Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 262

Thread: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    I would imagine those 69 agents were spread out as nothing looks more 'innocent' than a large number of men milling around trying to look 'natural'...

    CIA agents are not mercs in full body armor and weaponry (battle rattle). They are spies not GI Joe. I also doubt many carried secret squirrel commo gear to be instantly alerted to the attack. I doubt many even carried a pistol. They are there under varying degrees of cover trying to accomplish a very risky, covert and in many places punishable by instant death if discovered, highly classified mission. They are subject to random search so ANYTHING from encrypted cell phone to sitting too close to someone 'they' suspect can get you killed.

    It ain't Hollywood, there is no script, no carefully choreographed 'fight scene'.

    I'da thought everyone who served knows- Mission First.

    One would think common sense would apply and Mission First.....becomes a secondary after an Operation is blown and safehouse compromised. Then an Ambassador killed along with others. While several others were injured.

    Course it would actually take one who knows what they are talking about in the first place. Rather than looking for a Hollywood excuse to try and correlate any logical thought into CIA Operations.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    One would think common sense would apply and Mission First.....becomes a secondary after an Operation is blown and safehouse compromised. Then an Ambassador killed along with others. While several others were injured. Course it would actually take one who knows what they are talking about in the first place. Rather than looking for a Hollywood excuse to try and correlate any logical thought into CIA Operations.
    Common sense???? I'd say anyone with any common sense would know CIA agents are not soldiers but spies. they don't train to assault enemy positions, don't have Bat signals to recall them, and don't blow their cover even under extreme duress. The mission isn't 'blown' until it is called off, and for all any of us know it did continue. In combat just because you CO bites the big one doesn't mean you get to stop the mission unless you are a coward or quitter.

    Any agent who suddenly flees from his undercover mission would compromise any assets he developed in-country. To just pull out means 'they died in vain' is often used by 'conservatives' as a reason to continue a war or 'nation building' aftermath.

    All removal of any coordinated attack, the CIA, and covert programs from the talking points could very well have been cover continue the operation or to get the people out without endangering their contacts so a cover story had to be floated- the 9-11 spontaneous attack one. those on the political right could have been endangering the lives of all those other agents out in covert positions looking to get back, finish the operation, survive the operation...

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Two weeks into the scandal, there was information out there that the CIA was running a gun operation there. I guess the "news" is that there were so many agents on the ground. We'll probably never find out the truth here. Sixty-nine agents given early retirement and full pensions hinging on their silence is tough to beat.
    Are you trying to say that these men and women who risk their lives for the nation in very risky covert operations are so easily bought off if there was real wrong doing?

    Seriously????

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Common sense???? I'd say anyone with any common sense would know CIA agents are not soldiers but spies. they don't train to assault enemy positions, don't have Bat signals to recall them, and don't blow their cover even under extreme duress. The mission isn't 'blown' until it is called off, and for all any of us know it did continue. In combat just because you CO bites the big one doesn't mean you get to stop the mission unless you are a coward or quitter.

    Any agent who suddenly flees from his undercover mission would compromise any assets he developed in-country. To just pull out means 'they died in vain' is often used by 'conservatives' as a reason to continue a war or 'nation building' aftermath.

    All removal of any coordinated attack, the CIA, and covert programs from the talking points could very well have been cover continue the operation or to get the people out without endangering their contacts so a cover story had to be floated- the 9-11 spontaneous attack one. those on the political right could have been endangering the lives of all those other agents out in covert positions looking to get back, finish the operation, survive the operation...
    Yeah, Most with an ABC education would know CIA agents aren't soldiers. So your attempt at trying to explain in any way is a moot point. Unless you need it so, to explain it to yourself. Since it is clear you need to watch Hollywood to have some sort of idea as to what you can correlate with the CIA.

    They do what is necessary when it comes to getting out from a blown mission and saving others lives that are all part of their operations. Working independently of others.
    Just like they do in any war zone.

    Course if those from the political left wouldn't have avoided the Obvious and Clear Warning signs.....prior to that specific attack. Then there would have been No compromise of CIA warehouses and a Safehouse. Along with all those agents and operations that were taking place.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Are you trying to say that these men and women who risk their lives for the nation in very risky covert operations are so easily bought off if there was real wrong doing?

    Seriously????
    Strange.....I didn't think she was saying anything like you are bringing up or saying.

  6. #26
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    [COLOR="#800000"]

    Course if those from the political left wouldn't have avoided the Obvious and Clear Warning signs.....prior to that specific attack. Then there would have been No compromise of CIA warehouses and a Safehouse. Along with all those agents and operations that were taking place.
    Not necessarily, spy operations get busted. At which point the primary task is to cover any evidence of it, not to save someone's life.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Not necessarily, spy operations get busted. At which point the primary task is to cover any evidence of it, not to save someone's life.
    Well....we know a few others were injured as well, which they still haven't released those names. Plus myself.....I think they (Team Obama) did a good job in deflecting that we were sending Weapons to Libya. Couldn't have that come out after Obama said.....NO!

    Plus Hillary testified they were taking control of Gadhafis Warehouses. (plural) She also Specifically stated Man Pads. Which again the Syrian Rebels somehow ended up getting.

    Also like you said cover up would be in effect. For all.....those getting out and for those who will be staying.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Sixty-nine agents given early retirement and full pensions hinging on their silence is tough to beat.
    This is what she typed, sure looks like she is saying 69 agents are being bought off by holding their pensions over their heads. To think so many agents who risk so much everyday they are in a far off land can be so blackmailed.... she didn't stop and think who she was talking about.

    And while we are at it, just how does she know all 69 are getting the golden parachute?

  9. #29
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Exactly. They weren't in Benghazi to be security detail for the ambassador, they had a job to do.
    They left an embassy unguarded in a war zone. Nobody ever thought to at least evacuate them?


    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Actually the Marines do not guard the embassy or the Ambassador. The 5 man detachments, headed by a senior NCO who reports to the RSO, (more than likely a CIA agent), safe keep the secured communications and top secret documents an embassy may have. When the Iranian Embassy was overrun in '79 the Marines did not resist as their mission was to destroy the top secret communications equipment, codes and secret files.

    The State Dept contracts with private security firms, which may or maynot be CIA operatives, for body guards. These are professional highly trained soldiers with a much higher level of training than an embassy Marine. (back in my day they were called mercenaries or mercs) Highly motivated these men fight and die under contract not under oath. For some that is a difference. These men were not aid workers or civil engineers, they were life takers- maybe heart breakers too, ya never know....

    So while the cover of meeting with some Turkish official was given, just why the Ambassador left the far better protected embassy for the well known as exposed and vulnerable Consulate for such a routine meeting begs for an answer I doubt 'national security' will permit.
    Today mercenaries are just called PMC's. I think it's supposed to put a fresh face on the second oldest profession. I just remember seeing Marines at the Embassy in Korea and they looked like they meant serious business at all times. I figured they actually did something, since they were always in their battle dress uniforms, and not their Class B's. At least I think they're class B's. Short sleeve khaki shirt, blue pants, and the ridiculous hat.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    So it was a mistake not to close Benghazi due to a supposedly-known threat but closing embassies now is a mistake. Interesting.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •