Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: XKeyStore

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Totally agree, and perhaps a way to set this back on a manageable course, since the genie is already out of the box, is to allow us, ordinary citizens, the right to access this same program and be able to look at all Federal employees, allow access to everything they have on them... and should it ever be found to be utilized against an individual without obtaining a proper warrant first, all information of whatever nature, classified or not, that anybody that was involved with obtaining information on that individual, from the perpetrator's birth records on, should be accessible to the injured party.

    That will not fix the problem, but maybe someone has a better idea as this is and will be an ongoing problem in a free society...
    You're asking for transparency - something our government knows absolutely nothing about.

    You have to remember our government has the "us (government) vs them (the people)" persona.

    Anyone who believes the government is looking out for the best interests of the people is delusional - our government is looking out for their own interests... That's why progressives in government want to ban guns - not because people are being killed but because a gun is a tool that can be used against them. They know if they ban guns they can do whatever they want and all the people can do is accept that and do as they're told.

    Quite frankly it generally takes a ****ed up authoritarian personality to even want to be a politician. Libertarians are only in politics to stop the rest of the authoritarian clowns - both republican and democrat..

    Of course it is what it is and the general populace won't believe what I just said because they're being progressively brainwashed with the notion that government is here to "care for us" in any and all ways hence government can do what they want as a collective body just as long as they get their free table scraps... These pro-government clowns will choose security over liberty any day of the week just because it's the easier of the two choices.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online - CNN.com

    "Somebody's watching you"

    Imagine what an incumbent with access to that could do during a campaign?
    Of course they do. The government loves spying and will spy for as long and as hard as it can.

    Incumbents already have that access, the parties have that access. How else do you think they're able to prearrest people before their conventions?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #43
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    1) I'm not making anything up, I'm responding to exactly what you are saying. You're passionately arguing that we have nothing to worry about, which means you trust our government with this power.
    You're getting what you think I'm saying confused with what I'm actually saying.

    2) Yes, it is new to me, because these capabilities have not been proven facts until now. The carnivore program didn't do the same thing this did. Once again, if we all already knew about it, why is the US government and the people all freaking out? (Because we didn't really know about it and the government didn't want us to know about it, hence the top secret)
    I don't know why you people do half the crap you do, honestly. Libertarians constantly bitch about slippery slopes, and where these violations are leading, and then when it's finally confirmed that these things are real and active, you people act like it's some totally unheard of thing that nobody could have ever possibly imagined.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  4. #44
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    It's not "insider information", it's common sense. Do you honestly believe that the number of personnel they have has the capacity to scan hundreds of millions of mouse clicks, phone calls, and texts every second of the day? That's stupid. They'll be looking at specifically targeted areas for suspicious activity. Any idiot with half a brain and even the most basic knowledge of how the department of defense operates can figure that out.
    No, what's stupid is that you think that people are actually doing this. All they need to do is have a program monitor your information and if you say or write any key words, it takes that information, copies it, and sends it to a server to be stored.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  5. #45
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    No, what's stupid is that you think that people are actually doing this. All they need to do is have a program monitor your information and if you say or write any key words, it takes that information, copies it, and sends it to a server to be stored.
    Why that's a great idea; we shall call this NarusInsight

    LOL

    Watch out! LMFAOL

    But seriously, what on earth do you guys think the NSA does???

  6. #46
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    No, what's stupid is that you think that people are actually doing this. All they need to do is have a program monitor your information and if you say or write any key words, it takes that information, copies it, and sends it to a server to be stored.
    What's really stupid is that you clearly didn't read the article.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    But seriously, what on earth do you guys think the NSA does???
    Signals Intelligence
    Cyberattacks
    Cyberespionage
    Cyberdefense
    Spying
    Data mining
    Surveillance
    Code breaking
    Encryption
    Real-time monitoring
    Wiretaps
    Eavesdropping

  8. #48
    Advisor greyhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    08-31-13 @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    562

    New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Signals Intelligence
    Cyberattacks
    Cyberespionage
    Cyberdefense
    Spying
    Data mining
    Surveillance
    Code breaking
    Encryption
    Real-time monitoring
    Wiretaps
    Eavesdropping
    Ok, just making sure...seems like some of you forget...

  9. #49
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: New Snowden leak: NSA program taps all you do online

    Quote Originally Posted by greyhat View Post
    It is overblown; it is sensationalized to appeal to American's core belief that their freedoms and privacy are sacred and are now under assault.

    The reality is that these programs, which have been around for decades, are there to protect those freedoms. Carnivore, an FBI sniffer program, was around in the late 1990s..lets not get all worked up now. You assume the programs are targeted at you, which is pretty narcissistic btw; xkeyscore, which is old btw, wasn't designed to track your bs Internet activity LOL.

    Jut look at how people react: "low level employees have access to my info..." I mean com'on, you make it sound like the 15 year old at McDonalds does. Low level employees at the NSA aren't the guy who sweeps the floor or asks if you want fries with your burger.
    Snowden was a low level employee for a private company.

    People's passions are being stoked by this story. This is why people throw up The Fourth Amendment and make analogies to their physical persons being searched; the truth is that The Fourth Amendment doesn't cover you 100% within the electronic spectrum. In fact most references to it show how little people actually understand The Fourth Amendment.

    There have been decades of legal precedent that have addressed pieces of this argument and programs. Some of you seem to think that the whole government is just one big rogue outfit. An elephant trampling on your rights; I don't deny that Uncle Sam screws shyt up all the time, but to extrapolate how one feels about government in general to how the IC operates or why they do what they do is beyond logic. I mean, what do you think the NSA does?

    In the end history will clear up this whole debacle; IMO Snowden is a mole, and a rat, his whole job hopping campaign deeper and deeper into the infrastructure of these programs smells fishy. The guy worked at BA for three months before running to HK with all these secrets; his time line of activities do not make sense. This guy had help and IMO from the outside. He is no hero and your being misled.

    The media and many have taken sympathy to this POS; however history will prove that you were misled...in the interim no amount of logic and facts will suffice for those of you with preconceived notions.
    It's hurting US Russian relationship. The US must want Snowden really bad to forgo a planned summit, signing treaties and whatever other repercussions against Russia they can think of. That suggests the leak is probably more serious than you care to believe.


    One bright side....

    The widespread uneasiness on the left was underscored last week during the House vote on whether to defund the NSA’s phone record collection program.

    Much was made of the fact that nearly half of Republicans were in favor of the measure, despite a tradition in the post-Sept. 11, 2001, era of supporting such programs. It is perhaps equally notable that 111 of 194 House Democrats backed the measure, defying the Obama administration in doing so....
    Asylum for NSA leaker Edward Snowden a challenge to U.S.-Russia relations - The Washington Post
    Last edited by Moot; 08-03-13 at 04:08 AM.

  10. #50
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,928

    Re: XKeyStore

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    This is exactly the reason why this traitor belongs in jail. If you don't think the technology our government has at its beck and call is mind-blowing, I have a bridge to sell you. It's how they USE the technology that matters.
    He's a fricken hero in my book. He needs a reward. Like 100,000 and a vacation home in Hawaii.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •