Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 471 to 477 of 477

Thread: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

  1. #471
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    No, they think of it as what it is, a document designed to limit the power of government - something that is sorely needed in this day and age.

    "I'm from the gov't and I'm here to help you." That is the flawed premise that justifies this NSA infringement upon our privacy. Anything that can be abused will be abused, especially power.

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    "I'm from the gov't and I'm here to help you." That is the flawed premise that justifies this NSA infringement upon our privacy. Anything that can be abused will be abused, especially power.
    Amen. It is always about power and will always be about power. Sadly, our system gives power to the last people that should have it - the power hungry.

  3. #473
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    No, they think of it as what it is, a document designed to limit the power of government - something that is sorely needed in this day and age.
    It's not like 'the people' are any better. Think of how dumb the average person is: half of them are dumber than that. Oligarchy is needed across the globe.

    Of course, this has nothing to do with what the NSA is doing, though, no matter how someone might try to shoehorn it in.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #474
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    It's not like 'the people' are any better. Think of how dumb the average person is: half of them are dumber than that. Oligarchy is needed across the globe.

    Of course, this has nothing to do with what the NSA is doing, though, no matter how someone might try to shoehorn it in.
    It has nothing to do with the thread but you thought you would throw a little nonsense in to entertain us?

  5. #475
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    It has nothing to do with the thread but you thought you would throw a little nonsense in to entertain us?
    Was I the one that started the conversation about limiting power or you? But you're right, it has nothing to do with anything and you should very quickly stop speaking about and focus on the subject.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #476
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    It's not like 'the people' are any better. Think of how dumb the average person is: half of them are dumber than that. Oligarchy is needed across the globe.

    Of course, this has nothing to do with what the NSA is doing, though, no matter how someone might try to shoehorn it in.
    Advocating for oligarchy and then claiming the NSA has no role in it is rather an absurd post, but that is consistent for you.

  7. #477
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Greenwald says 'low-level' NSA workers can tap into phone, Internet records

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Advocating for oligarchy and then claiming the NSA has no role in it is rather an absurd post, but that is consistent for you.
    Henry, be quiet. Talk about a conspiracy, if you must.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •