Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 262

Thread: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

  1. #61
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Are you trying to say that these men and women who risk their lives for the nation in very risky covert operations are so easily bought off if there was real wrong doing?

    Seriously????
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    This is what she typed, sure looks like she is saying 69 agents are being bought off by holding their pensions over their heads. To think so many agents who risk so much everyday they are in a far off land can be so blackmailed.... she didn't stop and think who she was talking about.

    And while we are at it, just how does she know all 69 are getting the golden parachute?
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Exactly- no one knows what has happened to the 69 agents that were supposedly on the ground in Libya. She doesn't say ANY of that, just a early retirement and full pension hinging on their silence- as if these people who risk far more in a single day than most here ever have in their lives would NOT speak up if a serious wrong doing occurred.

    The fact is we may never know all that happened simply because national security is involved- NOT because a whole class of agents got retired to cover 'team Obama'. (and no oath of secrecy prevents pointing out wrong doing or talking to congress- they just can't Snowden.
    I had no idea posters could be this naive. Do you really think that CIA operatives aren't involved in things that break the laws of the United States of America every day of the week?? Do you think a CIA agent can all of a sudden contact someone in Congress to give testimony and not find their ass at the bottom of Lake Mead the next morning? Or a fatal heart attack by noon?

    They are doing dirty jobs. Lousy stinking dirty jobs they won't be telling their grandkids about any time soon. That's why their wives don't even know what they do for a living. Yep, they're brave. Yep, we're safer because of them. But they want to live, so they're pretty much going to do what they're told.

    This country has covered up more illegal and scumbag actions under the guise of national security than any nation on earth.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah.....see that's where you go back to assuming again. I don't play dodgeball.....and Never with Progressives. First off.....the building wasn't a Consulate. Second from the Beginning I stated Stevens was there for another reason. Which involved meeting the Turkish Ambassador's Envoy. Which the Turks had closed their Embassy in Libya. With the ouster of Gadhafi. So once again you aren't saying anything here, answering your own question. Second.....throughout this whole thread I didn't say anything about Planes other to mention that no one had brought up anything about planes. Or anyone saying something about planes. Another thing I didn't claim anything worth noting about the majority. Other than the fact that the majority out there doesn't think like you do. Actually the only one in here throwing out all the partisan comments.....about Right radicals, Right Wingers, and anything else that one can think of about those on the Right.....is you! As usual.....you do end up proving. What your screen name reads.
    Oh I never said you was playing with me, more like just playing with yourself.

    The compound was the Consulate grounds, the Ambassador was in the consulate blg. You originally asked if 69 agents were in the area why couldn't 'they' get the Consulate personnel help... course you have run away from that as the concept is throw mud and when it gets washed away just make more mud.

    From the beginning the whine has evolved- first the Obama administration just let 4 men die, then State just let 4 men die. That Obama was covering up his poor judgement, then hillary, now i guess it has devolved to the CIA.

    Oh many right wing ranters have gone on and on about planes, here there everywhere. Not just planes but gunships!

    No sir, you claimed the majority don't think like I do...that this is a crap storm for political gain by the GOP.

    This wasn't a callous Obama, an incompetent Hillary, nor even a scared Ambassador- but keep trying, though I doubt this affects 2014/16 at all....

    I ain't quite right, this is true, but I ain't near as wrong as you....

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I had no idea posters could be this naive. Do you really think that CIA operatives aren't involved in things that break the laws of the United States of America every day of the week?? Do you think a CIA agent can all of a sudden contact someone in Congress to give testimony and not find their ass at the bottom of Lake Mead the next morning? Or a fatal heart attack by noon?

    They are doing dirty jobs. Lousy stinking dirty jobs they won't be telling their grandkids about any time soon. That's why their wives don't even know what they do for a living. Yep, they're brave. Yep, we're safer because of them. But they want to live, so they're pretty much going to do what they're told.

    This country has covered up more illegal and scumbag actions under the guise of national security than any nation on earth.
    Oh I was around for Iran/Contra...I KNOW the CIA can and does break laws... THAT was not my issue with your post.

    That you used the very idea that 69 agents can be bought off with early retirement and pensions when the secrecy they swear doesn't just begin to start until they get the gold watch...

    Given yet another blogger claims that those involved with the Benghazi mess are being monthly poly'd so I think the 'reports' of a mass early retirement are as usual a tad off base...

    Just so we have it VERY clear- you think if these agents talk to Congress they will be killed????

    Seriously???

  4. #64
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh I was around for Iran/Contra...I KNOW the CIA can and does break laws... THAT was not my issue with your post.

    That you used the very idea that 69 agents can be bought off with early retirement and pensions when the secrecy they swear doesn't just begin to start until they get the gold watch...

    Given yet another blogger claims that those involved with the Benghazi mess are being monthly poly'd so I think the 'reports' of a mass early retirement are as usual a tad off base...

    Just so we have it VERY clear- you think if these agents talk to Congress they will be killed????

    Seriously???
    I think CIA agents are in danger if they're even thinking about going rogue. Yes, I do. What you are calling a bribe, I would call a reward. Of course I don't know that's being done.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh I never said you was playing with me, more like just playing with yourself.

    The compound was the Consulate grounds, the Ambassador was in the consulate blg. You originally asked if 69 agents were in the area why couldn't 'they' get the Consulate personnel help... course you have run away from that as the concept is throw mud and when it gets washed away just make more mud.

    From the beginning the whine has evolved- first the Obama administration just let 4 men die, then State just let 4 men die. That Obama was covering up his poor judgement, then hillary, now i guess it has devolved to the CIA.

    Oh many right wing ranters have gone on and on about planes, here there everywhere. Not just planes but gunships!

    No sir, you claimed the majority don't think like I do...that this is a crap storm for political gain by the GOP.

    This wasn't a callous Obama, an incompetent Hillary, nor even a scared Ambassador- but keep trying, though I doubt this affects 2014/16 at all....

    I ain't quite right, this is true, but I ain't near as wrong as you....


    Nah not even close or in your wildest dreams or fantasies. If I had to correlate it to something. It would be like a lawnmower and the grass. Which you aren't the Lawnmower, ever!

    Wrong.....I never asked about the 69 CIA peeps another brought up. So once again that you getting yourselfs all twisted up.

    Actually from the beginning of this thread it was about us Closing those Middle East Embassies and Consulates. So once again you are wrong.

    Your comment about the Right wingers and what they say wherever else doesn't apply to here as none said it here concerning anything about planes or gunships. Not in this thread.

    Yes.....despite your disagreement. The majority of the population in the US does not think like you do. That's a fact.

    This wasn't a callous Obama, an incompetent Hillary, Nor even scared ambassador what? Do you even know what you are saying or do you hear voices too?

    As you state.....U aint, which you wont get any disagreement out of me and most others. As for myself. I am not perfect. But over 98% of the time. At least I know what I am talking about. Which Can't be said for the same as yourself. Especially around here.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think CIA agents are in danger if they're even thinking about going rogue. Yes, I do. What you are calling a bribe, I would call a reward. Of course I don't know that's being done.
    You dance divinely... almost as well as MMC, now let me lead for a turn or two...

    WTF is 'going rogue'? you mean start their own agency? or change sides, play both sides.... call wikileaks?

    Since the Administration, FBI and CIA have all confirmed the agents can go to Congress at any time what going rogue do you mean?

    Since some Republican congressmen claim to know agents who were willing to talk before the great pay-off why don't they just go ahead and issue the subpoenas???

    If you think the early retirement is a reward what is this going rogue crap?

    So basically on a rumor of early retirement- even as the right wing bloggers claim the Benghazi crew is being subjected to monthly polygraphs- you claim to both think the agents are being rewarded AND you don't know what's being done???

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That sounds like an extremely stupid security plan, especially since the closure period is but a single day and has been announced in advance. Terrorists may not be the brightest bunch but they do react to our security measures, or the lack thereof.
    So if Obama doesn't take security measures the tea partiers blame him and if he does take security measures the tea partiers blame him

    Maybe the problem is the stupidity of the tea partiers.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,625

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    According to what I was hearing this morning.....even their family members have been threaten. Doesn't look good or Right.....at all.

    69 people there on the ground.....yet we couldn't get anybody there to help.
    oh yes you did say it... your memory is bad, looks like the lawnmower isn't as sharp as it claims...

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    oh yes you did say it... your memory is bad, looks like the lawnmower isn't as sharp as it claims...
    Nice try.....notice once again with what you twisted. No question by me. I never questioned it. But do keep up with what you are saying. Also I said there was more than 69. Which you at first tried to deny and then deflected with everything else under the sun. Until once you were reminded about Hillary testifying to securing all of Gadhafi's warehouses.

    Course that was you trying to say that most of the country thinks like you do too. But then we already knew it was the usual assuming thing you do.

  10. #70
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    *CAUTION: this post may contain sarcasm*

    Closing the embassies for one day will do exactly what to protect American civilians in those regions? Protection of embassy staff who live off-grounds?

    And, slam of all slams, rumored to happened on President Obama's birthday. But I thought they were his friends.....
    Didn't they always close all the Middle Eastern embassies on GW's birthday too?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •