Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 244

Thread: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    since you have no idea what years are listed your data is skewed to the answer you want to hear. The fact is all social engineering has been administered by Democrats and you only need to look at the actual budgets to see where that spending lies. There are two parts to the budget, discretionary and non discretionary spending/entitlements so in your paper which type of spending is referenced and what control does the Congress have on those types?
    You can run from the truth. But it's still the truth. If you cared a bit about spending, and not blaming Dems for everything and being an apologist for Reps, you might actually consider which to vote for. And when you can show voting Republican lowers spending, be real sure and clue me in.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    We're 17 Trillion in debt

    Wake up
    I'm awake. Now what?

  3. #213
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Drive on roads? Get electricity off the grid? Live safely within our borders? Use the Internet? Government buys a lot, and unless you're single and paying ~$13 grand in FIT annually, you're getting a lot without having to pay for it.
    I've kept us safe with my service and I pay taxes, so no, I've never got s handout from the governkent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    I'm awake. Now what?
    Dodge noted

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've kept us safe with my service and I pay taxes, so no, I've never got s handout from the governkent.
    Cool. And thanks for keeping me safe. And hope you enjoy our collective thanks in form of GI benefits, on top of the pay, food, clothing and housing.

    Beats flipping burgers.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Non-sequitur. Pure rhetoric. Whining about total spending without a modicum of what it's spent on.

    Classic "Conservative."
    Typical liberal having no idea what the tax was established to fund thus it is money can be spent however a liberal wants to spend it. That is fiscal irresponsibility.

    Here are the line items of the budget. Learn what your taxes fund, tell me what items in this budget are already funded at the state and local levels thus are duplicated. What was the deficit in 2010?

    Expenses

    Defense 680.4
    International Affairs 47.2
    Gen. Science, Space 29.2
    Energy 14.8
    Natural resources/env 41.8
    Agriculture 19.7
    Commerce/Housing Cr 40.3
    Transportation 91.2
    Community Dev 26.1
    Education/Train/Social 89.1
    Health 346.7
    Medicare 471.8
    Income Security 542.1
    Social Security 773.3
    Veterans Benefits 124.6
    Justice 57.6
    General Govt. 23.4
    Net Interest 222.5


    Total 3641.8

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Dodge noted
    If you only could see the irony in that. Astonishing.

    Now then, you mentioned a problem, which I think we all agree is a problem: debt.

    So I'm wondering if you have any ideas on how to fix it, while I'm still awake. Do you?

  8. #218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    You can run from the truth. But it's still the truth. If you cared a bit about spending, and not blaming Dems for everything and being an apologist for Reps, you might actually consider which to vote for. And when you can show voting Republican lowers spending, be real sure and clue me in.
    I apologize for no one let alone people like you who defend Obama and liberal spending at every turn. "Your" President hasn't had a deficit under a trillion dollars and you are talking about the GOP spending money? The GOP hasn't spent a dime since Obama took office.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Typical liberal having no idea what the tax was established to fund thus it is money can be spent however a liberal wants to spend it. That is fiscal irresponsibility.

    Here are the line items of the budget. Learn what your taxes fund, tell me what items in this budget are already funded at the state and local levels thus are duplicated. What was the deficit in 2010?

    Expenses

    Defense 680.4
    International Affairs 47.2
    Gen. Science, Space 29.2
    Energy 14.8
    Natural resources/env 41.8
    Agriculture 19.7
    Commerce/Housing Cr 40.3
    Transportation 91.2
    Community Dev 26.1
    Education/Train/Social 89.1
    Health 346.7
    Medicare 471.8
    Income Security 542.1
    Social Security 773.3
    Veterans Benefits 124.6
    Justice 57.6
    General Govt. 23.4
    Net Interest 222.5


    Total 3641.8
    Blow me. How dare you use that word with me when you've yet to post on the thread I created at your urging?

    Now then, nice copy paste. Thoughts on any of it?

  10. #220
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Your moniker suits you since you encompass the worst of cons on these threads ... Worst leader? Well, some 200+ presidential scholars would beg to differ since they had him 15th among presidents ... But what do they know, right? I, mean, they have Ph.D.s and we know know what that means in the cons' anti-intellectual world, don't we?

    I didn't think you'd get the car metaphor, but I'm sorry, I can dumb it down more than that for you ...

    I teach civics ...
    Well great, 15th? And you buy what they tell you? Why? What is it about the 17 trillion dollar debt, 21 plus million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, 50 million on food stamps, over 1 million discouraged workers last month that you don't understand? Wonder if people in those groups believe he is 15th and why do you believe he deserves that high of a ranking especially after one term?

    Please post the data to support that claim he is 15th?

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •