Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 262

Thread: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

  1. #31
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    They left an embassy unguarded in a war zone. Nobody ever thought to at least evacuate them?
    No, they didn't leave the Embassy unguarded. But that's just semantics.

    Regardless, the CIA was not in Benghazi to be his bodyguard.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #32
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    No, they didn't leave the Embassy unguarded. But that's just semantics.

    Regardless, the CIA was not in Benghazi to be his bodyguard.
    I never said otherwise. I'm saying they should have had a security detail for the Embassy in the middle of a godamned civil war. If they couldn't do that, they should have evacted all personnel, since the situation was beyond US control.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yeah, Most with an ABC education would know CIA agents aren't soldiers. So your attempt at trying to explain in any way is a moot point. Unless you need it so, to explain it to yourself. Since it is clear you need to watch Hollywood to have some sort of idea as to what you can correlate with the CIA. They do what is necessary when it comes to getting out from a blown mission and saving others lives that are all part of their operations. Working independently of others. Just like they do in any war zone. Course if those from the political left wouldn't have avoided the Obvious and Clear Warning signs.....prior to that specific attack. Then there would have been No compromise of CIA warehouses and a Safehouse. Along with all those agents and operations that were taking place.
    Well it would appear you lack an ABC education as you asked if so many agents were running around why couldn't they get any help...post #16. You seem to think the agents could have formed a flying column and rode in to the rescue...

    I have a very clear idea of what E&E is, you apparently think hollywood antics are part and parcel of covert ops. No the agents don't just abandon their missions and cover stories on their own. As in a military mission you continue your part until told otherwise.

    Again you have no clue as to the condition of the mission. Just because a CO gets hit doesn't mean the mission ends. for all anyone knows the mission continued for sometime.

    The problem with most on the radical right is they make crap up to suit. What obvious signs the consulate was going to be hit? There was a CIA operation using the Consulate as a base- you can't just close it and possibly strand the 69 agents you have out there. There are dozens of signals of trouble, most never happen. risks were assessed as best they could be. but you think there was only one threat possible???

    It is armchair generalship to sit NOW and say-"This sign was legit and this one bogus"

    I think it is very partisan to think the Ambassador would go to the Consulate if the signs were any worse than any other given day when he walks out among the people.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This Sunday is Obama's Birthday.....The US is being Threatened that our Embassies in the ME, will be hit. This is all we are being told at this time. Other than it may go beyond this Sunday. Thoughts upon the matter?



    The United States is closing all of its embassies Sunday in the Middle East and parts of Asia because of a possible al-Qaeda-related threat to diplomatic posts worldwide, American officials told NBC News on Thursday.

    The U.S. has been "apprised of information that out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations, that indicates we should institute these precautionary steps," said State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf.

    A senior State Department official told NBC News that all embassies that are usually open in Sundays primarily those in Muslim countries and Israel would be closed Aug. 4 "out of an abundance of caution." Sunday is a normal workday in those countries.

    Sunday is President Barack Obama's 52nd birthday, and it's also the day Iran inaugurates Hassan Rowhani as its new president. But U.S. officials told NBC News they had heard nothing to indicate that the date was chosen for either of those reasons.....snip~

    US closing embassies in Mideast for a day amid possible Qaeda threat
    It's Obama's fault!!! He should have been born on a Wednesday!!! Hump night. Party and not do terrorist stuff!!!!!

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    This is what she typed, sure looks like she is saying 69 agents are being bought off by holding their pensions over their heads. To think so many agents who risk so much everyday they are in a far off land can be so blackmailed.... she didn't stop and think who she was talking about.

    And while we are at it, just how does she know all 69 are getting the golden parachute?
    Here is her whole Quote.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post

    Two weeks into the scandal, there was information out there that the CIA was running a gun operation there. I guess the "news" is that there were so many agents on the ground. We'll probably never find out the truth here. Sixty-nine agents given early retirement and full pensions hinging on their silence is tough to beat.....snip~


    Course any with common sense or was in the service would know about the basics and Classified Information over Operations. So if agents are sent out to pasture. They would be given their Retirement. Without having to ever say a word.

    Doesn't mean they are bought off. Also Could be that their lives are saved even more and they are out of the game, for good.

    As far as I know......there hasn't been any information to say if they have been moved to other operations. Other than what Hicks brought out with his testimony. Which involved higher ups.

  6. #36
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    I never said otherwise. I'm saying they should have had a security detail for the Embassy in the middle of a godamned civil war. If they couldn't do that, they should have evacted all personnel, since the situation was beyond US control.
    They did have security at the Embassy, but consulates are usually not as well guarded. It's also not normal for the Ambassador to be at a consulate for an extended period. For example, there's a Russian consulate in Seattle -- but it's not as heavily guarded as the Embassy in Washington, and the Ambassador rarely, if ever, goes there.

    It seems kind of fishy that the Ambassador would leave the relative security of the Embassy for a far less secure Consulate where the CIA was operating unless he was involved in what the CIA was doing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Well it would appear you lack an ABC education as you asked if so many agents were running around why couldn't they get any help...post #16. You seem to think the agents could have formed a flying column and rode in to the rescue...

    I have a very clear idea of what E&E is, you apparently think hollywood antics are part and parcel of covert ops. No the agents don't just abandon their missions and cover stories on their own. As in a military mission you continue your part until told otherwise.

    Again you have no clue as to the condition of the mission. Just because a CO gets hit doesn't mean the mission ends. for all anyone knows the mission continued for sometime.

    The problem with most on the radical right is they make crap up to suit. What obvious signs the consulate was going to be hit? There was a CIA operation using the Consulate as a base- you can't just close it and possibly strand the 69 agents you have out there. There are dozens of signals of trouble, most never happen. risks were assessed as best they could be. but you think there was only one threat possible???

    It is armchair generalship to sit NOW and say-"This sign was legit and this one bogus"

    I think it is very partisan to think the Ambassador would go to the Consulate if the signs were any worse than any other given day when he walks out among the people.
    No.....you misunderstood that's not my lacking education since you think you can assume whatever, while trying explain what you don't know about. Which is why you need to watch TV to even understand what is being correlated about with the CIA.

    Also You have no clear idea as to even how many are involved. The 69 on the ground are mentioned. None others. So once again you assume. Which we know what goes with all your assuming. So other operations were more than likely running even after the attack.

    Problem with most radical left thinking.....is they forgot the warning signs that Hillary's Dept dismissed. Which was pointed out in her own independent investigation, with their findings.

    Well that's what you think.....good thing the majority of the country doesn't think like you do.

    Not to mention.....McCain was already interviewed several times. Stating he had seen Stevens a week before. Wherein Stevens brought his concerns directly to McCain. Which.....there goes your theory about Stevens walk around and how things were being perceived by him.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Today mercenaries are just called PMC's. I think it's supposed to put a fresh face on the second oldest profession. I just remember seeing Marines at the Embassy in Korea and they looked like they meant serious business at all times. I figured they actually did something, since they were always in their battle dress uniforms, and not their Class B's. At least I think they're class B's. Short sleeve khaki shirt, blue pants, and the ridiculous hat.
    When we were training them, back in the heyday, we called 'em 'Contractors'. 'Ours' did a variety of missions- checkpoints, High Value Personnel Close Escort, High Risk Convoy Escort, Facility guard.

    Korea is a tad different as it is still technically a war zone.

    The Marine Security Guard consists of 1000 Marines for 150 locations. typical detachment is 5 men. Their mission is to guard the classified equipment and materials. (wiki)

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    It's Obama's fault!!! He should have been born on a Wednesday!!! Hump night. Party and not do terrorist stuff!!!!!
    Well, it's also the Party Night for Iran since they will have a New President.....but whats Obama's fault?

    Even tho its his Birthday.....they don't think al-Qaeda is doing it because he was born on that day.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, it's also the Party Night for Iran since they will have a New President.....but whats Obama's fault?

    Even tho its his Birthday.....they don't think al-Qaeda is doing it because he was born on that day.
    Not sure. I'll ask my al Qaeda buddies and get a bead on it. They're the ones with the Obama 2012 stickers slowly fading on their car-bumpers.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •