Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

  1. #41
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    You know what, I think the problem is evolution's/God's (whichever way you go) fault for creating humans. If there were no people there would be no Iraq or any war

    Does that help you understand why your point is irrelevant to the current conversation? My example is completely sound by your logic, but I hope you can see my example (and therefore your logic) is ridiculous.
    That was my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    God is not to blame for the evil actions of humans.
    It's incredible how badly you missed the entire point of what I said, I've never seen some miss such an easy point ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    And you didn't answer the question to my hypothetical: If we were occupied by another nation (say China) would you or would you not want those troops to have immunity?
    I don't have to respond to such an asinine query.

    I'm sorry, after your post, I just can't debate this with you, I can't take you the least bit seriously anymore.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  2. #42
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    I found this article, which provided more information about Manning's verdict. Quite an interesting read, and thankfully it seems the presiding judge heard my concerns, and found the following:

    Manning was also found guilty of "wrongfully and wantonly" causing to be published on the internet intelligence belonging to the US, "having knowledge that intelligence published on the internet is accesible to the enemy". That guilty ruling could still have widest ramifications for news organisations working on investigations relating to US national security.
    I myself find it concerning that on the spectrum of liberty and, for lack of a better word at present, safety, we are very much on the safe side. Probably far more than the Founding Fathers intended. This isn't without precedent, but let's hope that the War on Terror subsides, and we return to a happier balance.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #43
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    Actually the "crime" or "crimes" that Manning was convicted of were six espionage counts, five theft charges, a computer fraud charge and several (violating a lawful general regulation) military infractions. Most which he actually tried to plead guilty to for reduced charges. Just because you think what he did was right for your stated reasons, does not mean his "crime" was exposing the truth.
    Every whistleblower must commit at least one 'crime' to expose the truth.'


    How you think that if any rapist, child molester or murderer were convicted on over a dozen charges of the same (and or other crimes related to committing those crimes) would not be serving a similar lengthy prison stay is beyond reason and at odds with this truth you speak about.
    How are the crimes that Manning committed (added up) the equivalent, let alone worse, than molesting even one child?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #44
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Which are all natural risks of enlistment during wartime.
    Yeah, because 18 year olds, who are not even considered old enough to be responsible with alcohol, fully understand the risks when they sign up.



    I love how you people have to manipulate the truth to get a point in.
    It is the truth. Most conservatives and some 'progressives' get more froathy at the mouth over people exposing corruption in the military and homeland security than they do over murderers, rapists, and molesters.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  5. #45
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    It's incredible how badly you missed the entire point of what I said, I've never seen some miss such an easy point ever
    And you miss the point I was making that you are comparing apples and oranges.



    I don't have to respond to such an asinine query.
    Because you and I both know your answer. Who, in their right mind would want to give foreign invaders immunity? You expect the Iraqis to act irrationally for our military's convenience.

    I'm sorry, after your post, I just can't debate this with you, I can't take you the least bit seriously anymore.
    Goodbye.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  6. #46
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Every whistleblower must commit at least one 'crime' to expose the truth.'
    You can be a whistleblower without ever committing a crime. Facts = gud. Lies = bad.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #47
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Yeah, because 18 year olds, who are not even considered old enough to be responsible with alcohol, fully understand the risks when they sign up.
    Yes, we all know you and the other extremist libs hate the military.


    It is the truth. Most conservatives and some 'progressives' get more froathy at the mouth over people exposing corruption in the military and homeland security than they do over murderers, rapists, and molesters.
    It's an intentional oversimplification of the facts, accompanied with a false comparison.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Every whistleblower must commit at least one 'crime' to expose the truth.'
    Bunk hooey. What was the "crime" that Enron whistle blowers were charged with then? Oh wait, that was an empty platitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    How are the crimes that Manning committed (added up) the equivalent, let alone worse, than molesting even one child?
    I never said they were, try to keep up. I replied to your earlier (specious) claim and addressed it. Namely how you think that if any rapist, child molester or murderer were convicted on over a dozen charges of the same (and or other crimes related to committing those crimes) would not be serving a similar lengthy prison stay is beyond reason and at odds with this truth you speak about.

  9. #49
    Advisor Morrigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    10-13-14 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    351

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    War on Drugs, War on Terror, War on Liberty.

    They just can't announce that last one with trumpets blaring and flying colors because somebody would shoot them, so they're trying the quiet approach.
    Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

  10. #50
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    Bunk hooey. What was the "crime" that Enron whistle blowers were charged with then? Oh wait, that was an empty platitude.
    I am talking about whistleblowers on our military. Because of their particular professions, most people in the military have no way of whistleblowing without committing a federal crime. Snowden is a perfect example.


    I never said they were, try to keep up. I replied to your earlier (specious) claim and addressed it. Namely how you think that if any rapist, child molester or murderer were convicted on over a dozen charges of the same (and or other crimes related to committing those crimes) would not be serving a similar lengthy prison stay is beyond reason and at odds with this truth you speak about.
    So you believe that, added up, all the crimes Snowden committed are worthy of more time in prison than a single charge of child molestation?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •