Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 244

Thread: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your opinion noted, how do you know we were on the brink of depression and what exactly did Obama do to prevent that? You see, you continue to buy the rhetoric but there is nothing to support your claim. The next President has an additional 6.2 trillion debt to clean up, an economy that is stagnant, and job creation that isn't keeping up with population growth. That next President will be the leader that Obama never was.
    I hope you're right about the next president being a better leader ... granted, he has been a much better leader than Bush, but he still leaves a lot to be desired ... and I think you're right, I think Hillary will be a better leader, although she'll encounter problems as the first woman president, just as Obama has encountered problems as the first black man to be president, that white men don't encounter - the Jackie Robinson effect ... but that's to be expected ...

    on Bush's deficit, keep something in mind ... when you push a car down the hill and jump out, as the GOP did, and someone else has to jump in to stop it (as Obama did), it's going to travel down the hill some before you can stop it completely, turn it around, and then have to push it back up the hill while the guys who pushed it down to begin with are pushing against you to keep it at the bottom of the hill ... the electorate understood this, too bad you don't and I can't explain it to you any better than this ...

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I know this is hard for you to understand but the role of the govt. is defense and regardless of how much waste you think is in that budget it remains 800 billion out of a 3.6 trillion dollar budget. You can cut the defense budget completely and still have trillion dollar deficits and no defense. Yours is nothing more than typical liberal whining without thinking through your position.
    Giving the military MORE than what they asked is spending more, something YOU claim is bad.

    As for your personal attacks, please cite to me what makes me a liberal. I don't believe in gun control, I didn't vote for Obama in 2012, I don't believe in stimulus payouts, didn't agree with solyndra, don't think the government should dictate green energy, have criticized Obama on multiple things. What exactly makes me a liberal? Just because I don't worhship the GOP as you do doesn't make me a liberal. It does make your comments ridiculous, petty, and shows how a conservative can only make smear comments.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How would you know the Conservative spending appetite? The last Bush budget was 3 trillion dollars. what is your solution, higher taxes and more handouts? Isn't 50 million on food stamps enough? How about 100 million Americans on some form of taxpayer assistance? You think the liberal social agenda has worked? I never see any solutions from liberals,
    I dunno; look at a graph?


  4. #154
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    The Republicans should have just said YES.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The Republicans should have just said YES.
    Too risky; might improve the lives of some Americans and cost them votes.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So show me the line item in the budget that supports your contention of large corporation handouts. Thanks in advance. You seem to think that a company keeping more of what they earn is a govt. handout.
    Too big to fail, mega subsidies, lax regulation (strippers and cocaine for big oil refineries), etc.

    Don't know why so many people rally against the free market these days.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    I hope you're right about the next president being a better leader ... granted, he has been a much better leader than Bush, but he still leaves a lot to be desired ... and I think you're right, I think Hillary will be a better leader, although she'll encounter problems as the first woman president, just as Obama has encountered problems as the first black man to be president, that white men don't encounter - the Jackie Robinson effect ... but that's to be expected ...
    Did you ever consider the reason people don't like Obama is that he is a douchebag with policies that people disagree with? Why do you think conservatives turned on Bush? Maybe because he was doing things they didn't agree with?

    If Hillary has problems if and when she gets elected as president it will not be because she is a woman, but because she generally stands for things that her opponents detest.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Did you ever consider the reason people don't like Obama is that he is a douchebag with policies that people disagree with? Why do you think conservatives turned on Bush? Maybe because he was doing things they didn't agree with?

    If Hillary has problems if and when she gets elected as president it will not be because she is a woman, but because she generally stands for things that her opponents detest.
    There is never going to be a president of any party who isn't going to do things that someone doesn't agree with.

    In the words of Harry Truman, "No matter what you do in this job, some SOB doesn't like it."
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    12-28-15 @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So show me the line item in the budget that supports your contention of large corporation handouts. Thanks in advance. You seem to think that a company keeping more of what they earn is a govt. handout.
    Obviously, we do not all require welfare payments, thankfully. But handouts come in many forms, mainly in getting stuff we like from government, without actually paying for it. For example, businesses rely on a lot of stuff: educated workforce; infrastructure; government funded research; cheap access to natural resources they sell back to us at a huge markup; etc. In fact, it's been suggested by more than a few economists that over half of government spending is in direct support of businesses. And once was a time business carried about half the tax burden. But not any more; they've gotten it down to less than 20%, placing 80% of the burden onto individuals. So it seems one investment is really paying off: lobbying expense.

    Now consider Individual handouts. Federal outlays divided by the population is round about $13 grand, per. Add a spouse and a newborn, and the stuff being bought by the Federal Government on ya'll behalf (wars, fences on border, cool space toys by NASA, Interstate highways to see the grand parents on holidays, etc, etc.) is round about $39 grand. Business should in aggregate, be picking up half that tab. So really, the citizen-benefit stuff for your happy little family of three is nearer to $19.5 grand, annually. But if merely a schmuck making a median income, the amount of Federal Taxes they pay is maybe $3 grand. So they get a lot of stuff for free (handouts). $16.5 Grand in handouts, even if you don't drive or care about border security ... maybe your employer relies on that stuff, and it's why you have a job. Tough to say for sure. But chances are a median wage earner cares more about Interstates and airline security, etc, than some schmuck getting $200 / month in food aid and living in poverty, ergo not traveling much. It's all relative.

    To clarify, I have 2 kids and a couple ex-spouses. But let's say the "ex" means it's only me and my two kids; $39 Grand a year. And in truth, I've hovered around $25 to $30 grand in Federal Income Taxes, going back a decade or two. So I've been getting handouts a plenty, too. In fact we all have, since we get stuff the Government has to borrow to pay for.

  10. #160
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama to propose 'grand bargain' on corporate tax rate, infrastructure

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    put those shoes down and start paying more attention ...
    Oh, I am! Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •