Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 262

Thread: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It is not possible that the SoS would not know. That is certain.
    Doubtful... know an Op is going on, yes, the details most likely not as she has been around the possible scandal tree a few times.

  2. #92
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Doubtful... know an Op is going on, yes, the details most likely not as she has been around the possible scandal tree a few times.
    It is required that the SoS be briefed to a level that allows responsible policy coordination and direction.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #93
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It is required that the SoS be briefed to a level that allows responsible policy coordination and direction.
    So the SoS was briefed on Iran/Contra???

    Coordinate what?

    Direct what of a CIA op????

    Given all that was on the SoS's plate due to the Arab Spring and general unrest in Africa, which she testified to at the hearing 23 jan 2013, I doubt she knew more than CIA op and it damn sure is not her place to disclose anything more than that.

  4. #94
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,613
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    So we've told the world that we're closing 22 of our embassies on Sunday. Okay. What's to keep the plan from being pushed up a day, to Saturday, back a day, to Monday, or simply moved to any random day in the future?

    I'm not sure what I think about this massive international announcement, frankly. It just informed whoever was planning the event(s) that the jig is up, time to switch to Plan B.

    There's always a Plan B.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Sorry Charlie you do the passive aggressive wimp thing... I never said all. You are constantly changing what I say to suit your failed argument. The polls show a majority think the benghazi crap is politically motivated.

    You have to show where the SoS was privy to the true mission of the CIA operatives in country. You'll also have to prove the story she gave wasn't the official cover story to in the interest of national security.

    I have read Hillary's testimony before Congress- where does she say the 'they' were there to secure the warehouses?

    You source nothing, just prattle on.
    Sorry my name aint Charlie.....and one things absolutely certain. I would never do the passive aggressive wimp thing. Not even while standing directly in front of you at any time. Not even if you had a weapon or firearm.....tuff guy.

    No you said most with your polls. But failed once again to note that the polls have nothing to do with the majority of the population thinking like you do.

    Also no one need to show where SOS was Privy to the true mission of the CIA operatives in country. She already testified to Gadhafi's warehouses and Man-Pads. Moreover as SOS she would only need to speak with who was Heading the CIA or any That were heading up that which was connected to Consular Operations.

    Well if you read it you would have known where it was and what came up about it.


    Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington, before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Jan. 23, 2013

    Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified before Congress today that there is "no doubt" that the terrorists who attacked a BP facility in eastern Algeria last week were armed with weapons that slipped out of Libya, and that rounding up those weapons was one reason Americans were in Benghazi when American diplomatic facilities there were attacked, with deadly results, last September 11.

    "One of the reasons that we and other government agencies were present in Benghazi was exactly that. We had a concerted effort to track down and find and recover as many MANPADS and other very dangerous weapons as possible," she said before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, referring to man-portable, shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles. "The Pandora's Box of weapons coming out of these countries in the Middle East and North Africa is the source of one of our biggest threats. There is no doubt that the Algerian terrorists had weapons from Libya… So we just have to do a much better job."

    In the weeks after Gadhafi's fall, the U.S. State Department set up a mission to go into Libya and round up an estimated 20,000 MANPADS and other dangerous weapons, an effort that was based partly out of Benghazi and continued up to the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack there that claimed the life of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

    Though the State Department is at the forefront of the weapons mission, Clinton's reference to the "other government agencies" involved likely referred in part to the CIA, which operated out of an "annex" in Benghazi – a building Clinton today referred to as belonging to then-CIA director David Petraeus

    But in the case of Benghazi, another sub-group, Ansar al-Sharia, was thought to be involved and in Algeria, Belmokhtar's splinter group, the "Signers With Blood Brigade," took credit for the attack.....snip~

    Clinton: 'No Doubt' Algeria Attackers Had Libyan Weapons - ABC News

    Oh you read it.....yet here is ABC stating on the date of her testimony and what she testified to.

    What happened? Seems you missed all that testimony and even that part about the weapons mission to go after Gadhafi's weapons was Under the State Dept.

    Here it is all in Black and white. Pretty much showing you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about over Benghazi. As well as that you can't read Clintons Testimony.

    Which really isn't surprising coming from what you already admitted about yourself.

  6. #96
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    So the SoS was briefed on Iran/Contra???

    Coordinate what?

    Direct what of a CIA op????

    Given all that was on the SoS's plate due to the Arab Spring and general unrest in Africa, which she testified to at the hearing 23 jan 2013, I doubt she knew more than CIA op and it damn sure is not her place to disclose anything more than that.
    You are correct it was not her place to disclose anything. It is no one's place. Nonetheless, the SoS is briefed in detail on such activities. You are also correct that the SoS does not coordinate or direct the op. But the SoS coordinates and directs US foreign policy, and to do that needs to know what the CIA is doing.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Sorry my name aint Charlie.....and one things absolutely certain. I would never do the passive aggressive wimp thing. Not even while standing directly in front of you at any time. Not even if you had a weapon or firearm.....tuff guy.

    No you said most with your polls. But failed once again to note that the polls have nothing to do with the majority of the population thinking like you do.

    Also no one need to show where SOS was Privy to the true mission of the CIA operatives in country. She already testified to Gadhafi's warehouses and Man-Pads. Moreover as SOS she would only need to speak with who was Heading the CIA or any That were heading up that which was connected to Consular Operations.

    Well if you read it you would have known where it was and what came up about it.


    Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington, before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Jan. 23, 2013

    Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified before Congress today that there is "no doubt" that the terrorists who attacked a BP facility in eastern Algeria last week were armed with weapons that slipped out of Libya, and that rounding up those weapons was one reason Americans were in Benghazi when American diplomatic facilities there were attacked, with deadly results, last September 11.

    "One of the reasons that we and other government agencies were present in Benghazi was exactly that. We had a concerted effort to track down and find and recover as many MANPADS and other very dangerous weapons as possible," she said before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, referring to man-portable, shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles. "The Pandora's Box of weapons coming out of these countries in the Middle East and North Africa is the source of one of our biggest threats. There is no doubt that the Algerian terrorists had weapons from Libya… So we just have to do a much better job."

    In the weeks after Gadhafi's fall, the U.S. State Department set up a mission to go into Libya and round up an estimated 20,000 MANPADS and other dangerous weapons, an effort that was based partly out of Benghazi and continued up to the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack there that claimed the life of Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

    Though the State Department is at the forefront of the weapons mission, Clinton's reference to the "other government agencies" involved likely referred in part to the CIA, which operated out of an "annex" in Benghazi – a building Clinton today referred to as belonging to then-CIA director David Petraeus

    But in the case of Benghazi, another sub-group, Ansar al-Sharia, was thought to be involved and in Algeria, Belmokhtar's splinter group, the "Signers With Blood Brigade," took credit for the attack.....snip~

    Clinton: 'No Doubt' Algeria Attackers Had Libyan Weapons - ABC News

    Oh you read it.....yet here is ABC stating on the date of her testimony and what she testified to.

    What happened? Seems you missed all that testimony and even that part about the weapons mission to go after Gadhafi's weapons was Under the State Dept.

    Here it is all in Black and white. Pretty much showing you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about over Benghazi. As well as that you can't read Clintons Testimony.

    Which really isn't surprising coming from what you already admitted about yourself.
    Well you are an ace at passive aggressive online. The stand before you line is classic internet BS.

    I did read the testimony. the 'secure the warehouses bit was the question. You claimed she did that, in actuality she said weapons from Libya had already left the country and been used in other terrorist attacks. that in NO way means she ran the CIA side of the Op as the CIA doesn't report to State. the most interesting thing about this is who in State actually worked on the project? What was State's side of this and what was the CIAs?

    As far as anyone has said only two people from State were present in Benghazi on 9-11, the Ambassador and an IT Technican.

    Sounds to me like State sent up an empty storefront for the CIA to operate as 'State' employees- which Dougherty claimed he was in an interview before his death.

    The State dept didn't run the weapons search but rather lent a cover for the CIA to do so.

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You are correct it was not her place to disclose anything. It is no one's place. Nonetheless, the SoS is briefed in detail on such activities. You are also correct that the SoS does not coordinate or direct the op. But the SoS coordinates and directs US foreign policy, and to do that needs to know what the CIA is doing.
    So State knew about Iran/Contra?

    If you look at the flow chart State has no control over the CIA.

    There is this thing called need to know, the CIA is always worried about leaks from the 'civilians' I don't see them telling anymore than they absolutely had to, I don't see State demanding 'in'.

    State may direct overt foreign policy but it does not direct covert foreign programs.

  9. #99
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    So State knew about Iran/Contra?

    If you look at the flow chart State has no control over the CIA.

    There is this thing called need to know, the CIA is always worried about leaks from the 'civilians' I don't see them telling anymore than they absolutely had to, I don't see State demanding 'in'.

    State may direct overt foreign policy but it does not direct covert foreign programs.
    Iran-Contra was an illegal activity. It is not a valid analogy. I spent 34 years in that business. The SoS is briefed.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: US Closing Embassies in Mideast for a Day amid Possible Qaeda Threat.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This Sunday is Obama's Birthday.....The US is being Threatened that our Embassies in the ME, will be hit. This is all we are being told at this time. Other than it may go beyond this Sunday. Thoughts upon the matter?



    The United States is closing all of its embassies Sunday in the Middle East and parts of Asia because of a possible al-Qaeda-related threat to diplomatic posts worldwide, American officials told NBC News on Thursday.

    The U.S. has been "apprised of information that out of an abundance of caution and care for our employees and others who may be visiting our installations, that indicates we should institute these precautionary steps," said State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf.

    A senior State Department official told NBC News that all embassies that are usually open in Sundays — primarily those in Muslim countries and Israel — would be closed Aug. 4 "out of an abundance of caution." Sunday is a normal workday in those countries.

    Sunday is President Barack Obama's 52nd birthday, and it's also the day Iran inaugurates Hassan Rowhani as its new president. But U.S. officials told NBC News they had heard nothing to indicate that the date was chosen for either of those reasons.....snip~

    US closing embassies in Mideast for a day amid possible Qaeda threat
    That sounds like a coward Obamy move...

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •