Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 244

Thread: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Did you ever consider the reason people don't like Obama is that he is a douchebag with policies that people disagree with? Why do you think conservatives turned on Bush? Maybe because he was doing things they didn't agree with?

    If Hillary has problems if and when she gets elected as president it will not be because she is a woman, but because she generally stands for things that her opponents detest.
    Henrin ... there are enuf deniers on these threads, they don't need you ... yes, most of Obama's critics, and I suspect this has been and will be the case for Hillary, don't like him because of his policies (although most people don't have a clue what they're talking about when they talk about policies and issues), because he's a Democrat, because they're misinformed, etc. ... but if you think that the fact that he is black and that Hillary is a woman don't matter at all, you're in the worst kind of denial ... he's a Muslim, he's not really one of us, he's a Kenyan, he wasn't born here, he's the foodstamp president ... give me a break ... even Hillary played on racial fears during her primary against him and she in turn had to deal with the sexism from Obama's campaign and the media ... what is it with so many posters on these threads constantly pretending we live in a post-racial and post-sexism America? it gets tiresome ... in fact, so much so, that posting is becoming less and less enjoyable ... and btw, you're an adult ... "douchebag?" I thought that was high school 1960s ... Call him an idiot or something, but douchebag? Really?

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, I am! Lol!
    good, and see how happy you are now as a consequence?

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Henrin ... there are enuf deniers on these threads, they don't need you ... yes, most of Obama's critics, and I suspect this has been and will be the case for Hillary, don't like him because of his policies (although most people don't have a clue what they're talking about when they talk about policies and issues), because he's a Democrat, because they're misinformed, etc. ... but if you think that the fact that he is black and that Hillary is a woman don't matter at all, you're in the worst kind of denial ... he's a Muslim, he's not really one of us, he's a Kenyan, he wasn't born here, he's the foodstamp president ... give me a break ... even Hillary played on racial fears during her primary against him and she in turn had to deal with the sexism from Obama's campaign and the media ... what is it with so many posters on these threads constantly pretending we live in a post-racial and post-sexism America? it gets tiresome ... in fact, so much so, that posting is becoming less and less enjoyable ... and btw, you're an adult ... "douchebag?" I thought that was high school 1960s ... Call him an idiot or something, but douchebag? Really?

    Why would I use idiot in place of douchebag? Calling obama an idiot does nothing to describe his over inflated sense of self worth nor does it describe his complete lack of self awareness. All it does is describe his lack of intelligence and while it's true he isn't all that bright, it does nothing to describe his other shortcomings. Sorry, but idiot does not work as a substitute for douchebag.

    You're free to think whatever you want on why people oppose Obama, but it's probably wise to take note of the sharp differences between people like Obama and his opposition.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-31-13 at 04:53 PM.

  4. #164
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    Obviously, we do not all require welfare payments, thankfully. But handouts come in many forms, mainly in getting stuff we like from government, without actually paying for it. For example, businesses rely on a lot of stuff: educated workforce; infrastructure; government funded research; cheap access to natural resources they sell back to us at a huge markup; etc. In fact, it's been suggested by more than a few economists that over half of government spending is in direct support of businesses. And once was a time business carried about half the tax burden. But not any more; they've gotten it down to less than 20%, placing 80% of the burden onto individuals. So it seems one investment is really paying off: lobbying expense.

    Now consider Individual handouts. Federal outlays divided by the population is round about $13 grand, per. Add a spouse and a newborn, and the stuff being bought by the Federal Government on ya'll behalf (wars, fences on border, cool space toys by NASA, Interstate highways to see the grand parents on holidays, etc, etc.) is round about $39 grand. Business should in aggregate, be picking up half that tab. So really, the citizen-benefit stuff for your happy little family of three is nearer to $19.5 grand, annually. But if merely a schmuck making a median income, the amount of Federal Taxes they pay is maybe $3 grand. So they get a lot of stuff for free (handouts). $16.5 Grand in handouts, even if you don't drive or care about border security ... maybe your employer relies on that stuff, and it's why you have a job. Tough to say for sure. But chances are a median wage earner cares more about Interstates and airline security, etc, than some schmuck getting $200 / month in food aid and living in poverty, ergo not traveling much. It's all relative.

    To clarify, I have 2 kids and a couple ex-spouses. But let's say the "ex" means it's only me and my two kids; $39 Grand a year. And in truth, I've hovered around $25 to $30 grand in Federal Income Taxes, going back a decade or two. So I've been getting handouts a plenty, too. In fact we all have, since we get stuff the Government has to borrow to pay for.
    I've never gotten a hand out from the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #165
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    good, and see how happy you are now as a consequence?
    I was perfectly happy before, watching you people worship Dear Leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I've never gotten a hand out from the government.
    Drive on roads? Get electricity off the grid? Live safely within our borders? Use the Internet? Government buys a lot, and unless you're single and paying ~$13 grand in FIT annually, you're getting a lot without having to pay for it.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    windowdressing;1062128881]I hope you're right about the next president being a better leader ... granted, he has been a much better leader than Bush, but he still leaves a lot to be desired ... and I think you're right, I think Hillary will be a better leader, although she'll encounter problems as the first woman president, just as Obama has encountered problems as the first black man to be president, that white men don't encounter - the Jackie Robinson effect ... but that's to be expected ...
    You think the "do as I say, not as I do" President is a good leader? What is your experience in judging leadership because quite frankly Obama is the worst leader this country has ever seen and the results show it. Rather than meet with top Congressional leaders and work on bipartisanship Obama goes on vacation and plays a lot of golf while giving campaign speeches for a job he already has.

    You want to talk about Bush deficits but have no idea what you are talking about. Bush never had a trillion dollar deficit, EVER. It really is too bad that you are so partisan and full of misinformation that you cannot see how foolish you sound nor apparently do you care. How did the GOP push the car down the hill from 2007 through 2010 when Democrats controlled the gas pedal?

    Rather than try to explain something you don't understand take a civics class and get back to me.

    on Bush's deficit, keep something in mind ... when you push a car down the hill and jump out, as the GOP did, and someone else has to jump in to stop it (as Obama did), it's going to travel down the hill some before you can stop it completely, turn it around, and then have to push it back up the hill while the guys who pushed it down to begin with are pushing against you to keep it at the bottom of the hill ... the electorate understood this, too bad you don't and I can't explain it to you any better than this ...[/QUOTE]

  8. #168
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Giving the military MORE than what they asked is spending more, something YOU claim is bad.

    As for your personal attacks, please cite to me what makes me a liberal. I don't believe in gun control, I didn't vote for Obama in 2012, I don't believe in stimulus payouts, didn't agree with solyndra, don't think the government should dictate green energy, have criticized Obama on multiple things. What exactly makes me a liberal? Just because I don't worhship the GOP as you do doesn't make me a liberal. It does make your comments ridiculous, petty, and shows how a conservative can only make smear comments.

    First of all you continue to show how little you know because Romney never submitted a budget and isn't in position to do so.

    You claim that I got the President I deserved when I didn't vote for Obama thus you make things up to suit your position, that makes you a liberal. You think I am a member of the GOP, prove it.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    First of all you continue to show how little you know because Romney never submitted a budget and isn't in position to do so.

    You claim that I got the President I deserved when I didn't vote for Obama thus you make things up to suit your position, that makes you a liberal. You think I am a member of the GOP, prove it.
    Perhaps he/she know more than you ...

    Romney wants to increase defense spending by $2 trillion. But what will he use it for?

  10. #170
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    I dunno; look at a graph?

    Mother Jones? come on, give me Treasury Data and not something from Mother Jones. Define Democrat and Republican controlled years in control. Republicans didn't Control Congress until 1994 and did so for 6 years. We had a divided Congress 2001-2003, Republican Control 2004-2006 and Democrat Controlled 2007-2010

    Not sure why you believe Mother Jones other than that is what you want to believe. Mother Jones is a leftwing partisan site that wouldn't know the truth if it bit the site in the ass.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •