Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 262

Thread: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I will not parade my resume other than to point out that in those 34 years 18 were in the foreign field in eight different foreign tours of duty, during four of which I served as Chief of Station. Your recitation is wrong in just about its entirety. The Ambassador, as Chief of Mission, is always briefed on all activities conducted by all agencies in the country to which he/she is accredited. The SoS is likewise briefed on all activities world wide. The House and Senate oversight committees are likewise briefed, and that's where Iran-Contra went wrong. Congress had explicitly forbidden aid to the Contras.
    So you was CIA? Briefed or knows the full details to include possible threats toward the CIA op? I'd say the Ambassador doesn't know all the details, nor wants to know. I am not saying the State Dept didn't know the CIA was running an OP in Benghazi, State gave them the 'securing regime weapons' cover, am saying it was not part of State's job to secure the Benghazi facility- that was for the CIA. State wasn't running around Libya looking for weapons- it just made a good cover for Americans moving weapons around.

    My point is State didn't know a **** storm was about to descend on Benghazi. The CIA did a for **** job managing security and the Ambassador, most likely called to visit by the CIA, paid the price along with his 'IT' consultant and two CIA hired Guns. The CIA screwed the pooch, plain and simple. But sometimes the pooch gets screwed- FIDO. Who's head(s) roll is a CIA matter, not a public hearing Congress matter.

    What does rub me the wrong way is a select few never risked a paper cut 'conservatives' are trying to use this for political gain. Now even that is expected- not honorable but expected- but I doubt the operation closed down because of the Benghazi BS so there are still men and women out there and these asshats are running around flinging spittle in the vain and somewhat forlorn hope the GOP can both avoid a split off of the tea party and so dirty the Dems that they can't win more seats in '14 and so dirty Hillary she can't run in '16.

    When it comes to briefings I seem to recall many times the very select group of Congress critters who sit in on the briefings saying yes they knew about the program- but.... and the fun begins...

    Now on the Contras, my point is the CIA was running guns, drugs and men around Central America and either the Ambassadors knew or they didn't. That shows the CIA can conduct large operations under State's very nose, or the ambassadors aided illegal activities.

    See that is where this old grunt has trouble with spook-speak. Saying someone was briefed doesn't mean they have all the intimate details of the op, be it confined to the Ambassador in one country or the SoS looking at over 150 State/Spook joint houses called USA Embassies.

  3. #143
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    So you was CIA? Briefed or knows the full details to include possible threats toward the CIA op? I'd say the Ambassador doesn't know all the details, nor wants to know. I am not saying the State Dept didn't know the CIA was running an OP in Benghazi, State gave them the 'securing regime weapons' cover, am saying it was not part of State's job to secure the Benghazi facility- that was for the CIA. State wasn't running around Libya looking for weapons- it just made a good cover for Americans moving weapons around.

    My point is State didn't know a **** storm was about to descend on Benghazi. The CIA did a for **** job managing security and the Ambassador, most likely called to visit by the CIA, paid the price along with his 'IT' consultant and two CIA hired Guns. The CIA screwed the pooch, plain and simple. But sometimes the pooch gets screwed- FIDO. Who's head(s) roll is a CIA matter, not a public hearing Congress matter.

    What does rub me the wrong way is a select few never risked a paper cut 'conservatives' are trying to use this for political gain. Now even that is expected- not honorable but expected- but I doubt the operation closed down because of the Benghazi BS so there are still men and women out there and these asshats are running around flinging spittle in the vain and somewhat forlorn hope the GOP can both avoid a split off of the tea party and so dirty the Dems that they can't win more seats in '14 and so dirty Hillary she can't run in '16.

    When it comes to briefings I seem to recall many times the very select group of Congress critters who sit in on the briefings saying yes they knew about the program- but.... and the fun begins...

    Now on the Contras, my point is the CIA was running guns, drugs and men around Central America and either the Ambassadors knew or they didn't. That shows the CIA can conduct large operations under State's very nose, or the ambassadors aided illegal activities.

    See that is where this old grunt has trouble with spook-speak. Saying someone was briefed doesn't mean they have all the intimate details of the op, be it confined to the Ambassador in one country or the SoS looking at over 150 State/Spook joint houses called USA Embassies.
    The CIA has never run drugs, anywhere. The CIA never bears any security responsibility for any State Department installation. That responsibility falls first to the host country, and then to the Diplomatic Security officers of the Department of State.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The CIA has never run drugs, anywhere. The CIA never bears any security responsibility for any State Department installation. That responsibility falls first to the host country, and then to the Diplomatic Security officers of the Department of State.
    First the CIA ran drugs in SE Asia, and later Columbia using Panama as a transit point.
    Second you didn't answer my question- were you CIA- yes/no
    Third the State department had no personnel assigned to Benghazi- the CIA did. The CIA employed the dead 'security officers'. Benghazi was a CIA OP center.
    Fourth the CIA is always responsible for it's own nest and Ops.

  5. #145
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    First the CIA ran drugs in SE Asia, and later Columbia using Panama as a transit point.
    Second you didn't answer my question- were you CIA- yes/no
    Third the State department had no personnel assigned to Benghazi- the CIA did. The CIA employed the dead 'security officers'. Benghazi was a CIA OP center.
    Fourth the CIA is always responsible for it's own nest and Ops.
    False on SE Asia, false on Columbia, False, period.
    Yes.
    False. The Consulate was a State Dept. facility. The Annex was not.
    I won't comment about operations. The CIA never has primary security responsibility for any Dept. of State installation.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    God forbid anything to happen on King Hussein's birthday.
    Heya Dooble. Well.....nothing better happen even up to Sept and 911. What AQ and the Sunni will discover is that instead of Americans fearing and worrying about going on Holidays. That we will end up tiring of their BS and then they will just have Americans looking to Go Big Game Hunting. Which they don't even want to see any of that.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Heya Django. Thanks for that Update. So now Germany and France will also close their Embassy in Yemen.

    Fresh intelligence led the United States to conclude that operatives of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula were in the final stages of planning an attack against U.S. and Western targets, several U.S. officials told CNN.

    The chatter among al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula operatives had gone on for weeks but increased in the last few days, the officials said.

    Taken together with a warning from Yemeni officials, the United States took the extraordinary step of shutting down embassies and issuing travel warnings, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

    While the specific target is uncertain, U.S. officials are deeply worried about a possible attack against the U.S. Embassy in Yemen occurring through Tuesday, the officials said.

    Officials have told CNN that some analysts believe the threat is solely in Yemen, while others are convinced plots are under way in several countries.

    The threat appears much worse than it has in a long time," the Yemeni official said.

    Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula operatives filmed video of the building, which is near the U.S. embassy in Sanaa, and the U.S. personnel who were in it, the source told Cruickshank.....snip~

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The House and Senate oversight committees are likewise briefed, and that's where Iran-Contra went wrong. Congress had explicitly forbidden aid to the Contras.
    The Boland Amendment was a poorly written amendment that was open to interpretation and was easily for those Americans who refused to stop fighting the Cold War to get around including the Reagan administration.

    The Boland Amendment was just another attempt by the radical Left in Congress to have America surrender and stop fighting the Cold War.

    The big question should be, who paid for those obsolete Hawk and Stinger missiles ? Not the U.S. Government.
    Anyone who ever bought a six pack of Coor's back during the 1980's probably helped armed the Contras.

    But the Iran Contra "scandal" is history. It was just one battle of the Cold War and the endgame was, our side won and the left in America and the Soviets lost.

    I learned a long time ago that when you see something that isn't right but doesn't involve you it may be best to keep your mouth shut. But when it leads to murder, one doesn't necessary have to go public but be willing to testify under oath what he saw or knows.

    Does Col. Jim Sabow ring a bell ?

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    First the CIA ran drugs in SE Asia, and later Columbia using Panama as a transit point.
    Second you didn't answer my question- were you CIA- yes/no
    Third the State department had no personnel assigned to Benghazi- the CIA did. The CIA employed the dead 'security officers'. Benghazi was a CIA OP center.
    Fourth the CIA is always responsible for it's own nest and Ops.
    If you refering to Air America during the Vietnam War, they were civilian contractors not CIA operatives.

  10. #150
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    If you refering to Air America during the Vietnam War, they were civilian contractors not CIA operatives.
    Air America did not run drugs either.

    Air America - Official Web Site for Air America

    www.air-america.org/‎
    Last edited by Jack Hays; 08-03-13 at 06:30 PM.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •