Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

  1. #31
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Proof?
    Prove what? Prove that the same military courts who can convict and execute a Soldier of aiding the enemy for something as small as giving an enemy agent a TM that is available to the public went soft?


    Yet you need proof to back up your claim.
    The proof is in his actions, which were reported by fellow Soldiers and family. He is a homosexual who, according to his councilor in Iraq, questioned his own gender. He was even considering sexual reassignment surgery. During Basic Training, he couldn't hack it, and was scheduled for a failure to adapt discharge, but his discharge was denied. He was constantly harassed, and became insubordinate. He was openly gay. He had a troubled relationship with his boyfriend, which caused him to be referred to the mental health facility due to claims that he was emotionally unstable. His superiors even wanted to leave him in Ft Drum because he was "a risk to himself and possibly others,". In an interview with a school reporter he had during a homosexual marriage rally, he said "I've been living a double life. ... I can't make a statement. I can't be caught in an act. I hope the public support changes. I do hope to do that before ETS". Because of all this, he felt isolated. He didn't have any friends in the Army, and this angered him. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. I have seen the same thing in the Army. Some Private can't hack it, they get mad, they lash out, ostracizing themselves from their peers, and eventually they end up doing something very stupid that either gets them arrested or kicked out with a bad conduct discharge. Manning was a piece of ****, he didn't belong in the Army, and he sure as hell didn't belong anywhere near classified materials. It was only a matter of time before he did something idiotic, and then he did. He didn't do it because of patriotism, or because he was an outstanding human being. He was mentally ill, he was angry, and he had a personal vendetta against the Army, and the US for not granting his majesty the right to marry another man who didn't want to have anything to do with him.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  2. #32
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    And what I'm saying is that it is ridiculous to point to Manning for a 'resurgence' in Al-Qaeda when there was very little Al-Qaeda activity in Iraq before the US military invaded. If you are going to blame Manning for the resurgence then you better be ready to blame our govt//military for Al-Qaeda in Iraq's initial surge.

    On the immunity, if we had Chinese troops in the US would you want them to have it?
    You know what, I think the problem is evolution's/God's (whichever way you go) fault for creating humans. If there were no people there would be no Iraq or any war

    Does that help you understand why your point is irrelevant to the current conversation? My example is completely sound by your logic, but I hope you can see my example (and therefore your logic) is ridiculous.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #33
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    You know what, I think the problem is evolution's/God's (whichever way you go) fault for creating humans. If there were no people there would be no Iraq or any war

    Does that help you understand why your point is irrelevant to the current conversation? My example is completely sound by your logic, but I hope you can see my example (and therefore your logic) is ridiculous.
    God is not to blame for the evil actions of humans. Our military, however, is to blame for creating a power vacuum which allowed Al Qaeda to get a foothold in Iraq.

    And you didn't answer the question to my hypothetical: If we were occupied by another nation (say China) would you or would you not want those troops to have immunity?
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #34
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Prove what? Prove that the same military courts who can convict and execute a Soldier of aiding the enemy for something as small as giving an enemy agent a TM that is available to the public went soft?



    The proof is in his actions, which were reported by fellow Soldiers and family. He is a homosexual who, according to his councilor in Iraq, questioned his own gender. He was even considering sexual reassignment surgery. During Basic Training, he couldn't hack it, and was scheduled for a failure to adapt discharge, but his discharge was denied. He was constantly harassed, and became insubordinate. He was openly gay. He had a troubled relationship with his boyfriend, which caused him to be referred to the mental health facility due to claims that he was emotionally unstable. His superiors even wanted to leave him in Ft Drum because he was "a risk to himself and possibly others,". In an interview with a school reporter he had during a homosexual marriage rally, he said "I've been living a double life. ... I can't make a statement. I can't be caught in an act. I hope the public support changes. I do hope to do that before ETS". Because of all this, he felt isolated. He didn't have any friends in the Army, and this angered him. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. I have seen the same thing in the Army. Some Private can't hack it, they get mad, they lash out, ostracizing themselves from their peers, and eventually they end up doing something very stupid that either gets them arrested or kicked out with a bad conduct discharge. Manning was a piece of ****, he didn't belong in the Army, and he sure as hell didn't belong anywhere near classified materials. It was only a matter of time before he did something idiotic, and then he did. He didn't do it because of patriotism, or because he was an outstanding human being. He was mentally ill, he was angry, and he had a personal vendetta against the Army, and the US for not granting his majesty the right to marry another man who didn't want to have anything to do with him.
    Sorry you wasted your time typing all that, but I know the story. Truth is, you like to pretend to know what he was thinking, but you really don't. Nobody knows but Manning and God (if you believe in God).
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  5. #35
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Sorry you wasted your time typing all that, but I know the story. Truth is, you like to pretend to know what he was thinking, but you really don't. Nobody knows but Manning and God (if you believe in God).
    And you come off as being completely ignorant of the story. It doesn't take a psychic to know what someones motivations are. You can deny it all you want, but justice has prevailed, and he will be rightfully sentenced for his crimes.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    And you come off as being completely ignorant of the story.
    On the contrary, I am very familiar with the story. I just didn't come to the same conclusions you did.

    It doesn't take a psychic to know what someones motivations are.
    No, that requires evidence. And I am not talking about what you mentioned, which is circumstantial evidence at best.

    You can deny it all you want, but justice has prevailed, and he will be rightfully sentenced for his crimes.
    Oh yes, in prison far longer than almost any rapist, child molester, or murderer could expect. That is definitely the RIGHT sentence.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  7. #37
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Oh yes, in prison far longer than almost any rapist, child molester, or murderer could expect. That is definitely the RIGHT sentence.
    He recklessly endangered the lives of every uniformed service member, every person who ever worked for us, every undercover agent operating in a combat zone, and every informant who helped us when he indiscriminately gathered and released documents that he didn't even read. The only reason I'm glad they didn't find him guilty of the one charge that would put a noose around his neck is because I think he's mentally ill. That kid is so ****ed up in the head that he doesn't even know what gender he is, and he should have never been in the Army, let alone Iraq.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    He recklessly endangered the lives of every uniformed service member, every person who ever worked for us, every undercover agent operating in a combat zone, and every informant who helped us when he indiscriminately gathered and released documents that he didn't even read. The only reason I'm glad they didn't find him guilty of the one charge that would put a noose around his neck is because I think he's mentally ill. That kid is so ****ed up in the head that he doesn't even know what gender he is, and he should have never been in the Army, let alone Iraq.
    Manning's crime was exposing the truth. It was the US govt that decided to unnecessarily endanger the lives of young soldiers. You can thank the US govt for the thousands of soldier deaths, you can thank the US govt for thousands of physical wounds, you can thank the US govt for thousands of mental wounds (many of which have led to suicide).

    And how you think exposing the truth warrants far more jailtime than for molesting a child is beyond me.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Manning's crime was exposing the truth. It was the US govt that decided to unnecessarily endanger the lives of young soldiers. You can thank the US govt for the thousands of soldier deaths, you can thank the US govt for thousands of physical wounds, you can thank the US govt for thousands of mental wounds (many of which have led to suicide).

    And how you think exposing the truth warrants far more jailtime than for molesting a child is beyond me.
    Actually the "crime" or "crimes" that Manning was convicted of were six espionage counts, five theft charges, a computer fraud charge and several (violating a lawful general regulation) military infractions. Most which he actually tried to plead guilty to for reduced charges. Just because you think what he did was right for your stated reasons, does not mean his "crime" was exposing the truth. How you think that if any rapist, child molester or murderer were convicted on over a dozen charges of the same (and or other crimes related to committing those crimes) would not be serving a similar lengthy prison stay is beyond reason and at odds with this truth you speak about.
    Last edited by Gie; 08-04-13 at 09:07 AM.

  10. #40
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, convicted on other charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Manning's crime was exposing the truth. It was the US govt that decided to unnecessarily endanger the lives of young soldiers. You can thank the US govt for the thousands of soldier deaths, you can thank the US govt for thousands of physical wounds, you can thank the US govt for thousands of mental wounds (many of which have led to suicide).
    Which are all natural risks of enlistment during wartime.

    And how you think exposing the truth warrants far more jailtime than for molesting a child is beyond me.
    I love how you people have to manipulate the truth to get a point in.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •