the entire country



    I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince an Obama Supporter of anything.
    the point of debate is convince another person to change their position or make a decision based on the soundness and logic of your argument.

    I have yet to see anything that you want me to support or agree to in your responses to my posts.

    what exactly are you trying to convince me into doing?

  9. #129
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    BBC News - US employment up by 162,000 in July



    The US economy added 162,000 new jobs in July.

    This was below economists' expectations of more than 180,000 and the government also cut its previous estimates for hiring in May and June.

    Nonetheless, the new jobs helped the unemployment rate to fall to 7.4%.

    overall positive for the US economy hopefully this is a sign of recovery worldwide.
    Didn't read the article very deeply did you? It clearly says this is not a sign of improvement. One of the factors you overlooked is the mention that "fewer people are SEEKING work" in the article. This does not mean they found a job, it means they have simply STOPPED LOOKING for one. The government figures for those seeking work decrease by several million who were seeking but have been trying so long without success they just stop looking. They turn to welfare, crime, homelessness, day labor, or whatever scams make a buck...often while depending on family and friends to live with and off of.

    It is NOT a sign of recovery. The US job market still has 4 unemployed seekers per job available; meaning even if every job currently available were filled today there would still be three times as many seekers still out of work.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: US unemployment lowest in 4 years

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    the point of debate is convince another person to change their position or make a decision based on the soundness and logic of your argument.
    What's the literacy rate in Detroit?

    I have yet to see anything that you want me to support or agree to in your responses to my posts.
    What's the literacy rate in Detroit?

    what exactly are you trying to convince me into doing?
    I don't waste my time trying to convince Obama supporters of anything. They long ago lost all credibility.

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •